School Survival Forums
About the downtime - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Site & Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: About the downtime (/showthread.php?tid=33007)

About the downtime - SoulRiser - 05-17-2014 11:43 PM

My host changed the IP without giving me any advance warning. So I had to email them to have them tell me what to change it to. Stabhead

So anyway, it's up again now, but I'm pissed off at their incompetence, so I will be moving to another host sometime.

About the downtime - Ky - 05-17-2014 11:55 PM

I'm glad you could get it sorted out, and share your disappointment in our current host. Good luck finding a more reasonable one.

About the downtime - SoulRiser - 05-18-2014 12:17 AM

I already know where I'm gonna be moving to. I'm done with shared hosting - gonna move all my sites to a $50 VPS @ WiredTree.com. I already have a $100 hybrid VPS there for hosting Hardware Compare, and it's by far the most reliable service I've ever had. If there's even a 1% chance that there might be some downtime in the future, I get an email about it. There usually isn't any downtime. I like it when everything just works. They even installed some custom stuff for me.

As an extra bonus, we'll be able to handle a lot more users at once.

Just need to figure out if they can set up the DNS the way I want it, or if I have to use something else for that.

RE: About the downtime - Zo - 05-18-2014 12:48 AM

That's good. I came on here last night and was scared that this was the end of School Survival. Hopefully your new host will be better than this.

About the downtime - KFC Nyan Cat - 05-18-2014 01:45 AM

I thought SS was DEAD!

About the downtime - Chanku - 05-18-2014 04:16 AM

Serriously that's horrible hosting practices, if the IP is changing then EMAIL THE USER ABOUT IT.

About the downtime - GamerGurl - 05-18-2014 05:57 AM

This was scary. There's been at least a downtime almost every year, looking at the "possibly related threads" window below this thread. I thought SS was gone. :(

About the downtime - SoulRiser - 05-18-2014 07:18 AM

Oh wow. More epic nostalgia down there.

About the downtime - Gwedin - 05-18-2014 09:27 AM

I nearly died from lack of SS.

About the downtime - brainiac3397 - 05-18-2014 09:32 AM

I thought my epic-ness shred the very fabric of this site.