School Survival Forums
Is Obama just the U.S. image? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Is Obama just the U.S. image? (/showthread.php?tid=29001)

Is Obama just the U.S. image? - ..V.. - 05-09-2013 03:20 PM

Congress has all of the power. Obama couldn't send the troops anywhere without Congress's consent. Obama couldn't make any laws without Congress approving them. Congress couldn't make any law without him approving it either. Obama really doesn't have any direct power.
Obama is just the spokesperson for the U.S.
Much like how the queen is for England.
If the country was really a democratic country, wouldn't every citizen have voice in every aspect?
Like sending our troops out?
The laws?
The taxes?
"Education"?
There are multiple people that make the schooling board. There are multiple people that make Congress.
This means only a few people make rules in this country.
That is not democracy.
What do you think about this?

Is Obama just the U.S. image? - brainiac3397 - 05-10-2013 05:58 AM

Wrong. The US president has the ability to deploy troops for a certain period of time(30 or 60 days) without getting permission from Congress.

Obama is the "Chief Executive", hence his priority is to enforce laws, not make them.

Congress can make any law without his approval through "vetoing" his "veto" and bypassing his decision through a 2/3 approval by Congress.

I don't know how many Americans really see this, but Obama has a lot of power when compared to the leaders of other democratic nations. I fully understood this when I left the US. The US president has such power, that no one in government would dare to insult him(a senator who called him a liar apologized, a general that said something wrong resigned). Thus Obama holds a great deal of power over the nation.

However the US has a system of checks and balances to prevent an unbalance in power.

And what you advocate is a direct democracy, which doesn't work when you have a population of 385 million or so.

FYI:The USA isn't a democracy but a constitutional republic that balances the power that both government and the people have, via a constitution.