School Survival Forums
Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? (/showthread.php?tid=34307)

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - DeadorAlive - 09-05-2014 08:34 AM

I have this school assistant principal at my school, who almost everybody hates. About 3/4th's of the people I know, really dislike her. She's a narrow-minded, guiltless, grudge-holding dictator. Those are the words that describe her. I have a feeling she might be psychopathic. I've had two incidents last year with her - which I will explain later, because I'm too tired right now, and I still have math homework I have to do. And in order to explain it well, I would have to write a really long play-by-play.

Anyway I've googled this, and found nothing but wiki and yahoo questions, and I also found a news article where students petitioned to rehire a security guard that allegedly threw a disabled kid out of his wheelchair and beat him up, because he spat in his face. I want to know if something like this has successfully been done before, because I plan on organizing a school wide petition, if things get bad with her again. Instead of just having signatures, I also plan on recording stories as well. I don't think I'll have a hard time finding signatures.

The strange thing about her is that last year, (when the incidents with me happened), she was the in charge of all sophomores, and I guess she's had this position for a while. This year I find out THAT SHE CHANGED HER POSITION TO BE IN CHARGE OF THE JUNIORS. Its like she wants to get revenge on me or something.

Its not just her who hates me, all of the other desk ladies hate me too. One of them gave my mom a hard time when she was registering my sister for school (my mom got involved with one of the incidents). When she was waiting behind one group of people to sign a clip board, the desk lady said "Can't you see that I'm busy, there are people infront of you!" Then my mom tries to politely say, "Do I need to sign in or anything?" Then the desk lady says "I KNOW WHO YOU ARE". Fun stuff.

RE: Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - brainiac3397 - 09-05-2014 01:52 PM

Legally speaking though, students pretty much have no power over the employment status of any school staff member. You can try to persuade the admins(or if that fails, the local board of education) but otherwise it's nil.

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Ky - 09-06-2014 02:52 AM

I've heard a few stories on the forums of such petitions. If I remember correctly, at least a couple of them were actually successful...though obviously didn't make all of the problems go away.

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Missile - 09-06-2014 01:12 PM

good luck dealing with the teachers unions

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - DeadorAlive - 09-07-2014 10:53 AM

Even if I don't fire her. I would be happy with getting local publicity with the petition, and have her reputation ruined.

RE: Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Username - 09-07-2014 09:38 PM

No.

RE: Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - DeadorAlive - 09-08-2014 12:36 PM

(09-07-2014 09:38 PM)Username Wrote:  No.

Yes.

RE: Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Username - 09-08-2014 10:18 PM

(09-08-2014 12:36 PM)DeadorAlive Wrote:  
(09-07-2014 09:38 PM)Username Wrote:  No.

Yes.

/whydidieventhinkaboutclosingdneandcominghere?

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Gwedin - 09-08-2014 10:22 PM

Because you can't let go. Nobody can. :|

RE: Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Username - 09-08-2014 11:09 PM

(09-08-2014 10:22 PM)Gwedin Wrote:  Because you can't let go. Nobody can. :|

Hit it, but can't really quit it.

RE: Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Sharpie - 09-09-2014 12:43 AM

When hitting it is this good there's no reason to stop

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - brainiac3397 - 09-09-2014 06:42 AM

Violent criminals you lot with a your non-stop hitting.

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - KFC Nyan Cat - 09-09-2014 08:04 AM

School Survival Forums: Derailing intelligent threads since 2005!

Have students successfully petitionioned to fire a teacher/faculty member? - Marlena403 - 02-07-2017 04:04 AM

At my school, boys from Year 10 threatened to get my maths teacher fired and say that she was making out with a student when she was not. The boys failed to get her fired only because I told my Form Tutor and the Head of Maths. The boys left the school later on. I don't know why they tried to get her fired, but I think it's because just like some other students, they enjoy seeing my math teacher cry.

Poor math teacher.