School Survival Forums
"School is a happy community" - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: "School is a happy community" (/showthread.php?tid=30298)

"School is a happy community" - James Comey - 12-24-2013 11:34 AM

I know we've had threads about this before, but I might as well start another one. Does anyone else get fucking sick of it when the school tries to say that the school is like "a loving, diverse community" when reality is much different?

There are a lot of cliques in my school. I can't say a lot of them get along well, and I can't say I'm great friends with them, either. Oh, and middle school was a nightmare that wouldn't end for me. I was tormented in that place for nearly every fucking day of my life. I was tormented so bad I considered suicide at times. The people there are relentless when it comes to picking on you. It was horrible, and I can only imagine what many are going through now. I wish I could help them.

Sorry, I'm just tired of all the murals that are painted, all the slogans and shit like that. School is one of the worse environments you can put a person through. Not only are there various cliques, but there are also some teachers that can experience power-trips. There are security guards and even police at the schools these days. There is so much "bad stuff" going on in school that there's no way in hell that I can think of school as a "happy, loving, community". It's the exact opposite of that. The PSAs all tell us to "stay in school" even if we may feel uncomfortable or unsafe in school, and it may be worse than at home.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of the way. School is most certainly not a loving environment. It's the exact opposite of that.

"School is a happy community" - 154bmag - 12-24-2013 03:59 PM

I've never heard of a happy prison

"School is a happy community" - brainiac3397 - 12-24-2013 04:05 PM

You obviously haven't been to Norway. Biggrin

"School is a happy community" - James Comey - 12-24-2013 04:06 PM

I'd actually love to go to Norway, even with there being some seemingly sociopathic people up there, it looks awesome. Oh, and Scandinavian chicks.

RE: "School is a happy community" - brainiac3397 - 12-24-2013 04:29 PM

Reminds me. I need to visit Sweden to sample the local flavor. Naughty me... Wink

RE: "School is a happy community" - the Analogist - 06-03-2017 12:45 PM

i heard of vietnamese prison camps working like this. they make you write an essay about the war and they pick some dude to reward. after enough conditioning some of them become full-on traitors.

"School is a happy community" - HawkbitAlpha - 06-03-2017 09:36 PM

Diverse? Often times. Loving? Hit or miss, but usually, no.

RE: "School is a happy community" - the Analogist - 06-04-2017 11:08 AM

the happy community im from saw one of our students after becoming a fireman go to prison for diddling kids

RE: "School is a happy community" - Sunflower - 06-21-2017 09:32 AM

(12-24-2013 11:34 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  I know we've had threads about this before, but I might as well start another one. Does anyone else get fucking sick of it when the school tries to say that the school is like "a loving, diverse community" when reality is much different?

There are a lot of cliques in my school. I can't say a lot of them get along well, and I can't say I'm great friends with them, either. Oh, and middle school was a nightmare that wouldn't end for me. I was tormented in that place for nearly every fucking day of my life. I was tormented so bad I considered suicide at times. The people there are relentless when it comes to picking on you. It was horrible, and I can only imagine what many are going through now. I wish I could help them.

Sorry, I'm just tired of all the murals that are painted, all the slogans and shit like that. School is one of the worse environments you can put a person through. Not only are there various cliques, but there are also some teachers that can experience power-trips. There are security guards and even police at the schools these days. There is so much "bad stuff" going on in school that there's no way in hell that I can think of school as a "happy, loving, community". It's the exact opposite of that. The PSAs all tell us to "stay in school" even if we may feel uncomfortable or unsafe in school, and it may be worse than at home.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of the way. School is most certainly not a loving environment. It's the exact opposite of that.
my home highschools mission and vision statements are complete lies. They said they have a mindset to allow students to explore there passions and intrests and are actually said their preparing there students to communicate effectivel and a whole lot of bullshit. People in that school get like 4 hours of sleep how will they have time to discover there passions when schools crush your passions out of you with boring lextures and stuff. Schools are great at bragging about how great they are but don't give a shit about the students.