School Survival Forums
What animes should I watch? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Movies/TV/Videos/Books (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: What animes should I watch? (/showthread.php?tid=30292)

Pages: 1 2

What animes should I watch? - Gwedin - 12-20-2013 09:50 PM

Aside from Death Note and Avatar the Last Airbender (if you could even call that an anime) I've never watched any mainly because I haven't seen the appeal (I watched Death Note because L. looked cool as shit). I'm looking for something that isn't ridiculously long (mind-numbing brainfuck). So maybe a bit longer than Avatar.

A friend wanted me to watch Bleach a while back but apparently that has a lot of episodes so IDK. And yes, I'd rather take the time to post here and wait for replies than search the Internet. That being said, there's also the chance that none of you actually watch anime.

What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 12-21-2013 01:24 AM

I watched Avatar and liked it. But anime has never exactly been my cup of tea.

I do recall watching...what the hell was it called?
Sailor Moon, there ya go. I barely remember it but I'm pretty sure I used to watch it on TV. Also watched Gundam.

What animes should I watch? - Gwedin - 12-21-2013 09:18 AM

I'll check 'em out.

RE: What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 12-21-2013 09:33 AM

I recently watched Pacific Rim, and that has rekindled my interest in mecha(not that it ever left). That being the case Im feeling a pull towards mecha anime(since mecha is technically a japanese thing).

Ive heard people talk about something called Fullmetal alchemist but Ive never watched it.

RE: What animes should I watch? - LadyKira - 12-21-2013 12:14 PM

Here's a list:

Another
genre:Horror, Mystery
Sypnosis(from myanimelist):
26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, she was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to the class, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
genre: magical girl, drama, thriller
summary(myanimelist): She has a loving family and best friends, laughs and cries from time to time... Madoka Kaname, an eighth grader of Mitakihara middle school, is one of those who lives such a life. One day, she had a very magical encounter. She doesn't know if it happened by chance or by fate yet. This is a fateful encounter that can change her destiny—this is a beginning of the new story of the magical witch girls.

Angel Beats
genre:action, comedy, drama
summary(myanimelist):Otonashi awakens only to learn he is dead. A rifle-toting girl named Yuri explains that they are in the afterlife, and Otonashi realizes the only thing he can remember about himself is his name. Yuri tells him that she leads the Shinda Sekai Sensen (Afterlife Battlefront) and wages war against a girl named Tenshi(Angel in the english dub). Unable to believe Yuri's claims that Tenshi is evil, Otonashi attempts to speak with her, but
the encounter doesn't go as he intended Otonashi decides to join the SSS and battle Tenshi, but he finds himself oddly drawn to her. While trying to regain his memories and understand Tenshi, he gradually unravels the mysteries of the afterlife.

I'll post more later.

What animes should I watch? - Gwedin - 12-21-2013 12:34 PM

Such wow. Oh detail.

That horror one sounds sweet. Cheers. Smile

RE: What animes should I watch? - no - 12-23-2013 01:51 PM

Or, don't watch anime.

Don't get me wrong, I don't DISlike it. I just don't like it either.

What I really DO dislike are the horrible fans like you find all over my school. Any conversation with them devolves into "Anime?" "Anime." "Anime!" "Anime;" "Anime}" "Anime∞" And if you tell them you don't watch anime they will say "I hate you" or "You're the most boring person in the world." But other than that, even if you say something way out there like "I fuck goats" they will say "Well, we all have our preferences."

But hey, I don't watch anime, so my IQ must be -700 or something and therefore I can't possibly understand.

RE: What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 12-23-2013 03:15 PM

Generally Im not a fan of anime. However there have been some exceptions I enjoyee. Sort of like how I view rap music:Dont like it but there are a few specific songs I like.

RE: What animes should I watch? - Subb - 12-23-2013 03:51 PM

Anyone mention Soul Eater yet? That's okay, and pretty short. (4 seasons)

What animes should I watch? - Duelix3 - 12-28-2013 05:02 PM

Hentai. Another Lady Innocent. Love is the Number of Keys

What animes should I watch? - Gwedin - 12-28-2013 07:34 PM

(12-23-2013 01:51 PM)planetfall666 Wrote:  Or, don't watch anime.

What I really DO dislike are the horrible fans like you find all over my school. Any conversation with them devolves into "Anime?" "Anime." "Anime!" "Anime;" "Anime}" "Anime∞" And if you tell them you don't watch anime they will say "I hate you" or "You're the most boring person in the world." But other than that, even if you say something way out there like "I fuck goats" they will say "Well, we all have our preferences."

But hey, I don't watch anime, so my IQ must be -700 or something and therefore I can't possibly understand.

Yeah, I agree. It's the same here. And it's generally stupid people who like it (not saying that everyone who likes it is stupid -- that's certainly not the case).

My "friends" (I can't stand to be around them in reality) are huge anime dorks. A while ago they were told by someone (a popular kid) that anime was stupid. They proceeded into saying something like "well at least we aren't watching the stuff that everybody else does! We're aren't sheep like the rest of you." or something along those lines. Anyway this really irked me considering how many actually people watch anime.

But I'm eager to give it a try because there must be something that makes so many people watch it.

(12-28-2013 05:02 PM)Duelix3 Wrote:  Hentai. Another Lady Innocent. Love is the Number of Keys

Eh. Never liked Hentai. Cartoon characters tend to only arouse me if they're well-dressed and probably look hot underneath. Leaves so much more to the imagination. Smile

What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 12-29-2013 06:36 AM

The argument of not watching what everybody else does makes absolutely no sense, considering the fact so many people watch both anime and "what everybody else" watches.

Plus I think it'd be safe to consider that a lot of Japan watches anime, seeing that it's mostly Japanese-created?

RE: What animes should I watch? - Unknown-Creation - 12-30-2013 11:38 PM

From what I heard from friends, and from what little I've seen of it, you could look into Black Butler.

What animes should I watch? - Desu - 01-12-2014 10:06 AM

Just go on http://www.myanimelist.net and search the highest rated anime. There you go.

RE: What animes should I watch? - Desu - 01-12-2014 10:09 AM

(12-23-2013 01:51 PM)planetfall666 Wrote:  Or, don't watch anime.

It's cool man. I've been watching anime since I was like 6. I started out watching Sailor Moon and Pokemon on TV. shit was cash

Unfortunately I turned into a shitty fan boy at one point, an annoying one.

I love Japanese pop culture more than ever, but I mostly keep it to myself now.

And no, if you hate anime that's fine. Then again, there's a show about FUCKING ANYTHING, so there's gotta be at least 1 show out there that you will enjoy.

RE: What animes should I watch? - Desu - 01-12-2014 10:11 AM

(12-28-2013 05:02 PM)Duelix3 Wrote:  Hentai. Another Lady Innocent. Love is the Number of Keys

tsun tsun meido wa ero ero desu

koi ito kinenbi the animation

dorei usagi to anthony <<< hottest thing I've ever seen 10/10

RE: What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 01-12-2014 05:08 PM

I guess I preder "Western" anime. Basically means American. I do enjoy SW:The Clone Wars serie. For some reason, I find Star Wars to be really in place as a anime(or cartoon. Whatever you call it).

What animes should I watch? - Gwedin - 01-12-2014 05:12 PM

SW: The Clone Wars is sweet. I'm watching it at the moment. I watched a couple of these animes listed but never really got into them so, nah screw it. Not gonna bother getting into anime again.

RE: What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 01-12-2014 05:15 PM

I wish Netflix had it. Ill never really like the time I spend to open the next episode every 20 mins. Especially on the PS3 browser.

What animes should I watch? - Blanket - 01-15-2014 08:45 AM

If you prefer western animation, there's a lot of good anime that captures some feel that animators in the US have.
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Baccano!!, Ghost in the Shell and Darker than Black are really good anime that have a pretty good soundtrack and most of them have plot elements you'd see in detective shows and mafia shows, only with more room to work with since it's animated, for example.

What animes should I watch? - SoulRiser - 01-15-2014 11:07 AM

Attack on Titan is good. Also Trigun. And Naruto & Samurai Champloo.

What animes should I watch? - Ky - 01-15-2014 11:10 AM

Never really been particularly interested in anything but shonen anime. Can't go wrong with generic stuff like Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z.

What animes should I watch? - Falsalm - 01-15-2014 12:30 PM

The only Anime I watched as a kid was Fullmetal Alchemist, it has a really good story

What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 01-15-2014 01:59 PM

I think I watched Gundam once upon a time.

What animes should I watch? - brainiac3397 - 02-19-2014 02:41 AM

Which garbage?

What animes should I watch? - thewake - 02-19-2014 02:44 AM

Voltron and Speed Racer.

What animes should I watch? - Alistoriv - 02-19-2014 05:52 AM

Hamatora is good but very new so I'd suggest getting subs from nyaa.se

What animes should I watch? - fish20 - 02-19-2014 10:10 AM

If you want a classic anime about Samurai, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X is really good. Just a tip, its MUCH better in Japanese especially because the characters are all Japanese. This is coming from someone who always watches dubs for anime, this is the only one I watch subbed.

What animes should I watch? - fucking done - 02-19-2014 10:19 AM

watch puella magi madoka magica its my favorite

RE: What animes should I watch? - gore goroth - 02-19-2014 10:32 AM

Berzerk. It actually has a decent plotline and isn't cheesy as fuck.

It was never finished though.