School Survival Forums
I just realized this.... - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: I just realized this.... (/showthread.php?tid=33294)

I just realized this.... - Rule_BreakerXVIII - 06-09-2014 03:39 AM

Me and family were out for a walk today, when we saw a cat. A boy about ten or so was harassing it..I was about to walk over and give him a piece of my mind, when a teacher from a nearby school grabbed him by the ear and dragged him away.

The thought that struck me was this, if these people (teachers/jailers) were not present, what was stopping the anti-life bastards, bullies, future murderers or rapists who were protected by their age (18 or less) and basically set loose on the world by their parents, from doing all the shit destruction they want?? I know many (if not all) people on this site have have horrible, abusive teachers and/or equally bad experiences in school...but ever thought that the institutions were in place to police all these shitheads? I think they're spending too much time worrying about stupid things like attendance when the sort of people I mentioned above are the ones that need attention. Minimizing the influence of these...fuckers is something society has failed to do again and again.

Basically, if I (or brainiac Scratchchin) were to run a school or an empire, I think we'd both make sure that these fuckers were unable to cause any damage, one way or another. As it is right now, too many of them find respectable jobs, some that include taking care of people, and the fucked up world today is the result.

I just realized this.... - brainiac3397 - 06-09-2014 12:14 PM

I hear kids who torture animals are likely to become psychopathic murderers.

Following that outcome, I'd train such kids into my elite guard...soulless obedient killers. Mwahaha

It's possible this issue extends beyond school and into parenting. Failure at parenting simply creates awful offspring. Then it reaches a secondary "barrier"(aka school). If this fails(and it usually does because despite how those in the institution behave, parenting is NOT THEIR PRIMARY OBLIGATION).

Despite the short-term effectiveness of punishment, rehabilitation and the act of making the wrong-doer understand the extent of his wrong-doing(and thus be self-motivated to self-control themselves) are far more effective in the long-run.

I just realized this.... - Ky - 06-10-2014 04:47 AM

Schools punish 95% of children/adolescents for the 5% they can't completely reel in.

The reason we shouldn't destroy the public school system in one fell swoop is because there is nowhere else for the 5% most difficult youth to go! Current alternatives don't work on teen vandals or sociopathic kids; there has to be somewhere they can go in order to keep them out of prison in the future.

I just realized this.... - Rule_BreakerXVIII - 06-13-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:The reason we shouldn't destroy the public school system in one fell swoop is because there is nowhere else for the 5% most difficult youth to go! Current alternatives don't work on teen vandals or sociopathic kids; there has to be somewhere they can go in order to keep them out of prison in the future.

I'm not saying sociopathy or psychopathy are bad (heck, I'm a psychopath and I haven't killed anyone) but those 5% kids should be counselled or attend therapy before anyone condemns them. There are people with destructive streaks which are pretty much inbuilt...these are the types I'm worried about-the types which can't help themselves. But we'd need a competent government and a competent batch of counselors, therapists, and psychiatrists/psychologists to identify and help these people.

Quote:Schools punish 95% of children/adolescents for the 5% they can't completely reel in.
Those 5% don't care about the rules.

I just realized this.... - Ky - 06-14-2014 01:27 AM

Government? Are you kidding?

These are specialized individuals, and it will take specialized care to help them. This looks like a job...for the private sector!

[Image: Artist-Bosch-Fawstin-Capitalism-by-Cody-Ross.jpg]