School Survival Forums
Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. (/showthread.php?tid=29637)

Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - nrgyzerbenny - 09-07-2013 03:41 PM

Ok, so last year i was still a brainwashed goody two shoes and was only beginning to realize how bad school is, and i got on the honor roll. Which for me is a label of brainwashed ageist. What are your thoughts on the matter?

RE: Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - Miab419 - 09-07-2013 04:21 PM

I suppose it isn't all bad: it looks better on your transcript which could help if you stay in school.

Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - nrgyzerbenny - 09-07-2013 04:33 PM

But me being an average student sounds better in my mind. (ps im 11 i dont have a transcript and this year im being homeschooled anyway.)

Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - no - 09-07-2013 11:21 PM

Yes, I only got into the anti-school beliefs halfway through the first year of high school, now I have years of honor rolls to live down. Everyone in my family and most people in my school think I'm this pro-"education" "star" (read: sheep). How I envy you... to have known when my position was less solidified...

Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - Physics - 09-08-2013 12:51 AM

Don't worry about it. If you are going to be homeschooled, then it doesn't matter.

Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - Lime - 09-08-2013 02:03 AM

It doesn't really matter if you get on the honor roll or not. Don't worry about it.

Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - brainiac3397 - 09-08-2013 06:10 AM

I always had anti-school beliefs, all the way back when everyone thought it was just something everyone my age said(I'd say since I was 8?). Unlike everyone else however, I was pretty sure I really hated school and not just some phase. I guess it proved true since I'm now here Biggrin

If you get an honor roll, and tried hard for it, you've been brainwashed with grades(or are just doing it manipulator style like I did). If you get it but just did as you do, you're just too smart for school(happened to me, obviously led to a lack of motivation over time, reason why my grades over the years look like the line graph of the American economy during the Great Depression).

If you're being homeschooled, it won't really matter. Since you're 11, you probably aren't in high school either. Bad news there, because any achievement before high school in the US is usually neglected by most colleges or taken like a grain of salt.

Shit, i got on the Honor Roll last year. - Ky - 09-08-2013 07:04 AM

Well, at least you're not brainwashed now. And hey. Being on the honor roll means people see you as intelligent and hardworking...regardless of whether or not that's true, that can be a boon.