School Survival Forums
Attention Ancient Ones - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Attention Ancient Ones (/showthread.php?tid=31288)

Attention Ancient Ones - Jesusaurisrex - 01-23-2014 03:45 PM

Or Mayhaps just Soul Riser, I don't really know who is on this board anymore and I'm probably making a journey the "other board" as well

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've spent most of my adult life now pursuing a political career. Since I spent way too much of my teen life on this board venting about my weird as fuck life (looking back, so much of what I put here was bullshit and/or delusional), I wanted to know how old members feel about this. My life has been incredibly dramatic as of late and I've kind of just been burying it deep inside and consuming myself with work. I'm pretty sure I've hit full blown depression at this point, then put on a shit eating grin and work my ass off all day. I love my work and feel like I'm taking every step I can to "save the world", but more and more I feel like everyone hates me for it. Maybe that's just the price of working in politics. But every day I'm feeling more and more sociopathic, I know that's not how I am, but that's how it feels sometimes.

I guess I'm just looking for opinions, being real I'm not going to leave my work but I've sure as hell alienated myself from the people who care most about me.

Be honest with me, if you've seen all the crazy shit I've put on the board do you find my work uncomfortable or maybe hopeful? Is working my way up to a point where I can genuinely help people at the expense of my friends and people who care most about me worth it? I feel like making an impact on the world is all I have left, but the last thing I want to be is someone important who fucked his personal life to get there, or worse, become someone who seeks power at any expense. I love what I do and have real faith in it. However I feel like it's unhealthy for someone my age in my current mental state to be pursuing it so relentlessly... but then if I stop I've just lost years of work and momentum.

RE: Attention Ancient Ones - Jesusaurisrex - 01-23-2014 03:57 PM

Oh dear, quick gander around the board and it appears I've stepped into very hostile territory in regard to politics

RE: Attention Ancient Ones - brainiac3397 - 01-23-2014 04:27 PM

Want to summarize it or will I have to dig through your posts like a gopher hopped up on coca-cola?

We're not very hostile...I think. I speak for myself when I say I dont bite(I do chew but that's another story).

Attention Ancient Ones - SoulRiser - 01-24-2014 04:36 AM

What's dramatic, and how did this all start? Is it your work specifically that's alienated you from people you care about? Do they disagree with what you're doing, or are you just too busy to keep in touch?