School Survival Forums
Hello forum, I'm new! - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hello forum, I'm new! (/showthread.php?tid=30337)

Hello forum, I'm new! - Marzo - 12-25-2013 11:36 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Marzo. Currently, I'm in grade 12 of high school and I am graduating this year. Throughout my time at school I've become increasingly critical of some of the fundamental structures of our education system. Paralleling that, I've become gradually more political.

Currently, I help run an alternative student newspaper (alternative as in, alternative from the official student newspaper at our school) where I and a few others write about political issues and issues that concern youth. The purpose of our newspaper is to raise awareness amongst the student body, create a culture of critical attitudes at our school, and to hopefully inspire action.

And, for some other things about me: I am an anarchist, more specifically an anarcho-communist with very strong green anarchist tendencies. Currently, I'm studying post-civilization theory and I find the ideas very attractive. I listen to a lot of music, which mostly consists of a lot of punk and industrial.

I joined this forum in hope of sharing some of my experiences at school and to learn more. I hope I enjoy my time here!

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - chained to desk - 12-25-2013 11:44 AM

Welcome to the forum!Smile Don't worry, we're the awesome kind of crazy.

Hello forum, I'm new! - (´・ω・`) - 12-25-2013 11:45 AM

Hello there, Marzo.

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - Marzo - 12-25-2013 11:47 AM

(12-25-2013 11:44 AM)chained to desk Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!Smile Don't worry, we're the awesome kind of crazy.

Thank you!

Hello forum, I'm new! - James Comey - 12-25-2013 11:53 AM

Welcome Marzo!

You're running an underground newspaper! That's awesome! Plus, you're also writing about taboo subjects as well!

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - Marzo - 12-25-2013 12:04 PM

(12-25-2013 11:53 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Welcome Marzo!

You're running an underground newspaper! That's awesome! Plus, you're also writing about taboo subjects as well!

Indeed, thank you!

We only have two writers, and both of us are quite the procrastinators, so things have been going slow. We aim for 3-4 articles per issue. Slowly but surely.

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - brainiac3397 - 12-25-2013 12:45 PM

(12-25-2013 11:36 AM)Marzo Wrote:  Hi everyone, my name is Marzo. Currently, I'm in grade 12 of high school and I am graduating this year. Throughout my time at school I've become increasingly critical of some of the fundamental structures of our education system. Paralleling that, I've become gradually more political.

Currently, I help run an alternative student newspaper (alternative as in, alternative from the official student newspaper at our school) where I and a few others write about political issues and issues that concern youth. The purpose of our newspaper is to raise awareness amongst the student body, create a culture of critical attitudes at our school, and to hopefully inspire action.

And, for some other things about me: I am an anarchist, more specifically an anarcho-communist with very strong green anarchist tendencies. Currently, I'm studying post-civilization theory and I find the ideas very attractive. I listen to a lot of music, which mostly consists of a lot of punk and industrial.

I joined this forum in hope of sharing some of my experiences at school and to learn more. I hope I enjoy my time here!

Doth my avatar ringth a bell..eth?

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - Marzo - 12-25-2013 01:23 PM

(12-25-2013 12:45 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  
(12-25-2013 11:36 AM)Marzo Wrote:  Hi everyone, my name is Marzo. Currently, I'm in grade 12 of high school and I am graduating this year. Throughout my time at school I've become increasingly critical of some of the fundamental structures of our education system. Paralleling that, I've become gradually more political.

Doth my avatar ringth a bell..eth?

Loudly. Do you recognize mine?

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - brainiac3397 - 12-25-2013 03:18 PM

I cant. The avatar is so goddamn small on my phone. Its like a little tiny colored box.

Plus I could cheat on by using google and searching the image Biggrin
Ill take a good look in the morning from.my PC(right before I start playing XCOM enemy unknown).

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - chained to desk - 12-26-2013 01:12 AM

(12-25-2013 03:18 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  (right before I start playing XCOM enemy unknown).
Prepare to miss 99%chance shots at point blank range XD

Hello forum, I'm new! - Ky - 12-26-2013 02:24 AM

Welcome to School Survival. I'm DoA, site's mandatory voice of reason, voice of psychology, and voice of cheese.

RE: Hello forum, I'm new! - brainiac3397 - 12-26-2013 03:37 AM

(12-26-2013 01:12 AM)chained to desk Wrote:  
(12-25-2013 03:18 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  (right before I start playing XCOM enemy unknown).
Prepare to miss 99%chance shots at point blank range XD

Dont worry. I play this turn-based hardcore military strategy(hardcore because the level of detail is insane.) and sometimes Id get a 99% to hit the enemy's tank...and my unit would miss...twice. What are the odds you miss a 99% hit twice?!

Hello forum, I'm new! - Trar - 12-26-2013 01:17 PM

^ You ever play Civ and get your stealth bomber taken out by musketeers?

Awesome to see you're contributing here and with your newspaper, Marzo. I am now sorely convinced that this forum is seeing a renaissance, what with all this new blood.