School Survival Forums
Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ (/showthread.php?tid=28253)

Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ - Chally1971 - 01-07-2013 09:48 AM

I have this Lon Capa thing in Chemistry and i dont know any of it and i need help because its worth 70% of my grade and it due monday at 11pm!!
Plz Help

RE: Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ - Chally1971 - 01-07-2013 09:49 AM

According to Hund's rule of maximum spin multiplicity, how many singly-occupied orbitals are there in the valence shells of the following elements in their ground states? Enter your answer as the sum of all the orbitals (for example 15).
A) iron
B) neon
C) nitrogen
D) gallium
E) phosphorus
F) argon

Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ - Ky - 01-07-2013 10:34 AM

I'd help if I could, but I don't remember exactly what orbitals or valence electrons are. It would stand to reason, though, that the number of electrons in a particular orbital would weigh into the answer somehow. (I do know that it would be the outermost orbital.)

RE: Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 01-07-2013 12:40 PM

(01-07-2013 10:34 AM)DoA Wrote:  I'd help if I could, but I don't remember exactly what orbitals or valence electrons are. It would stand to reason, though, that the number of electrons in a particular orbital would weigh into the answer somehow. (I do know that it would be the outermost orbital.)

valence electrons are the electrons on the outer orbital and you always add 2 more when counting out from the nucleus for every orbital (2,4,6,8, etc)

aside from that, i don't know jack squat about what the question wants me to do because i only just finished integrated chemistry and physics (the basic form of chemistry/physics)

Chemistry Homework need answered PLZ - no - 01-08-2013 06:41 AM

I'm IN chemistry this year and have no clue what any of that is except valence electrons. My "teacher" is not exactly any good, though...