School Survival Forums
... - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: ... (/showthread.php?tid=32579)

... - Illuzion - 04-11-2014 01:25 PM

Make a Joke About a Teacher, Threatened to be Suspended - tootsie_turtle - 04-11-2014 01:33 PM

What. The. Fuck. I'm sure many kids have said WAYYY worse things about teachers and they got away with it just fine. It's stupid that after praising the teacher, and volunteering, the principal just HAAAAAAAAAD to step in and prove his point. Sounds like a funny teacher though. Biggrin
I fucking HATE my vice principal. He yells at kids for no reason.

Make a Joke About a Teacher, Threatened to be Suspended - James Comey - 04-11-2014 01:34 PM

I see you were a victim of zero tolerance. An extremely BULLSHIT policy practiced by many schools.

... - Illuzion - 04-11-2014 01:34 PM

RE: Make a Joke About a Teacher, Threatened to be Suspended - brainiac3397 - 04-11-2014 01:55 PM

Adults are interesting species...

Make a Joke About a Teacher, Threatened to be Suspended - James Comey - 04-11-2014 02:28 PM

Aren't they from Pluto or something like that?

... - Illuzion - 04-11-2014 03:13 PM

Make a Joke About a Teacher, Threatened to be Suspended - timf - 04-12-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:She also makes a comment about how she could suspend me.

There is a world where anything you say can be criticized and you can loose an employment position you worked your whole life to obtain. People who walk this tightrope are on a hair trigger to avoid being accused of whatever verbal "crime" is in fashion at the moment. These people cannot afford to have a sense of humor.

Her comment towards you was not so much about you, but about her fear that she might be found guilty of allowing some, even peripherally, word or concept to be expressed that could threaten her job.

This is why on TV shows like "The Voice" everyone seems so excessively pleasant. They know if they were to ever express disappointment or even sadness, they might never be allowed to work in the field again. Politicians, teachers, actors, and anyone who can be a source of any public attention have to live in this fishbowl of scrutiny.

It could be worse, you might have to live in her world.

... - Illuzion - 04-12-2014 12:33 PM