School Survival Forums
"Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" (/showthread.php?tid=25661)

"Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - aCol - 04-01-2012 12:01 AM

Most of you have PE, I assume. It's basically sports. But it fails with disgrace.

See, I've had enough PE in school, but it never was real training. I've learned what "real training" means from my brother - who is currently my coach (convenient!).
I threw up in the first session. My overall condition is fucking bad when it comes to sport. And that while I still do the shit I am supposed to in PE.

Instead of encouraging people to do sports, PE is boring, a waste of time, and ineffective. It's not the "I don't like to do sports at this time" stuff, no, it's how it is not effective at all. 10 times situps and shit, sometimes. Mostly some weird games that have more rules than queuing in Britain. A bit sweat, but else nothing.
And you can't do what you'd like to. Like real training. It would be a convenient use of time. But no, I have to play silly games.

Conclusion: PE in school is useless and the coaches there a useless.
Vent over.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - bulgarianlion - 04-01-2012 05:27 AM

PE is pretty shitty but it's my main form of exercise anyway
And it's the only place where I can train basketball nearby
But coaches are shit and they are like 'ZOMG YOU CAN'T DO TAHH? YO NOT WORKING TO TEH EXERCISEH? SHAMEH ON YOU!!!!!!!!"

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - thewake - 04-01-2012 06:18 AM

I enjoy P.E. overall.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - aCol - 04-01-2012 10:12 AM

I'd enjoy it too - if I could train. But I can't. Well, I'll look forward to improving that situation to the next two months.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Aya - 04-01-2012 10:26 AM

P.E wasn't bad in my school. They put alot of attention to swim technique, weight lifting and proper cadio. We even had meditation.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - .Manicrose. - 04-01-2012 11:03 AM

P.E. is basically the only class of any use to kids. If it teaches them to exercise on their own outside of school then it's doing something good.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Aya - 04-01-2012 11:29 AM

^ true dat

Most useful thing I ever learned in school other than how to write a resume was this tidbit from my gym teacher;

"Look in the mirror. If you don't like what you see there are two places to immediately improve: The gym, and the library."

I've lived by those words ever since.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - gore goroth - 04-01-2012 03:05 PM

MFW my P.E. class would end up consisting of everyone standing around bored not really giving a shit. Sure is great exercise.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Miller0700 - 04-01-2012 03:18 PM

We hardly can get anything done in P.E since everyone talks all the time and can never stop playing around. Well I can't really get too pissed since my school made them like that.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Efs - 04-02-2012 01:19 AM

Am I the only kid who actually LOVED P.E?

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - bulgarianlion - 04-02-2012 01:21 AM

(04-02-2012 01:19 AM)Efs Wrote:  Am I the only kid who actually LOVED P.E?

P.E is ok if you have good teacher

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Efs - 04-02-2012 02:34 AM

(04-02-2012 01:21 AM)bulgvar666 Wrote:  

P.E is ok if you have good teacher

All my P.E. teachers were jerks yet I still loved doing the physical activity.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Purple S - 04-02-2012 03:32 AM

I don't like P.E because I simply suck at sports. I don't mind exercising, it's just that I'm good at only two sports and the time we're not doing them, I'm either being yelled at for not doing anything right or I'm torturing myself because of how I suck.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - aCol - 04-02-2012 05:52 AM

"Suck at sports" - how do you mean that? Because you can't play some foolish game?

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - bulgarianlion - 04-02-2012 05:54 AM

I suck at football, but I'm good at basketball
People still say that I can't do sports
LOL

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - aCol - 04-02-2012 06:08 AM

Lawl, dafuq. What people are surrounding you? They seem stupid.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - The - 04-02-2012 07:14 AM

My school is all about yelling and laughing at out of shape kids. Anyone who cant pass a certain PE test gets yelled at by the coaches. Thank God I can pass them all

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Purple S - 04-06-2012 12:55 AM

(04-02-2012 05:52 AM)aCol Wrote:  "Suck at sports" - how do you mean that? Because you can't play some foolish game?

Because all I can do is run after the ball and try not to kick/throw the ball at some random player from the other team.

At least this year I got better at volleyball and badminton and my new class seems nicer than my older one.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Reptorian - 04-06-2012 06:16 AM

I did this on PE before and it was to be done 2-3 times per week.

[Image: insanityworkout-beachbody.jpg]

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Ami - 04-07-2012 01:35 AM

Not to go all serious in a venting thread but it's obvious some of us will like it and some won't. School enforces stuff through coercion so (rarely) it will go well and (often) they will mess up. I think the moral of the story is not to let pedagogues manage your physical health. Keklolz.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Aya - 04-07-2012 01:59 AM

No I liked it too. I was a traitor to all the other fatasses in my school. I even took an extra credit gym class my senior year for the hell of it.

I'm actually really good at basketball. I'm a strong point guard and my free throw percentage is around 2/3rds, and I don't even practice on a daily basis.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - NessGoJetsGo - 04-15-2012 07:02 AM

I LOVED P.E.

Partially because we actually got to play physical games, since our teacher is the wrestling coach and didn't give a fuck.

I sucked at human tug-of-war though (How the HELL does someone who's 6'0" and 190 pounds suck at a game like that, I don't know) lmao.

We also played floor hockey with checking, which was always my favorite. I usually got 8-11 goals a game.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - aCol - 04-15-2012 08:54 PM

There are some good games in P.E. Rugby as example. I am one of the tallest, but still massive players, so I usually run through like a tank.
But still, some games I just can't stand.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - M3116 - 04-19-2012 03:56 PM

They're just training you for when you get put in their concentration camps to work.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Efs - 04-19-2012 04:25 PM

(04-07-2012 01:59 AM)Aya Wrote:  

No I liked it too. I was a traitor to all the other fatasses in my school. I even took an extra credit gym class my senior year for the hell of it.

I'm actually really good at basketball. I'm a strong point guard and my free throw percentage is around 2/3rds, and I don't even practice on a daily basis.
Marry me?

Everyone here is either a fatass or pussy bitch hahahahahaha

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - LOON_ATTIC - 04-19-2012 04:59 PM

PE was eh fine. Sports are boring. I used to just go and run for the hell of it, I find that a bit more enjoyable. Just running and listening to music is way more fun than playing a competitive sport to me. Weight lifting and shit... I never really got much into it. Too apathetic/lazy/etc.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Wingless - 04-19-2012 05:14 PM

(04-01-2012 03:05 PM)gore goroth Wrote:  MFW my P.E. class would end up consisting of everyone standing around bored not really giving a shit. Sure is great exercise.

Pretty much the same thing here.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Aya - 04-20-2012 05:08 AM

(04-19-2012 04:25 PM)Efs Wrote:  

Marry me?

MFW you're at least the third person to say that to me on this forum.

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - The - 04-20-2012 12:41 PM

PE is good for me, but all the out of shape kids hate it cuz the teachers yell at them. Sometimes, they use the out of shape kids as examples of what not to do and all the kids and the teachers laugh at them when they mess up on something. Im sure this just gives them eating disorders

RE: "Physical Education", or "Lullaby lessons" - Efs - 04-20-2012 05:28 PM

(04-20-2012 05:08 AM)Aya Wrote:  
(04-19-2012 04:25 PM)Efs Wrote:  

Marry me?

MFW you're at least the third person to say that to me on this forum.
post face