School Survival Forums
body language - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Site & Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Split Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: body language (/showthread.php?tid=33738)

body language - Rebag102 - 07-08-2014 07:45 AM

Body language is really bullshit

RE: body language - LedoS - 07-08-2014 07:55 AM

(07-08-2014 07:45 AM)REBAG102 Wrote:  Body language is really bullshit

hahahahahhaahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha HAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh god...

RE: body language - Ario - 07-08-2014 10:39 PM

How come we still tolerate you?

RE: body language - Efs - 07-08-2014 10:42 PM

ur existence is bullshit

body language - SoulRiser - 07-08-2014 10:55 PM

@ Rebag: Why do you say that?

@ Everyone else... why didn't you just ask why? Why mock him for his statement?

RE: body language - vonunov - 07-09-2014 12:25 AM

I felt I already knew why he thought that, but I didn't want to get into it. It'd be nice to hear it from him though. Any mockery I agreed with wasn't really about the opinion itself, but about how he made this unqualified and unsupported statement.

RE: body language - thewake - 07-09-2014 12:45 AM

Body language is bullshit, mostly because it's so easy to have shitty body language. And people pay attention to it.

RE: body language - Rebag102 - 07-09-2014 12:50 AM

(07-09-2014 12:45 AM)Weswammy Wrote:  Body language is bullshit, mostly because it's so easy to have shitty body language. And people pay attention to it.
This is basically what I ment
I should have been more specific

RE: body language - vonunov - 07-09-2014 01:18 AM

Body language isn't supposed to be something you're good or bad at. It's something that just happens for most people, unless they're very familiar with it and are deliberately manipulating it. There's no such thing as shitty body language, but maybe your body language indicates disinterest or some sort of bad mood, and if someone picks up on that and reacts negatively, it means body language is working, not that it's bullshit.

Just to make sure, we aren't talking about posture as your grandmother would have it.

The attitude that the [now] OP seemed to imply was along the lines of the rejection of "society and its arbitrary rules" for being "bullshit", which I think is a laughably broad and unrefined idea, even without it being misapplied. Saying that body language is bullshit suggests that you think it's some sort of deliberate construct that can be rejected for being unreasonable. It's not as if somebody made all this stuff up and people just started conforming to it. People have been exhibiting these behaviors the whole time, but only fairly recently have we started observing and analyzing them.

RE: body language - vonunov - 07-09-2014 03:27 AM

I don't understand why those posts were split. It's not as if they were off-topic or anything. They were all about body language (or what people think of body language), so, I dunno, maybe they belong in the body language thread? I'm not getting how this all works.