School Survival Forums
I need some help with ideas for a movie - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: I need some help with ideas for a movie (/showthread.php?tid=26983)

I need some help with ideas for a movie - The Shadowman - 05-25-2012 06:55 AM

For my greek class (I go to a grammar school), I need to make a parody of Odysseus' Odyssey. I'm partnered with my best friend and some guy who is notorious for being unreliable and never doing his work. My friend assumes I'm extremely uncreative and that I don't know how to make a parody, so I'm not looking forward to making this. My friend wants to do a dubstep parody (not kidding here), and for the rest of the movie he wants to use the TV miniseries The Odyssey with the language set to Spanish, and add funny subtitles. I'm trying to make up something funny AND creative, but I haven't thought up anything good. So can you supply me with some suggestions? Help is appreciated.

RE: I need some help with ideas for a movie - Joe Kony - 05-25-2012 07:02 AM

Fuck the odessy do a video where your great war lord Kony captures all the small greece children an teach em how to be real nyugaahs

RE: I need some help with ideas for a movie - The Shadowman - 05-25-2012 07:11 AM

(05-25-2012 07:02 AM)Joe Kony Wrote:  Fuck the odessy do a video where your great war lord Kony captures all the small greece children an teach em how to be real nyugaahs
Piss off!

RE: I need some help with ideas for a movie - IamNoone - 05-25-2012 08:34 AM

Give me a summary and Ill come up with something.

RE: I need some help with ideas for a movie - The Shadowman - 05-25-2012 02:53 PM

(05-25-2012 08:34 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  Give me a summary and Ill come up with something.
This lavish small-screen adaptation of Homer's ancient epic--replete with exotic Maltese and Turkish locations, state-of-the-art special effects, and many bronzed muscles gleaming with sweat--chronicles the voyage home of a Trojan hero, Odysseus King of Ithaca, and includes many more scenes of his faithful, beautiful wife Penelope dodging leering suitors at home than Homer ever composed! Written by Anthony Pereyra <hypersonic91@yahoo.com>

John Sackster's featured outline states that Odysseus is a "Trojan Hero." This is incorrect. He was a Greek hero of the war against Troy. Saying he is a Trojan hero would be like saying an American soldier returning from Iraq is an Iraqi hero instead of an American hero. I think neither that soldier nor his/her family would be very happy with you. Also, it states that he meets "Hades himself." Odysseus, in the film, goes to the underworld, but never actually meets Hades. Lastly, he says the film is poorly written. I thought it was well-written, and I've read the Odyssey. Still, this is only my opinion. Written by Mark

The movie follows the ancient Greek names, thus it is irrelevant to use the Roman name Ulysses. Generally, it was poorly written. Homer's classic epic poem about the hero, Odysseus, and his travels home after the infamous ten year battle of Troy, is brought to the silver screen. The gods seize the opportunity to make Odysseus and his crew the pawns in their games; forcing Odysseus to take unbelievable detours that add years to his journey home. These detours throw him into conflict with great mythological creatures like Circe, the Cyclops, and Poseidon, and ultimately bring him to Hades himself. Meanwhile, Odysseus' wife, Penelope, worries that her husband is dead and is forced to fight off suitors who want to claim his kingdom. Through all of this Odysseus must keep faith and fight to find his way back home, with only the aid of the goddess Athena. Written by John Sacksteder <jsackste@bellsouth.net>

RE: I need some help with ideas for a movie - The Shadowman - 05-26-2012 05:30 AM

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone?

RE: I need some help with ideas for a movie - ExpiredDough - 05-26-2012 07:42 AM

Hmm, sorry can't help you. I'm not familiar with that era of history. It was never much of an interest to me.