School Survival Forums
Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Youth Rights (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) (/showthread.php?tid=33665)

Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - xcriteria - 07-05-2014 12:58 AM

Justin Schwamm pointed me to a FB post from Jason Price about this new organization/site:

Arizona School-Averse Student Association

AZSASA’s mission is to empower school-averse students to take back control of their education.

To do this, we:

Spread awareness of non-school education alternatives,
Provide assistance with deschooling,
Connect school-averse students to a variety of resources,
Maintain a supportive community of school-averse individuals, and
Campaign against social and legal obstructions to educational self-determination.

http://www.azsasa.org/

What do you all think? Anyone here from Arizona?

I wonder how this idea might be expanded upon... and how we might collaborate with them.

Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - James Comey - 07-05-2014 09:09 AM

OH GOD. Out of all the states, motherfuckin' Arizona is the most progressive one apparently when it comes to changing education.

I'd say it's definitely worth collaborating with them.

Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - xcriteria - 07-05-2014 10:34 AM

I think it's just a couple of people with an idea so far, rather than the state itself necessarily being more progressive.

But, they're certainly motivated and ambitious. Check your G+ notifications for a related conversation. Smile

RE: Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - stevehein - 07-06-2014 06:48 AM

thanks for this info xc - and thanks for leaving me a note the other day. im feeling better but still pretty down.

Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - KFC Nyan Cat - 07-06-2014 06:53 AM

I think it's a good idea to do this state-by-state, because frankly, if anyone went after the whole country, there would be a longer shock period.

RE: Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - Zo - 07-09-2014 05:01 AM

Goodbye. I'm moving to Arizona.

Or, on a more practical front, considering how this could be organized in my own home state.

Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - brainiac3397 - 07-09-2014 07:00 AM

If only Arizona was arctic...

RE: Arizona School-Averse Student Association (AZSASA) - Superkamiguru - 01-15-2017 04:07 AM

(07-09-2014 05:01 AM)Zo Wrote:  Goodbye. I'm moving to Arizona.

Or, on a more practical front, considering how this could be organized in my own home state.

Which is?