School Survival Forums
I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... (/showthread.php?tid=2581)

I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - AgnosticFrosty - 11-15-2010 11:06 AM

I'm going to be 25 in three days, but it's just recently that I decided to join.

I found this site a long time back when I was curious about our school system.

I have a LOT to contribute. I have Asperger's Syndrome and before and after my diagnosis, but worse afterwards, I had a lot of problems with the US public school system.

I would enjoy quite a bit to help out some of the kids here get through some of the garbage.

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - Thade - 11-15-2010 11:36 AM

Welcome! Ha I got in first :3 I feel accomplished.

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - Leon Kinotolian - 11-15-2010 11:44 AM

Welcome to School Survival, ye olde lurker. I am Randomcat, shatterer of worlds, purveyor of randomness, and I never lose the game. A word of wisdom: Put the member called Raikuron in your Ignore list now if you want to avoid raging and/or leaving out of disgust later.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - Thade - 11-15-2010 11:56 AM

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:Welcome to School Survival, ye olde lurker. I am Randomcat, shatterer of worlds, purveyor of randomness, and I never lose the game. A word of wisdom: Put the member called Sociopath in your Ignore list now if you want to avoid raging and/or leaving out of disgust later.

Fix'd. And, I lost the fucking game x.x

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - MorikoMisa - 11-15-2010 12:00 PM

Thade Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:Welcome to School Survival, ye olde lurker. I am Randomcat, shatterer of worlds, purveyor of randomness, and I never lose the game. A word of wisdom: Put the member called Sociopath and Raikuron in your Ignore list now if you want to avoid raging and/or leaving out of disgust later.

DOUBLE FIXED!

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - AgnosticFrosty - 11-15-2010 12:13 PM

I've got some stories for you guys about what it was like being me.

You think you have it bad and that school fails you? Try being disabled! It gets worse.

I have stories of teacher abuse of power, insufficient discipline, cut off opportunities, in-class deceptions, biases, and abusive friendships. It's an environment that will eat you alive.

I think I have an idea of what I'll show you guys. Just give me a few minutes...

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - Sociopath - 11-15-2010 12:17 PM

MorikoMisa Wrote:
Thade Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:Welcome to School Survival, ye olde lurker. I am Randomcat, shatterer of worlds, purveyor of randomness, and I never lose the game. A word of wisdom: Put the member called Sociopath and Raikuron in your Ignore list now if you want to avoid raging and/or leaving out of disgust later.

DOUBLE FIXED!
Ignore these people^
Their minds have blanked from years of self-abuse.

Anyways, I'm Sociopath, and I too, have Asperger's Syndrome. Anyways, welcome!

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - CrayolaColours - 11-15-2010 12:56 PM

AgnosticFrosty Wrote:I've got some stories for you guys about what it was like being me.

You think you have it bad and that school fails you? Try being disabled! It gets worse.

I have stories of teacher abuse of power, insufficient discipline, cut off opportunities, in-class deceptions, biases, and abusive friendships. It's an environment that will eat you alive.

I think I have an idea of what I'll show you guys. Just give me a few minutes...
You may share, but only if you put "Back in MY day" before it (just for the lulz).

No, I'm actually interested.

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - AgnosticFrosty - 11-15-2010 01:51 PM

OK folks... My first thread is up and running...

It's titled "The deception of who and what's important..."

It's not officially finished and I plan to put in more posts to extended it, but you can see the first part now already.

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - AgnosticFrosty - 11-15-2010 03:18 PM

Second part is up

Re: I'm an oldie, but I would like to contribute... - The Desert Fox - 11-15-2010 10:56 PM

Arrrgh, welcome aboard the S.S. SS. Geddit? Oh the wit! Throw yer sanity into the brig, matey, or ye shall walk the plank. Pirate