School Survival Forums
Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. (/showthread.php?tid=28815)

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - ..V.. - 04-15-2013 02:50 PM

Some admire him for being one of the most persuasive people of all time, but they do not believe in nazism.
Opinions?

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - brainiac3397 - 04-15-2013 11:27 PM

Hitler failed the Third Reich.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - SoulRiser - 04-16-2013 03:43 AM

I actually find it interesting to try to understand why people do the sorts of things that Hitler did. Yes, he was very persuasive. Clearly he was smart too (some kinds of smart but not others, much like most people I guess).

It'd be awesome if someone with that level of persuasion would try to do something good, though. Not just greedy politician shit.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - brainiac3397 - 04-16-2013 06:17 AM

Agreed. Hitler had great persuasion skills. However, he totally lacked strategic skills or even logical thought. From what I've read, Hitler seemed more an obstacle in the advancement of the Third Reich, rather than the god-figure he was made out to be. Basically I'm saying he was a good talker who saw the right opportunities and took advantage, but had to rely on others without really caring what others said to make up his mind.

Which is good. Or the Wermacht would've had the STG-44 and V2 rocket early on in the war and royally kick Allied ass. Hitler was busy trying to get the scientists to build a freaking city sized tank or a cooler way of getting rid of Jews. He was also not that great a military leader(nothing but a lowly corporal), or the USSR may not have been as successful nor would the attack on Normandy be as effective.

His one great skill, in my opinion, made him bound to fail.

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Alucard483 - 04-16-2013 10:40 AM

Hitler was a political genius. Alot of people say Hitler was crazy though. Hitler was not crazy, just stupid. You do not fight both the Soviet Union and the US at the same time. You get them to fight eachother and then mop up whats left.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - brainiac3397 - 04-16-2013 11:17 PM

Political Genius? Yes. It takes a hell of an effort to put yourself into such a position of power in a country where everyone is trying to get into power. Hell, the Nazis even had their own internal strife(the Strasserists and SA). I guess we all know why he was stuck as a corporal though...

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Alucard483 - 04-17-2013 01:21 AM

As a corporal in WWI

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - brainiac3397 - 04-17-2013 01:53 AM

His art wasn't that bad though. Usually when I think bad art, I think stick-figures.

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 04-17-2013 04:16 AM

I acknowledge that he thought he was doing the right thing, but I'm not going to defend it to the death because in the end America just got fed up with him breaking the rules, although if Japan hadn't attacked us then Hitler's death wouldn't be on our hands.

By the way...I'm actually going to try and get on here more since I have chrome again and don't have to use that god awful default IE shit that my school refuses to replace.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - brainiac3397 - 04-17-2013 05:23 AM

Well, the US only got involved because Germany declared war on them. And I won't say the Japanese surprise attack was unwarranted, like how most history books seem to make it seem.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Potato - 04-17-2013 01:48 PM

why did he hate the jews though?

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 04-17-2013 10:40 PM

(04-17-2013 01:48 PM)Potato Wrote:  why did he hate the jews though?

he didn't really hate the jews, before Hitler got really popular overseas then most of Germany that was listening to Hitler's ideas were telling the jews to leave now or bad things will happen to them (they got on the phone and contacted countries asking if they wanted some new citizens and most took the offer...to put it simply) and for the ones that didn't leave when they had the chance, they started demoralizing them to get the point across even more and EVENTUALLY decided that they had to put htem somewhere where they could be their own "country/state" (like the indian reservations) so they went and took over Austria, but then Hitler started putting his army there and was like "well, guess you guys can't have this then"...killing was the last thing they wanted to do to the jews.

America only entered the war because of Japan, the day after Pearl Harbor is the day we officially declared war...and that was the last formal declaration of war we have made (the very last declaration of WWII was against Romania for anyone that cares...on the US side anyways) Had Japan not pulled a Hitler/Napoleon, then we probably would have never entered the war [Hitler declared peace on Russia then attacked in winter and got his ass kicked like Napoleon, except for the peace thing in NB's part]

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Alucard483 - 04-17-2013 10:42 PM

No, the US got involved because of Pearl Harbor. And because we declared war on Japan (ally of Germany) they declared war on us.

The attack itself is actually a giant snowball of things. For instance the Jap government was supposed to declare war as the first wave of planes left the carriers so the strike would be within minutes of the declaration of war. Instead the messege got fucked up and arrived late (after the attack happened).

Hitler hated the Jews for a number of reasons. Germany was in a severe depression and the gap netween the haves and the have nots was pretty big, bigger than in the States during the depression. Inflation was at about 700+%. Im not going to get into the deciding factors of party policy, but Hitler himself had a feeling of ill contempt that goes back to him being an artist. The only people that regularly bought from him were jews. Rather than be happy, he saw it as charity or something along those lines. Not that they liked his art, but that they felt bad for him and bought out of pitty.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - awevsdv - 04-18-2013 11:14 AM

Hitlers war plan should've been:

1: strike down Britain straight after france, by bombing air and sea ports, the RAF would be toast, allowing a swift foot invasion.
2: capture malta and the suez canal instead of crete and northern Africa.
3: Let his brilliant generals command the war in Russia instead of himself constantly butting in making bad decisions.
4: the stg44 (greatest rifle in history at the time) was available in 1942, years before it was deployed. Russia would be in ruins with step 3 and 4.
and again, he had absolutely kickass generals, far superior than Russia and u.s. (Rommel, von manstein, model)

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Thought Criminal - 04-18-2013 02:31 PM

I always enjoyed Charlie Chaplin's speech at the end of "The Great Dictator".
It's like Hitler in an alternate reality. It's quite beautiful on it's own as well.

Watch on YouTube

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 04-18-2013 11:58 PM

(04-18-2013 11:14 AM)RumbleGerm Wrote:  4: the stg44 (greatest rifle in history at the time) was available in 1942, years before it was deployed. Russia would be in ruins with step 3 and 4.
and again, he had absolutely kickass generals, far superior than Russia and u.s. (Rommel, von manstein, model)

People really shouldn't fuck with Russia, but only because of their winters. If Siberia ever does what Hitler did, then Russia might just get it's ass kicked (although, isn't Siberia in Russia? I don't want ot look this up and be wrong because then my whole future world leadership plan might be ruined)

My World History teacher said that he hopes NK invades Russia...it'd be funny as hell to see those people coming from a fairly warm place to one of the coldest places on Mother Russia Earth.

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - brainiac3397 - 04-19-2013 12:14 PM

Just to point out Hitler wasn't the only one at the time to hate the Jews. There were quite a few non-Germans/non-Nazis as well.

RE: Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 04-19-2013 02:06 PM

(04-19-2013 12:14 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Just to point out Hitler wasn't the only one at the time to hate the Jews. There were quite a few non-Germans/non-Nazis as well.

But he is the one that took many ideas and was a great speaker that managed to get a lot of jews out of Germany before he ever actually thought of just killing them.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - brainiac3397 - 04-19-2013 11:58 PM

And then all of the world's antisemitism was conveniently pinned on him, as if the allied nations were always glad to help their Jewish friends.

Hitler killed lots of people, but people don't see the whole thing. - James Comey - 05-14-2017 09:38 AM

Hitler really wasn't the only of his kind; there have been plenty of Hitlers throughout history. It was just that Hitler was one of the guys that maximized his damage.