School Survival Forums
Help with lucid dreaming - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Support & Psychology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Our Ever-Shifting Imaginations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Help with lucid dreaming (/showthread.php?tid=31940)

Help with lucid dreaming - rockstarjim22 - 03-11-2014 03:15 AM

I've been trying to lucid dream lately using the WILD method and and i've only reached partial sleep paralysis. I lie on my back, ignore all itches and scratches. lie totally still, etc etc. I also take Melatonin Ultra about 30 minutes before i try lucid dreaming. It contains L-theanine, GABA, Vitamin B6, Chamomile, and Valerian extract. What should i do to reach total sleep paralysis?

RE: Help with lucid dreaming - Subb - 03-11-2014 03:56 AM

Do you do it before you go to bed, or after you wake in the middle of the night?

Either way, you don't. DILD is much easier for a beginner. Plus, the hallucinations that come with SP can be traumatizing.

Help with lucid dreaming - rockstarjim22 - 03-11-2014 05:56 AM

Do it before i go to bed. And i've heard about the hallucinations that come with sleep paralysis. I've seen some pretty horrible things in my life, so i can handle them. And you can control the hallucinations, im sure.

RE: Help with lucid dreaming - Cianna200 - 03-11-2014 06:16 AM

Have you tried the WBTB technique? You must set an alarm clock to wake you up in 5 hours. After you wake up, stay up for 20 to 30 minutes with the thought of lucid dreaming. Use mantras like ''I will lucid dream.''. ''The next dream I have will be a lucid dream,'' ''I will be aware that I am dreaming in my next dream.'' Also eat/drink: milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, fruit juice, these increase your chances of lucid dreaming. Read about lucid dreaming too, all this should take up 30 minutes, return to sleep and think your lucid dream mantra, and you will have a 86 % chance of lucid dreaming. Always worked for me.

Help with lucid dreaming - rockstarjim22 - 03-11-2014 06:20 AM

I also preform reality checks every day (checking to see if i have 10 fingers in total). Thanks Cianna!

RE: Help with lucid dreaming - Subb - 03-11-2014 06:22 AM

I like the noseplug one.

A good youtube channel for lucid dreaming is GizEdwards.