School Survival Forums
CHSPE Preperation - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: CHSPE Preperation (/showthread.php?tid=34163)

CHSPE Preperation - oilrig - 08-21-2014 02:50 PM

Seeing as the most recent topic about the CHSPE(from the search function) is nearly a month old, I decided to make a new one. I'm currently studying for the CHSPE and have the study guide that was referred to me by the staff there by e-mail. What I'm worried about is that the book was made several years ago and might be out of date. Does anyone have any tips for the it?

CHSPE Preperation - James Comey - 08-23-2014 04:20 PM

Oh shit, I didn't even notice this.

From my experience with the CHSPE, I can give you some basic info.

The English part is incredibly easy. It's probably the easiest test you'll ever take in your life. I think even a middle schooler could pass it. It's basic grammar and sentence structure, etc. There's a writing assignment but if you half-ass it enough, you'll pass it (put as many words as you can on that assignment).

The Math part depends on your ability. If math's more of your thing, you'll pass it with ease. For me, there were some that were a given and others that were rather difficult. Sadly, the difficult ones bit me in the ass, and I almost passed the test but damn, those confusing questions.

I'd suggest to study on your Geometry and Algebra real well. That's all you'll need to pass this.

RE: CHSPE Preperation - GamerGurl - 08-23-2014 04:31 PM

(08-23-2014 04:20 PM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Oh shit, I didn't even notice this.

The English part is incredibly easy. It's probably the easiest test you'll ever take in your life. I think even a middle schooler could pass it. It's basic grammar and sentence structure, etc. There's a writing assignment but if you half-ass it enough, you'll pass it (put as many words as you can on that assignment).

The Math part depends on your ability. If math's more of your thing, you'll pass it with ease. For me, there were some that were a given and others that were rather difficult. Sadly, the difficult ones bit me in the ass, and I almost passed the test but damn, those confusing questions.

I'd suggest to study on your Geometry and Algebra real well. That's all you'll need to pass this.
Hans, I remember you saying you almost passed it. Did you decide to continue going to school or did you retake it?

CHSPE Preperation - James Comey - 08-24-2014 07:58 AM

I'm back in prison.... but my classes are actually easy this year. I can probably graduate.

RE: CHSPE Preperation - oilrig - 09-22-2014 06:39 PM

(08-23-2014 04:20 PM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Oh shit, I didn't even notice this.

Any specific types of questions that stood out in your mind as particularly difficult?

CHSPE Preperation - xcriteria - 09-23-2014 02:12 AM

I'd say take one or more online practice tests, so you can get a sense of where you're at.

Here are some sample questions:

Official CHSPE sample questions page

A bunch more sample questions

You can also take a free short practice test at CHSPEpractice.com, and if you have money to spend you can pay to take full-length practice tests ($13.95 for one.)

@Hansgrohe, we should talk about setting up a CHSPE resource site like you had in mind... I bet we could reach a lot of people that way. It wouldn't be hard to make something basic and go from there.

RE: CHSPE Preperation - oilrig - 09-25-2014 05:00 PM

I passed the first sample test without much difficulty, but my god the second set of questions from that prep site. Permutations are the bane of my existence.