School Survival Forums
I hate school. I hate it so much. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: I hate school. I hate it so much. (/showthread.php?tid=28774)

I hate school. I hate it so much. - Dragon_fruit - 04-08-2013 02:45 PM

I'm a junior in high school right now. I recently moved to Argentina in June 2012. The seasons are the opposite of the US. So school starts in February and ends in December.
I never really liked school but I didn't completely hate it. I always had many friends and got As and Bs on all my subjects (except PE).
But after moving to Argentina, I hate school so much. Last year I went half way into the school year. I made friends but I still wasn't fluent in spanish so the Spanish classes were giving me a hard time (I go to a billingual Spanish-English school/ mostly Spanish).
I hate the education method here. The teachers cram whole bunch of information in your brain and expect you to memorize everything. Then they give you a hard test, grade you harshly and expect you to either pass or fail. They feel the harder they are the better they are doing their job. They fail kids without second thoughts instead of trying to help them out.
During the classes I don't understand anything (since its in Spanish). Everyday I went home after school ended at 5:30pm, had a private tutor for 1-2 hours. Had dinner and then studied in spanish (which I don't understand) until 12-1am in the morning. Then I would go to sleep and wake up at 7am and repeat the process.
Some weeks I would have more than 5 different tests. The most i've had in one week was 12 tests and 8 tests the following week. The teachers don't even consider if we students have other work. I was so stressed out. I would come home and cry in my room. I couldn't stop thinking about school. I thought about school on the weekends and before going to sleep. The teachers wouldn't give me a break. They didn't care if I was a foreigner and graded me as harshly as the other students. They didn't care about all the hard work I was putting in.
I was so relieved when December came and school ended. Although, I couldnt stop thinking about school until 3 weeks after.
I recently finished my summer break in February. I was happy to see my friends and thought this year would be easier.
Unfortunately it's not. The teachers still think that the more work they give you, the better. I feel like no one knows what I'm going through because my classmates at least understand when the teachers talk. I'm starting to despise school again. We had a week off the week before last week and I spent every single day studying. Last week, I had 2 tests plus work and this week I have 6 more tests including more work. I just spent my whole weekend thinking about school even though I tried not to. I tried watching movies, going shopping, playing video games, and talking with friends. But nothing gets my mind off. I wake up and the first thing I think about is school. I can't go to sleep because I'm thinking about school, so I end up falling asleep around 3am.
Whenever I think about school I feel this weird feeling in my body which I hate. I don't know exactly what this feeling is, but I think it might be a mixture of fear and stress.
Then I think about when I graduate that it might be better. But it won't because I'll be having college for many more years.
Tomorrow is Monday and I have school. I cant go to sleep because of this feeling. I decided to search online about how to stop thinking about school, but I found nothing. So I decided to share what I'm going through. As I was writing I started crying, and i cant stop, but I don't know why.
I hate the teachers, I hate the method, I hate it so much. They fail everyone so easily. If you don't pass the test you fail and have to go to summer school (which I want to last summer). I'm not bad at school. I just find it really hard with the language. The teachers don't understand anything. I've talked to them and my parents have talked to them about the situation and all the efforts I'm puting into school but they still don't understand.
Please help.
I don't know what would help but maybe a similar experience to make it seem like I'm not alone or something.
if you read through all this I would like to thank you for listening to my problems.

RE: I hate school. I hate it so much. - TheCancer - 04-08-2013 02:50 PM

What would happen if you failed out or gave up?

RE: I hate school. I hate it so much. - Dragon_fruit - 04-08-2013 02:56 PM

(04-08-2013 02:50 PM)TheCancer Wrote:  What would happen if you failed out or gave up?

I've thought about it, but I'm one of those people who fear failure and disappointment more than anything (after needles).

I hate school. I hate it so much. - Lime - 04-08-2013 05:39 PM

We all hate it, buddy.

It's a strange thing that practically nobody likes school, and yet it is deemed acceptable to send people there for multiple years of their life.

RE: I hate school. I hate it so much. - brainiac3397 - 04-08-2013 10:01 PM

Buy a plane ticket to Finland.

I hate school. I hate it so much. - SoulRiser - 04-08-2013 11:43 PM

So your parents are on your side, at least somewhat... are there any other schools you can go to, like English ones? I mean, this is just one school, and it clearly is not working for you.

Or suggest homeschooling. But since you don't seem to mind normal school that much, just this specific screwed up one, maybe an English school might work for you?

I hate school. I hate it so much. - ShaunaPSA - 04-09-2013 01:02 AM

If you can convince your parents to let you do something educationally relevant you may check out http://www.pacificsandsacademy.com. It's an online, interest-led, passion-driven independent studies program. We work with students anywhere in the world.
We help teens create their own personalized learning plan, explore potential career goals, follow their passions-- and give a high school diploma when you are ready to move on.

RE: I hate school. I hate it so much. - Ami - 04-09-2013 09:13 AM

Can't think of a single person I've talked to who didn't hate school on some level. You're definitely not alone. The above posters mister PSA (assuming his organization is valid) gave some good advice. I'll add what I can:

I get that you don't want to fail or disappoint anyone, but why should you? If you can avoid any punishments through dropping out/ignoring bad grades then there wont be any more need to feel pressure. I sincerely doubt Spanish teaching is important to whatever lifestyle you'll choose to have, judging from your post, and you can always study it later on in a less stressful, prison-like environment.

TLDR: If you can stop caring with no reprecussions, do so. If you can cancel the reprecussions through some act (say getting your parents to transfer you or better yet agree to home school), even better.

RE: I hate school. I hate it so much. - TheCancer - 04-09-2013 10:28 AM

Forget PSA. PM me. I'll send you the details on where to send a thousand dollars and I'll type you up a nice unaccredited diploma on some real fancy letterhead.