School Survival Forums
Sentences - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Sentences (/showthread.php?tid=34260)

Sentences - lc11 - 08-30-2014 03:29 PM

Homework Helper Thread

Thread for you guys to post any sentence(s) you may have from an essay, book report, etc.

People who choose to join this thread then can correct those sentences (grammar, word choice, punctuation, etc.).

Scratchchin

Sentences - Ky - 08-30-2014 04:36 PM

You'll want to center "Homework Helper Thread", like so:

Code:
[center]Homework Helper Thread[/center]

Your first full sentence is not, in fact, a full sentence. You could say "This is a thread for you guys to post any sentence(s) you may have from an essay, book report, or the like."

Your second sentence has "then" and "can" in the wrong positions. It should read as follows: "People who choose to join this thread can then correct those sentences (grammar, word choice, punctuation, etc.)." Better yet, you could add some form of clarification to indicate that the words in parentheses correspond to the formation of sentences, rather than whole sentences themselves.

I see you are using a smiley meant to denote thoughtfulness. Could you provide context for that?

You might be wondering at this point whether I am using this as an opportunity to make fun of you. I'm not; I just thought it would be funny to provide the help you've requested to the original post. Giggle

Sentences - Gwedin - 08-30-2014 04:48 PM

ITT: Everyone is a grammer nazi.

Sentences - GamerGurl - 08-31-2014 02:47 AM

Split posts to Split Discussions. Discuss it there:
http://forums.school-survival.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=53

I might move this thread. It looks like it belongs in the Homework forum instead.

Sentences - Ky - 08-31-2014 02:58 AM

Good idea; this thread now resides in Homework Help.

RE: Sentences - SoulRiser - 08-31-2014 04:26 AM

(08-30-2014 04:48 PM)Gwedin Wrote:  ITT: Everyone is a grammer nazi.

Grammar*

Sentences - lc11 - 08-31-2014 04:32 AM

Help me correct the sentence below. I don't know if I should change my word choice, add more info, or remove some words. This is my topic sentence for an essay on Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card.

In the novel Ender’s Shadow, protagonist Julian Delphiki (aka Bean) is an intelligent, precocious child who struggles to grasp what feelings and emotions are because he is genetically altered.

Sentences - Ky - 08-31-2014 06:40 AM

The sentence is grammatically correct, as far as I can tell, but it flows awkwardly.

Perhaps you could change it to "In the novel Ender's Shadow, protagonist Bean is an intelligent, precocious child who, as a result of his genetic alteration, struggles to grasp the concept of human emotion." Actually, that probably isn't the ideal sentence structure either, but it's a start.

(Also, I loved reading Ender's Shadow, possibly even more than Ender's Game.)

RE: Sentences - lc11 - 08-31-2014 06:52 AM

(08-31-2014 06:40 AM)DoA Wrote:  The sentence is grammatically correct, as far as I can tell, but it flows awkwardly.

Perhaps you could change it to "In the novel Ender's Shadow, protagonist Bean is an intelligent, precocious child who, as a result of his genetic alteration, struggles to grasp the concept of human emotion." Actually, that probably isn't the ideal sentence structure either, but it's a start.

(Also, I loved reading Ender's Shadow, possibly even more than Ender's Game.)

Thanks, DoA.

I have one more question to ask. I ask this question to everyone who has read the Ender's Game or Ender's Shadow series.

In your opinion, what do you think is the main THEME of Ender's Shadow?

Ever since finishing the book last week, I haven't really decided on what the main lesson or moral of the story was.

Sentences - Ky - 08-31-2014 08:38 AM

I haven't decided on that either, and it's been awhile since I last read either book.

RE: Sentences - MrAnonymous - 08-31-2014 08:38 AM

[Image: socialgroupicon_793_1234205190.png]

RE: Sentences - Gwedin - 08-31-2014 12:07 PM

(08-31-2014 04:26 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  

Grammar*

gamer *

Sentences - brainiac3397 - 08-31-2014 02:19 PM

By having had it gotten, the lad begets the forgotten.