School Survival Forums
Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Alternative Learning & Income (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... (/showthread.php?tid=29922)

Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... - James Comey - 10-23-2013 01:48 PM

If you're a teen without a job: start saving all those pennies in a jar (and all your other coins). Keep saving them until you're 18. Keep saving as many coins that you find.

In the end, once you move out, go to a Coinstar, or open up a bank account if you don't want to pay a fee. Boom. You should have, at worst, at least some spare income. Keep as much change as you can, and save it. Find as many lying coins on the ground and the couch as you can.

RE: Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... - brainiac3397 - 10-23-2013 01:56 PM

We got a bunch of coins at home we have yet to change into cash. My motger wants to fill the whole thing before we go. The box thing holding the coins now ways a good hefty 50Ibs and its about 3/4 full...

RE: Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... - xcriteria - 10-24-2013 05:09 AM

If you live in a place with bottle deposits, you can go around collecting bottles and cans and get even more change.

How Much Can You Make Collecting Cans and Bottles?

RE: Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... - brainiac3397 - 10-24-2013 07:26 AM

Used to do it when I was a kid and we lived in NYC. Made a good few bucks every week or so. Spent it on candy and comics...

RE: Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... - James Comey - 10-24-2013 09:00 AM

(10-24-2013 05:09 AM)xcriteria Wrote:  If you live in a place with bottle deposits, you can go around collecting bottles and cans and get even more change.

How Much Can You Make Collecting Cans and Bottles?

My mother does this quite a lot. This is some very easy cash.

Not sure if this is too useful, but may as well post... - brainiac3397 - 10-24-2013 02:15 PM

I remember seeing a hobo every week moving a cart packed with bags full of cans. I'd always try to leave before him so I could grab any cans on the way to the store before he did.