School Survival Forums
Shmups megathread - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Shmups megathread (/showthread.php?tid=34814)

Shmups megathread - (´・ω・`) - 12-26-2014 11:07 AM

For discussion of the best game, and other games as well. Wink

Chanku and WSD should know what I'm talking about.
Anyways, a few links before I give the thread over to the others. Questions are openly invited and I'd be happy to answer anything you ask about this wonderful genre.

X.X Game Room -- Good Freeware Shmups

Kaikan -- Another Good Freeware Shmup

The best game

The other best bullet hell on Steam

Anyways, I think that's a good collection of links to start with. If you have anything else or want to request anything then please do let me know. Biggrin

Shmups megathread - True Strasserist - 12-26-2014 11:21 AM

excuse me but the best shmup is in fact ikaruga, it is the hardest game ever made too

Shmups megathread - (´・ω・`) - 12-27-2014 02:22 AM

^ troll, obvious troll ^
That said Ikaruga is actually a decent game and it has an excellent PC port too.

Ikaruga for PC

RE: Shmups megathread - Smokey - 07-30-2015 04:17 AM

Crimzon Clover is shit

Anyways, just today I found out you could emulate some of CAVE's arcade games in demul, including Daifukkatsu which I've been wanting to play for a long while.
I honestly thought black label was going to be horrible, but it's actually really fun. It's easy to emulate so I recommend anyone try it Biggrin
Now I've just got to try Ibara, Espgaluda II, probably some other stuff.
EDIT: LOL I just realized how old this thread was. So much for megathread you fucking nerd.

Shmups megathread - (´・ω・`) - 07-30-2015 05:22 PM

Nah, Crimzon Clover is hype, even if it's kinda memo heavy. Anyways yeah, Demul is pretty cool because it lets you run the newer Cave games in an emulator that doesn't suck.

Shmups megathread - Shuggy - 09-03-2015 08:20 PM

Ikaruga is what got me into the Shmup genre.

RE: Shmups megathread - Smokey - 09-04-2015 07:10 AM

I managed to 1cc daifukkatsu in demul the other day with type A - bomb style. Preddy epic shit, even if I didn't beat my PB