School Survival Forums
Why isn't weed legal? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Why isn't weed legal? (/showthread.php?tid=27822)

Pages: 1 2

Why isn't weed legal? - zagix - 11-06-2012 07:23 AM

Seriously it should be legal. If you don't believe so, then post your views on here and prepare to get raped in an argument with me.

Why isn't weed legal? - SaintVicious - 11-06-2012 09:36 AM

Cause some asshole in the 50's decided to make it illegal, that's it.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - zagix - 11-06-2012 09:41 AM

I know that. Hope it's legal in 2-6 years. Then I'll smoke all I want and stop being a dick.

Why isn't weed legal? - Ky - 11-06-2012 11:20 AM

Weed isn't legal for a number of reasons:

- People are misinformed about it
- It's been illegal for a while already and people don't feel like changing it
- Too many authoritarian douchebuckets don't want it
- The only people who like it a lot smoke it illegally

I'd be all for legalizing it, so long as no one offers me any.

Why isn't weed legal? - 4r4b7 - 11-06-2012 03:50 PM

because it has devvasting effects.
You have 5 times the lung cancer risk than tobacco.
Your'e likely to get dementia.
Your IQ becomes lower.
Do I need to say more?

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Thought Criminal - 11-06-2012 03:59 PM

It'll be legal in the next 20 years or so, and if it isn't what the fuck ever. It's not like it's hard to get ahold of.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 11-06-2012 08:36 PM

(11-06-2012 03:50 PM)Hurricane-Sandy Wrote:  Your IQ becomes lower.

but even with that lower IQ, if you study for a test while high and then take the test high vs not high, you will do better when you are high because of brain science stuff that is best explained as MAGIC

P.S. I still hate weed though

Why isn't weed legal? - 4r4b7 - 11-06-2012 08:37 PM

Look at the other affects.
You guys are stupid for even thinking good about weed.

Why isn't weed legal? - IamNoone - 11-07-2012 03:12 AM

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6629182/dont-legalize-weed

You don't WANT it legalized. Just watch the vid, I'm to lazy to type why.

Why isn't weed legal? - Ky - 11-07-2012 08:24 AM

Maybe the tokers will quit bothering the more abstinent citizens like myself if weed is legalized. That's a major upside.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 11-07-2012 11:08 PM

(11-07-2012 08:24 AM)DoA Wrote:  Maybe the tokers will quit bothering the more abstinent citizens like myself if weed is legalized. That's a major upside.

highly unlikely, unless you aren't bothered by people saying things along the lines of "dude, i smoked 5 pounds of weed last night" right next to you...all some people know is how to announce dumb decisions they made on a grande scale to anybody in speaking distance, shit gets annoying real fast

Why isn't weed legal? - RammsteinFearFactory - 11-08-2012 07:04 AM

It ain't illegal no more. Colorado is where you can now get stoned.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 11-08-2012 10:43 AM

(11-08-2012 07:04 AM)RammsteinFearFactory Wrote:  It ain't illegal no more. Colorado is where you can now get stoned.

this is some sort of paradox...to say that it isn't illegal is to say that it is legal in every single part of the country you are a resident of (in this case U.S.A) and since Colorado is one of the few states you can get stoned in, that means that it is still illegal everywhere else...weed failure

plus, if you wanted to smoke weed you could have just packe dyour bags and moved to Amsterdam and worked on becoming a citizen so that you could just buy the weed anyways

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Sharpie - 11-09-2012 11:15 AM

(11-06-2012 03:50 PM)Hurricane-Sandy Wrote:  because it has devvasting effects.
Your IQ becomes lower.
Do I need to say more?

I'd like to see factual evidence from multiple reliable sources to prove what you are claiming.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 11-09-2012 12:51 PM

(11-09-2012 11:15 AM)Silent Cynic Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 03:50 PM)Hurricane-Sandy Wrote:  because it has devvasting effects.
Your IQ becomes lower.
Do I need to say more?

I'd like to see factual evidence from multiple reliable sources to prove what you are claiming.

should i google it for you, or can you work it out yourself?

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Thought Criminal - 11-09-2012 01:57 PM

(11-08-2012 10:43 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  plus, if you wanted to smoke weed you could have just packe dyour bags and moved to Amsterdam and worked on becoming a citizen so that you could just buy the weed anyways

Oooor you could just do something called making friends. You know, that thing normal people do.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 11-09-2012 03:20 PM

(11-09-2012 01:57 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 10:43 AM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  plus, if you wanted to smoke weed you could have just packe dyour bags and moved to Amsterdam and worked on becoming a citizen so that you could just buy the weed anyways

Oooor you could just do something called making friends. You know, that thing normal people do.

go ahead, but my plan might not get you into trouble (i'm not sure of the specifics on smoking weed in Amsterdam anymore, i just know you have to be a citizen)

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - SaintVicious - 11-09-2012 05:32 PM

(11-09-2012 03:20 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  

go ahead, but my plan might not get you into trouble (i'm not sure of the specifics on smoking weed in Amsterdam anymore, i just know you have to be a citizen)
Its actually illegal in amsterdam dumbass you can smoke it in these little smoke shops but on the street its still illegal

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Heil_Kaiba8921 - 11-09-2012 10:43 PM

(11-09-2012 05:32 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  

Its actually illegal in amsterdam dumbass you can smoke it in these little smoke shops but on the street its still illegal
you seem to have somehow missed the most important part of my post, don't worry though, I highlighted it for you.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - SaintVicious - 11-10-2012 04:16 PM

(11-09-2012 10:43 PM)Heil_Kaiba8921 Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 05:32 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  

you seem to have somehow missed the most important part of my post, don't worry though, I highlighted it for you.

The thing is its never not been the smoke shops from being illegal thats just stupid rumors kids tell themselves

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - SomeRandomHuman - 11-12-2012 04:21 AM

It really isnt that hard to get some. Heck, my own momdeals weed all the time. I saw her selling it to a 7 year old once. The police see weed dealers all the time, and they dont give a flying fuck. Just go to highland park in detroit, and get your weed!

Why isn't weed legal? - zagix - 11-12-2012 06:38 AM

I can get it but I don't want to be arrested or help fund insane moms, cartels, or other bad things.
It's an herb of peace, and having it be illegal does just the opposite.
I can get all the weed I want here (I used to smoke every day), but I'm not going to because
1) My parents pay my bills and will pay for my college and don't want me to, and I respect that
2) Because weed at a young age can fuck with development, and I'm only 15
3) Because it is no fun having to worry about being caught all the time because everyone is watching whether I smoke weed, and that ruins the experience.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Trekkie_Aspie - 02-05-2013 08:42 PM

For the simple reason that weed was discovered too late. By the time we knew about the dangers of alcohol/tobbaco, the population was used to using it and the gov't had figured out how to tax it. Actually, zagix, on a metabolical level, you're all grown up.

On a metabolical level regarding medicines and such, that happened at 12. If you're a female, you're highly likely to be able to safely give birth. Granted, the impulse control of your brain isn't fully developed yet but as that happens in the mid-20s, yeah.

Why isn't weed legal? - Marauder - 03-17-2013 06:35 PM

Oh Lawdy.

Why isn't weed legal? - brainiac3397 - 03-17-2013 08:45 PM

Just don't smoke that stuff around me.
(I hold the same view on any smoke-based item such as cigars, cigarettes and hookah)

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Damon - 03-21-2013 02:03 AM

It should stay illegal; I'm not anti-weed but think about it.

If weed was legalized, companies would see it as something they could make a mint out of. They'll turn weed into something which is filled with harmful, cancer causing chemicals like they did with tobacco.
The government would tax the fuck out of it. It would just turn into a way of making money basically.

I'd rather risk getting caught by the police than giving these shitty companies money to ruin my body.

RE: Why isn't weed legal? - Trekkie_Aspie - 03-21-2013 05:07 AM

As opposed to drug dealers who can't be regulated deciding to make a mint out of it? Brillant Plan there, only Not.

Why isn't weed legal? - HawkbitAlpha - 03-21-2013 05:22 AM

Legalization of weed is a big deal these days...

Even when I play San Andreas, I run into it (e.g. a guy will make his username say "Legalize_Cannabis")

I've had relatives die from smoking just cigars, and this is just 5x more harmful.

Why isn't weed legal? - brainiac3397 - 03-21-2013 06:08 AM

I hate when people have to put some retarded username on multiplayer games.

Just because of those usernames will I target you throughout the whole damn game, screw my KD ratio.

Why isn't weed legal? - Pluto011 - 03-21-2013 07:21 AM

I believe it is illegal because of some of its uses.

Firstly, it helps increase the survivability in cancer. It helps chemo patients eat by giving them the "munchies", which combats the malnutrition chemo commonly causes in patients because it normally destroys their appetite. In certain types of cancers, it also disables damaged genes in certain types of tumors which reduces there growth rate or in some cases stops it completely. Also, the THC found in weed can be used to help treat AIDS, anorexia, sclerosis, tourettes, and insomnia. As such a miracle of nature, it would take away millions or maybe even billions of dollars from the medical industry that would normally be found in expensive medications to help treat the above conditions and many many others.

Secondly, juices found in weed can easily be turned into a cheap and renewable source of clean burning fuel. It would be much more efficient and could completely replace fossil fuels. Obviously, this would utterly destroy the oil industry. Less money going into oil industry = less profits = less money in government pockets.

Lastly, weed would be nearly impossible to tax, unlike alcohol or tobacco. It can be grown anywhere and everywhere with little to no effort. The government would have no way to keep people from growing weed in their basements and selling it, tax free, on the open market.

In short, its all about the money, and the legalization of weed would hurt a lot of industries.