School Survival Forums
Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Music (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head (/showthread.php?tid=26288)

Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - Mælstrom - 04-28-2012 09:19 AM

Watch on YouTube

After listening to Demon Days by the Gorillaz, I gained a new appreciation for music made in the 2000s. This took the cake, though. The history of European imperial conquest on aboriginal peoples is saddening, but this song brings a more lighthearted viewpoint to one of my favourite things to learn about.

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - .Manicrose. - 04-28-2012 09:56 AM

FUCK I fucking love Gorillaz. Well not the new stuff but the stuff from that era, hell yeah.

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - kelby393 - 04-28-2012 11:41 AM

I love that song Biggrin
Pretty much ALL of Demon Days was awesome, actually. The 2000s had some REAL music back then x3

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - Mælstrom - 04-28-2012 12:37 PM

Yeah, Plastic Beach was a bit of a letdown. I really liked Empire Ants and Cloud of Unknowing, but the rest were substandard to that of Demon Days or their self-titled album, IMO. Did any of you see them when they were on tour in 2010?

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - .Manicrose. - 04-28-2012 12:44 PM

Nope.

And of course their NEW new stuff, even after Plastic Beach, is just so... weird... like "Do Ya Thing." I didn't even know what to make of THAT. And the Fall album.

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - Mælstrom - 04-28-2012 12:53 PM

Damon and Jamie seem to be at the point where they'll do almost anything for money. The video was funded by Converse, with the profits going 40-60 between the band and the company. I think that Converse told them to make the song to sound more "poppy" so that it would sell better to a mainstream audience, also including Andre 3000 to get money from his fans. I wish that they would have funded the creation for a Rhinestone Eyes video, since the storyboard Jamie made for that would have given fans closure for the cliffhanger in the Melancholy Hill video.

The Fall was really weird, though I haven't been able to get the song Amarillo out of my head since it came out Smile

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - SaintVicious - 04-28-2012 01:01 PM

And you kiddies thought you would never say back in my day

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - Mælstrom - 04-28-2012 01:06 PM

(04-28-2012 01:01 PM)SaintVicious Wrote:  And you kiddies thought you would never say back in my day

What?

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - kelby393 - 04-28-2012 04:32 PM

(04-28-2012 12:44 PM).Manicrose. Wrote:  Nope.

And of course their NEW new stuff, even after Plastic Beach, is just so... weird... like "Do Ya Thing." I didn't even know what to make of THAT. And the Fall album.

The Fall - uggghhh!! What a damn waste of money - except for Phoner to Arizona Razz

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - kelby393 - 04-28-2012 04:38 PM

(04-28-2012 12:53 PM)Assassin Wrote:  Damon and Jamie seem to be at the point where they'll do almost anything for money. The video was funded by Converse, with the profits going 40-60 between the band and the company. I think that Converse told them to make the song to sound more "poppy" so that it would sell better to a mainstream audience, also including Andre 3000 to get money from his fans. I wish that they would have funded the creation for a Rhinestone Eyes video, since the storyboard Jamie made for that would have given fans closure for the cliffhanger in the Melancholy Hill video.

The Fall was really weird, though I haven't been able to get the song Amarillo out of my head since it came out Smile

Why's it ALWAYS gotta be about some BITCH-ASS money?!?!?!

RE: Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head - Thought Criminal - 04-29-2012 01:13 AM

Always loved this song Biggrin It's one of those ones that just gives you chills when you listen to it.