School Survival Forums
I have to write an Optism speech... - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: I have to write an Optism speech... (/showthread.php?tid=25364)

I have to write an Optism speech... - omghaha9798 - 03-16-2012 09:21 AM

Anyone know where I can find a dumb ass speech that someone wrote up and that my teacher can't find online? It's due tomorrow. >.<

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - RammsteinFearFactory - 03-16-2012 09:22 AM

Write a lazy half bothered one lololol.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - Miller0700 - 03-16-2012 09:25 AM

Can you be more specific. What does it have to include?

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - omghaha9798 - 03-16-2012 09:28 AM

Sorry about that, it has to have a topic sentence/hook, a quote from a famous person, and what that quote means, and a story about Optism, like someone being positive about something, like someone lost a leg in War, and decides to not give up, and keep living life with a positive attitude, and then the conclusion.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - Miller0700 - 03-16-2012 09:30 AM

I see.Ok.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - The - 03-16-2012 09:30 AM

$50 is your speech

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - Story and Myth - 03-16-2012 09:32 AM

I'll write one for you; I have nothing better to do.
How long should it be?

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - omghaha9798 - 03-16-2012 09:33 AM

I'd rather take it free.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - omghaha9798 - 03-16-2012 09:37 AM

It should be 1 minute and 30 seconds.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - Story and Myth - 03-16-2012 09:44 AM

(03-16-2012 09:37 AM)omghaha9798 Wrote:  It should be 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Pfft easy. I'll be done in an hour, tops.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - omghaha9798 - 03-16-2012 09:44 AM

(03-16-2012 09:44 AM)Story and Myth Wrote:  
(03-16-2012 09:37 AM)omghaha9798 Wrote:  It should be 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Pfft easy. I'll be done in an hour, tops.
Wow, thanks! ;D

Just PM me when you're done.

Can't thank you enough.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - Story and Myth - 03-16-2012 09:55 AM

Begin with any of these sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2hXZM6iXM
any will do, just practice to see if you can make one with your mouth and roll with it. It's a great hook/quote that will make the entire class laugh.

*squeaking, clicking noise*
Everyone knows the stories about how dolphins have rescued sailors from shipwrecks.
This is not about that. This is the story of Winter, a dolphin who was instead rescued by humans.
When she was just three months old, Winter's tail was caught in a crab trap line. Unable to swim, she washed up in Mosquito Lagoon on the eastern shore of Florida. Fortunately, she was rescued and taken to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Unfortunately, the line had bitten deep into her tail, and the ocean water had infected it with bacteria. In order to save Winter's life, her tail had to be amputated.
A dolphin cannot swim without its tail, but clever Winter figured out how to swim anyway, with a side-to-side motion similar to a snake's. But the body of a dolphin is not designed to take that sort of pressure, and if Winter continued to strain her backbone in this way, she would eventually be paralyzed.
Thankfully, a group of scientists and volunteers worked together to make the world's first dolphin prosthetic. Now Winter is safe at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, where she will live a long and happy life with her new plastic tail.

Edit as you like- it's your assignment, not mine. But I guarantee you at least a B if you present this.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - omghaha9798 - 03-16-2012 10:11 AM

(03-16-2012 09:55 AM)Story and Myth Wrote:  Begin with any of these sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2hXZM6iXM
any will do, just practice to see if you can make one with your mouth and roll with it. It's a great hook/quote that will make the entire class laugh.

*squeaking, clicking noise*
Everyone knows the stories about how dolphins have rescued sailors from shipwrecks.
This is not about that. This is the story of Winter, a dolphin who was instead rescued by humans.
When she was just three months old, Winter's tail was caught in a crab trap line. Unable to swim, she washed up in Mosquito Lagoon on the eastern shore of Florida. Fortunately, she was rescued and taken to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Unfortunately, the line had bitten deep into her tail, and the ocean water had infected it with bacteria. In order to save Winter's life, her tail had to be amputated.
A dolphin cannot swim without its tail, but clever Winter figured out how to swim anyway, with a side-to-side motion similar to a snake's. But the body of a dolphin is not designed to take that sort of pressure, and if Winter continued to strain her backbone in this way, she would eventually be paralyzed.
Thankfully, a group of scientists and volunteers worked together to make the world's first dolphin prosthetic. Now Winter is safe at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, where she will live a long and happy life with her new plastic tail.

Edit as you like- it's your assignment, not mine. But I guarantee you at least a B if you present this.
Thank you so much. ;D

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - aCol - 03-17-2012 03:49 AM

Say you misheard the teacher and you've thought you'd have to write a speech about Opium.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - Stadium - 03-17-2012 03:50 AM

Optimism is gay
The end

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - Story and Myth - 03-20-2012 07:28 AM

(03-16-2012 10:11 AM)omghaha9798 Wrote:  Thank you so much. ;D
You're welcome. Let me know how you did.

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - fish20 - 04-24-2012 01:44 PM

(04-23-2012 07:16 PM)kengentry Wrote:  Think about the greatest leader of all time and write down your motivational speech. I will say try searching in internet for more ideas, you can write about famous people.

Why did you feel the need to bump a thread asking for help on an assignment due over a month ago?

RE: I have to write an Optism speech... - omghaha9798 - 04-25-2012 12:27 PM

I got an A+. =D