School Survival Forums
Why do people think Guardians of Ga'Hoole is a children's series? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Movies/TV/Videos/Books (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Why do people think Guardians of Ga'Hoole is a children's series? (/showthread.php?tid=31627)

Why do people think Guardians of Ga'Hoole is a children's series? - Missile - 02-21-2014 09:38 AM

Guardians of Ga'Hoole is pretty much my all-time favorite book series, yes it's a talking animals (with owls being the main characters) book series and the movie version was animated (but it's directed by the same guy who directed 300 and Watchman.) But violence is pretty common though out the series and it can get pretty graphic sometimes, a lot of the owls get killed by decapitoation, dismemberment, impaling, and being burned alive. The first book alone had (The Capture) had attempted fracticde, child enslavement, cannibalism, and the older brother of the main Character (Soren) kills his parents.

Here's a part from the last book: ""No!", Soren screeched and with the ancient battle claws of {censored for spoilers}. Raked off the head of{censored for same reason} the head spun in one direction and the body in another." (One of the more milder deaths but not really something you would put in a "children" book.)

RE: Why do people think Guardians of Ga'Hoole is a children's series? - no - 02-21-2014 09:40 PM

Their reasoning is probably as follows:
>We read it as children
>ergo it's a "children's book"

I thoroughly enjoyed Guardians of Ga'Hoole when I was 12 and I never saw any problem with that.