School Survival Forums
Help me with my essay, no you don't have to write it! :P - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Help me with my essay, no you don't have to write it! :P (/showthread.php?tid=34407)

Help me with my essay, no you don't have to write it! :P - Night - 09-26-2014 06:24 AM

So I had to write the rough draft for my first essay in English.
My essay is an analysis of this essay by John Holt.

I just got my rough draft back with all my professor's comments. i vaguely referenced SS in my essay and the countless stories of school I've heard here. But my professor asked me to cite one or two stories.

The paragraph I mentioned ss specifically was about basically how we've learned to pretty much trick our teachers into thinking we're working hard but we're really just trying to get it over with.

Though any story you can think of about how or why school made you lazy, uninterested, or really anything that comes to mind while reading the link above.

RE: Help me with my essay, no you don't have to write it! :P - brainiac3397 - 09-26-2014 06:46 AM

No challenge.

Help me with my essay, no you don't have to write it! :P - xcriteria - 09-26-2014 07:41 AM

Cool!

In addition to stories from people here, you might want to read and cite this article from Michael Wesch.

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2008/10/a-vision-of-students-today-what-teachers-must-do

It's one of my favorite articles... all about college students playing the "getting by" game (and how education needs to change.)

This post from a 5th grade teacher fits in with that theme, too:

Who or What Broke My Kids?

(long G+ follow-up conversation about that...)

RE: Help me with my essay, no you don't have to write it! :P - no - 01-11-2016 09:27 PM

We offer experienced shamans who will convince the instructor to ignore the disparity between the writing style in the essay and any writing done in class.