School Survival Forums
Help with Geography homework - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Homework Help & Answers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Help with Geography homework (/showthread.php?tid=25254)

Help with Geography homework - Luizao876 - 03-13-2012 08:08 AM

My teacher asked me this:

1) Do a research and register the sources consulted for every item below:

a) Explain why earthquakes and volcanic eruptions happen and where they are much more inner and frequent.

b) Why people live near volcanoes?

It's for tomorrow, so it's better that you give some responses today and now.

RE: Help with Geography homework - thewake - 03-13-2012 08:09 AM

People obviously live near volcanoes because they want to get killed in eruptions. It's a popular form of suicide.

RE: Help with Geography homework - Luizao876 - 03-13-2012 08:16 AM

DAMMIT GIVE ME MUCH MORE CONSTRUCTIVE RESPONSES, OR AT LEAST A RESPONSE!

RE: Help with Geography homework - thewake - 03-13-2012 08:22 AM

Well, maybe there are reasons to live in areas with volcanoes that balance out the risk of an eruption. Like fertile farmland or a nice climate.

RE: Help with Geography homework - Luizao876 - 03-13-2012 08:22 AM

Ok and question a?

RE: Help with Geography homework - Miller0700 - 03-13-2012 08:28 AM

Earthquakes and volcanoes usually occur near fault zones, where one of the planet's twenty-one tectonic plate crash into each other until one gives way. If enough force is released, an earthquake is created. Most volcanoes are created with plates sliding past each other and inadvertently carrying magma to the surface, but some volcanoes can be created by hotspots-- literately holes in earth crust.

RE: Help with Geography homework - Luizao876 - 03-13-2012 08:29 AM

Thanks Derchin Smile

RE: Help with Geography homework - SaintVicious - 03-13-2012 08:29 AM

(03-13-2012 08:08 AM)Luiz√£o876 Wrote:  My teacher asked me this:

1) Do a research and register the sources consulted for every item below:

a) Explain why earthquakes and volcanic eruptions happen and where they are much more inner and frequent.

b) Why people live near volcanoes?

It's for tomorrow, so it's better that you give some responses today and now.
Well earthquakes and volcanoes are along tectonic plates so obviously the earth smashing into itself is going to produce violent results,
B volcano ash can be used for ceramics, also for geothermal heating for houses

RE: Help with Geography homework - Aya - 03-13-2012 09:52 AM

Most people live near volcanoes because the volcanoes lie on the fault lines between ocean basins and contenental plates. Think the ring of fire in the pacific. I don't know the exact number but around 90% of the worlds volcanoes are on the ring of fire, where the pacific basin meets other tectonic plates. And a majority of the world population lives within 200 kms of coast lines for two main reasons:

1: Deltas, estuaries and river systems make the land more arable.
2: international trade is conducted primarily through sea navigation.

Hidden stuff:
inb4 luizaos teacher accuses him of buying essays online

RE: Help with Geography homework - haree - 05-09-2012 12:43 AM

Well I am curious about it I can give you the answer of second question but I am afraid about the question a which I totally getting annoy...
Anyhow all the above participants perform well and expose their ideas very well...

RE: Help with Geography homework - SaintVicious - 05-09-2012 05:06 AM

English is fun

RE: Help with Geography homework - Endeavourer - 05-11-2012 06:08 AM

Why people live near volcanoes? Because most of these volcanoes are extinct, therefore are not a threat. OR they lived in a time where they didn't know better (i.e - Pompei erruption ages ago).

RE: Help with Geography homework - gore goroth - 05-11-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:Why people live near volcanoes?

Ever play Morrowind?

RE: Help with Geography homework - JoanneGross - 09-12-2013 07:32 PM

I have no great idea with the first and second question, so here i am giving you the answer for the second question.
The world's hull is made up of numerous tectonic plates which are gradually moving. The point when two tectonic plates crash, rub, or divide, this can make a quake. A spring of gushing lava is brought about by a development of magma under the world's outside.

RE: Help with Geography homework - brainiac3397 - 09-12-2013 11:00 PM

note post date. Im sure theyd appreciate your input though.

RE: Help with Geography homework - Alucard483 - 09-13-2013 05:57 AM

Volcano's are actually doors to the underworlds that can be passed through by the gods. Each one leads down through the crust of the earth before coming back into a new plane of existence. Each volcano is a completely different realm of existence and governed by its respective entity. The gods pick and choose who may pass safely through the fiery gates safely and the rest burn to a crisp. Painfully. Inactive volcanoes are doors that have been sealed shut. Sometimes in an event where the gods fight one another for dominance of eaches dimension, other times, events where human inhabitants play a role in the sealing the gate have been documented. Underworld is not to be taken as a hell as volcano's are simply one type of door that can be passed through. Other types of doors do exist such as whirlpools, vortexes, and tornadoes all being common recognizable examples. The term underworld is derived from ancient texts but in ancient understanding the underworld is not a place of anguish specifically, but the home of a god good or bad.

Would you like to know more?

RE: Help with Geography homework - brainiac3397 - 09-13-2013 01:12 PM

(09-13-2013 05:57 AM)Alucard483 Wrote:  Volcano's are actually doors to the underworlds that can be passed through by the gods. Each one leads down through the crust of the earth before coming back into a new plane of existence. Each volcano is a completely different realm of existence and governed by its respective entity. The gods pick and choose who may pass safely through the fiery gates safely and the rest burn to a crisp. Painfully. Inactive volcanoes are doors that have been sealed shut. Sometimes in an event where the gods fight one another for dominance of eaches dimension, other times, events where human inhabitants play a role in the sealing the gate have been documented. Underworld is not to be taken as a hell as volcano's are simply one type of door that can be passed through. Other types of doors do exist such as whirlpools, vortexes, and tornadoes all being common recognizable examples. The term underworld is derived from ancient texts but in ancient understanding the underworld is not a place of anguish specifically, but the home of a god good or bad.

Would you like to know more?

What of those volcanoes that collapse, forming massive lakes? I guess those aren't just sealed shut, but no longer have a destination. Alas, the wars between gods obviously provide the reason behind this?

RE: Help with Geography homework - Alucard483 - 09-13-2013 02:19 PM

In some instances the door is simply destroyed or shut while the realm is left intact. In others the realm is destroyed with the gate being left intact sometimes the gate and the realm are both destroyed. A common reason that a gate may close is lack of sacrifice, human or otherwise. It is to be noted however that not all gods require sacrifice.

RE: Help with Geography homework - brainiac3397 - 09-13-2013 02:42 PM

The god of st.helen probably wanted sacrifices before he blasted his gate to the nether.