School Survival Forums
Frugality - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Frugality (/showthread.php?tid=30244)

Frugality - James Comey - 12-12-2013 02:37 PM

"Waste not, want not"

Considering that during the first years of my life I'm probably not going to make a lot of money to start off, I think it's quite important to stay frugal. Frugality is basically the idea of using as little as possible and only the absolute necessary. I wonder why some people can't master frugality (probably those with more money to spend).

I'm not saying that you should go absolutely cheap, but don't go overboard on spending either. I think a good thing to do is to make a list on things you want to buy, and also analyzing what you buy. "Will this be useful later in my life?" is a good question to ask. Another good way to stay frugal in my opinion is to analyze the prices of things and try to make "groups" and make priorities on what should come first.

Simply just ideas I've thought of. I'm probably going to be a frugal person when I move out eventually.

Frugality - brainiac3397 - 12-12-2013 03:06 PM

My dad is a bit frugal, perhaps a bit TOO frugal. There does come a point where quality justifies value...

I don't like to call frugality however. I've found the term "bootstrapping" more favorable in the way it sounds.