School Survival Forums
. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: . (/showthread.php?tid=34294)

. - deleted2016 - 09-03-2014 08:57 AM

Rant: Phys. Ed. - James Comey - 09-03-2014 09:23 AM

The teachers in my class are 10+ minutes late each time lol.

I agree. I always get paranoid when I go in those goddamn locker rooms... like god knows what kind of bacteria lurks in there.

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - no - 09-03-2014 10:35 AM

At my middle school, the PE teacher once made everyone change into gym clothes and then had them all sit on the floor for the entire period as he lectured about nutrition.

Rant: Phys. Ed. - GamerGurl - 09-03-2014 02:33 PM

I only had like 2 good PE teachers from 7th grade and 9th grade. The 6th grade PE teacher I had was a bit stern. She was nice to me but pretty boring. In 8th grade I filled out an application to replace PE with an elective, and my 10th grade PE teacher was the worst. This guy was pretty mean and he would kiss ass to the prissy girls and athletic guys. Not surprisingly mainly to the former.

Sadly my 7th grade PE teacher passed away a while back. I found a FB memorial page about him. I added my 9th grade PE teacher on FB. Razz She was one of those teachers in school who actually gave a damn and didn't seem so biased towards the system.

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - MrAnonymous - 09-03-2014 03:09 PM

I'll go over what happens during gym time.

1. Teachers are late 10 minutes because they are chatting with their friends (students get in trouble for this).
2. Run for five-ten minutes around 1/2-1 mile. No sort of strength training, EVER.
3. Stay outside while getting heat exhaustion while the teacher blabbers her/his mouth about how to do something so simple for 30 minutes (such as how to throw a football).
4. Class over. Sweat like a pig even though you did no work in gym.

This process goes on for about 1 1/2 weeks, then we play the actual game for the last half week we have in the unit (units are 2 weeks). Then, I'm paired up with these weaklings. Then after that, get your butt whooped since you are the only member who is trying—it's not that they're not athletic, it's that they won't try. I'll give you an example. In the football unit when I'm paired up with the most horrible team ever, your teammates talk to other teammates on the freaking field even after the ball is snapped. Then when you throw it to them, they dodge the football like it's a bullet that is going to kill them. And since the other team is another one-man show, your ball never gets intercepted. Razz Then your teammates do this for the whole year.

Don't even get me started on the locker room. Germs, hormones, nudity, and being clumped up are things that come to mind when thinking of the locker room.

Oh god, don't even remind me about Sex Ed in gym. Awkwardness + memorization.

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - Zo - 09-07-2014 03:33 AM

(09-03-2014 08:57 AM)Jokerman Wrote:  The final exams are comprised of rote memory questions about sports we've played - stuff that the teacher never goes over.

Our final exam in PE was a joke last year. The first section was multiple choice word-for-word from the study guide. Then we had to read an article about Chinese athletes doping and fill out a crossword puzzle about it. I'm not looking forward to this year, since we actually have to do work and memorize the rules of games which, of course, we will receive no notes on.

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - Ky - 09-07-2014 06:30 AM

(09-07-2014 03:33 AM)Zo Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 08:57 AM)Jokerman Wrote:  The final exams are comprised of rote memory questions about sports we've played - stuff that the teacher never goes over.

Our final exam in PE was a joke last year. The first section was multiple choice word-for-word from the study guide. Then we had to read an article about Chinese athletes doping and fill out a crossword puzzle about it. I'm not looking forward to this year, since we actually have to do work and memorize the rules of games which, of course, we will receive no notes on.

Wow.

Well, you know what they say - those who can't do, teach, and those who can't teach, teach Phys. Ed.

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - Missile - 09-09-2014 08:30 AM

Watch on YouTube

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - James Comey - 09-09-2014 10:35 AM

I understand the rationale for physical education, but goddamn does school fuck it up so well. Teachers that are late, locker rooms, buying gym clothes, same shit every day, no real fucking strength training, etc. I was doing far more in the summer than I'm getting in a fucking P.E. class.

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - Username - 09-10-2014 03:55 AM

(09-09-2014 10:35 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  I understand the rationale for physical education, but goddamn does school fuck it up so well. Teachers that are late, locker rooms, buying gym clothes, same shit every day, no real fucking strength training, etc. I was doing far more in the summer than I'm getting in a fucking P.E. class.

Not to mention the time limit. The teacher is about 5 minutes late, so we have at least 40 minutes to do the fucking exercises. The warmup is about 5-10 minutes, the stretching part another 5. Then there's about 10 minutes of shitty exercises where some fuck around and we get nothing done. And then we get released 10-15 minutes earlier to get a wash up.
I'd much rather get a gym subscription.

Rant: Phys. Ed. - James Comey - 09-10-2014 11:29 AM

If they're going to force physical education on us, can they at least make it something flexible like a gym subscription or something? A lot fucking better than what every school does.

RE: Rant: Phys. Ed. - Missile - 09-13-2014 02:15 AM

Is my video working for the rest of you, it won't play on my computer but I works on the iPad I'm on