School Survival Forums
Getting through to the Occupy movement - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Getting through to the Occupy movement (/showthread.php?tid=24686)

Pages: 1 2

Getting through to the Occupy movement - SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT - 02-18-2012 02:56 AM

Ah, Occupy.

What a great name, and message, a huge group of people have finally organized and spread message of the corporate ruling, which us anarchists have been trying to do for centuries.

But unfortunately, I see a big problem with the movement.

It doesn't question industrial capitalism, and it's institutions. They only want reform and a backlash against the neo-liberal austerity measures and shit like the G20.

Today I cut school hoping I could participate in some occupy events, but unfortunately their schedule is talking about "Resegregating Public Schools, and stoping the closing of schools".

Sigh, pretty counterproductive. The problem with the movement is this, they want to maintain government spending, they acknowledge that the one percent rules, but they don't understand how power works.

basically, NOTHING WILL STOP THE CORPORATIONS FROM TIGHTENING THEIR CONTROL IN A TIME OF ECONOMIC CRISIS, AND THE GOVERNMENT WILL ALWAYS SERVE THE INTERESTS OF THE ECONOMY FIRST, NOT OF PEOPLE'S ACTUAL NEEDS.

And it will only continue to get worst. I mean, a airline in australia just went bankrupt and the people can't get back home.

The system works for THEM.

So, I'm going to a GA meeting tomorrow, and hopefully I can spread my message, that this reformist shit is not going to work, we need a general underground and aboveground resistance against industrial capitalism and move toward a sustainable future that meets everyone's basic needs.

I'll also speak out against the schooling system too.

WOD: Green entrepeneurs, and green capitalism is not sustainable. It's just oil factories with plants growing on the roof.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - 1312 - 02-18-2012 03:40 AM

I agree with you, we need a real movement, the united one and a real nig who knows his shit like Qaddafi.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Aya - 02-18-2012 05:46 AM

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Stadium - 02-18-2012 06:57 AM

lol what a bunch of dumbasses
What we need is a revolution not this occupy bullshit

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - HeartofShadows - 02-18-2012 07:38 AM

(02-18-2012 06:57 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  lol what a bunch of dumbasses

Occupy wallstreet needs to get their dumbasses to a computer and take a look at how greece is doing it. Fuckers could learn something.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - 1312 - 02-18-2012 07:57 AM

Yep, roasted. fucking. pigs.

Need I say more? Now where's bottle of spirit? >:-D

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - TheCancer - 02-18-2012 12:21 PM

Once Occupy got popular enough the traditional boring liberals took it over and started turning it into more of the the same old same old that it was originally against.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Aya - 02-18-2012 01:15 PM

(02-18-2012 07:38 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  

Occupy wallstreet needs to get their dumbasses to a computer and take a look at how greece is doing it. Fuckers could learn something.

Yes because violence is a great idea in a country policed by trigger happy assholes.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Efs - 02-18-2012 01:18 PM

Occupy? Revolution? Lol please.
Greeks can start a revolution much better.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Stadium - 02-18-2012 01:35 PM

(02-18-2012 01:15 PM)Aya Wrote:  
(02-18-2012 07:38 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  

Yes because violence is a great idea in a country policed by trigger happy assholes.

it is, we need to get those trigger happy assholes out of positions of power

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Aya - 02-18-2012 01:40 PM

Violence will not get them out of power. Violence will keep them in power and push more people to support them.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Desu - 02-18-2012 02:02 PM

(02-18-2012 01:40 PM)Aya Wrote:  Violence will not get them out of power. Violence will keep them in power and push more people to support them.

This.

A LOT of water would have to go under the bridge before we got to the point where a violent revolution would have efficacy. This isn't the 1700s anymore, and we aren't a colony. If protesters got really violent, they would be immediately shunned and demonized by the media, swarms of police forces would swoop in and easily round them up, and the movement would die immediately. It might even give the government a chance to pass through even more hegemonic laws using these "domestic terrorists" as an example.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Aya - 02-18-2012 02:33 PM

Let's not forget that each state has it's own fucking military (army and air guard) that it can call upon in times of civil unrest.

Let me put it this way: pretend I'm a national guard soldier and you're a violent protester.

You have a theatre mask, a tench coat, and a Molotov coctail

I have an m16 rifle, bullet proof clothing, and a minimum of three month professional soldier training (boot camp + mos school)

Come at me bro

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - gore goroth - 02-18-2012 02:39 PM

We gotta still give it some time. Eventually even parts of the military will turn against the government. I would imagine some states will form their own militias and turn against the national government.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - HeartofShadows - 02-18-2012 06:32 PM

(02-18-2012 01:40 PM)Aya Wrote:  Violence will not get them out of power. Violence will keep them in power and push more people to support them.

Occupy wall street gets their asses kicked either way(seen plenty of those videos).
Get arrested anyway and though I suppose violence isn't the only answer.
Belgium I believe has a nation wide work strike going on.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - HeartofShadows - 02-18-2012 06:38 PM

(02-18-2012 02:33 PM)Aya Wrote:  Let's not forget that each state has it's own fucking military (army and air guard) that it can call upon in times of civil unrest.

let me put it this way: pretend I'm a national guard soldier and you're a violent protester. You have a theatre mask, a tench coat, and a Molotov coctail
I have an m16 rifle, bullet proof clothing, and a minimum of three month professional soldier training (boot camp + mos school)
Come at me bro

Realism ftl!
Your right Aya though change my weapon load out for pipe bombs(can make some), molotovs, Mossburg shotgun, and a 357 magnum.
Also the guy fawkes mask is stupid as hell and a trenchcoat isn't combat effective.
Also your overestimating 3 months of soldier training.
Just most of my dad's family was in the military.
Still you have a huge point.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - 1312 - 02-18-2012 09:48 PM

We need more serious weapons then.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Efs - 02-18-2012 11:24 PM

Joining the "occupy revolulztion" with a guy fawkes mask and claiming to be a 1337anonymous ddosser is the cool thing to do apparently.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT - 02-19-2012 03:38 AM

NONVIOLENCE PROTECTS THE STATE.

We're all gonna die someday, I'd rather die fighting for a just cause, than playing bingo when I'm old and retired, reminiscing on how stupid and meaningless my life was working for a system that is destroying everything.

Honestly people, we need to stop this culture.

IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET.

FUck everything else, we need a fucking planet!

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Miller0700 - 02-19-2012 03:42 AM

Why die for a cause when you can live it now?

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT - 02-19-2012 03:49 AM

(02-19-2012 03:42 AM)Derchin Wrote:  Why die for a cause when you can live it now?

Dying for a cause is living for a cause. Who says you won't live on when you die?

Why be a bystander in an obviously fucked up culture, when I can do something about it.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Miller0700 - 02-19-2012 03:57 AM

(02-19-2012 03:49 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  
(02-19-2012 03:42 AM)Derchin Wrote:  Why die for a cause when you can live it now?

Dying for a cause is living for a cause. Who says you won't live on when you die?

Nope. Can't fight for a cause if your dead.

(02-19-2012 03:49 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  Why be a bystander in an obviously fucked up culture, when I can do something about it.

That's my point.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - UnschoolShqiponjë - 02-19-2012 04:15 AM

(02-19-2012 03:38 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  NONVIOLENCE PROTECTS THE STATE.

We're all gonna die someday, I'd rather die fighting for a just cause, than playing bingo when I'm old and retired, reminiscing on how stupid and meaningless my life was working for a system that is destroying everything.

IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET.

We will wipe ourselves out and the planet will correct itself, if it comes to that.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - HeartofShadows - 02-19-2012 04:26 AM

Damn crazy people ruining the mood. Razz

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Aya - 02-19-2012 05:01 AM

Shotgun, please shut the fuck up. You represent everything that is wrong with the Occupy movement as well as the current counterculture in America. You're ignorant, obnoxious and you contribute nothing in the way of ideas or solutions to the problems that plague society and our planet. All you do is sit on your ass, go online, and scream the same thing over and over again expecting a different reaction from us everytime. You're the definition of insanity. Every time you comment on this board I get the mental image of someone on lcd staring out into the night sky and just screaming, at the top of their lungs at a universe they can never hope to understand.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - gore goroth - 02-19-2012 05:35 AM

(02-19-2012 03:38 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  NONVIOLENCE PROTECTS THE STATE.

IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET
IT'S KILLING THE PLANET.

Okay then, what do you propose we do?

I'd really like to hear your plan for overthrowing the gubment.
[Image: 68999.jpg]

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT - 02-19-2012 05:37 AM

(02-19-2012 05:01 AM)Aya Wrote:  Shotgun, please shut the fuck up. You represent everything that is wrong with the Occupy movement as well as the current counterculture in America. You're ignorant, obnoxious and you contribute nothing in the way of ideas or solutions to the problems that plague society and our planet. All you do is sit on your ass, go online, and scream the same thing over and over again expecting a different reaction from us everytime. You're the definition of insanity. Every time you comment on this board I get the mental image of someone on lcd staring out into the night sky and just screaming, at the top of their lungs at a universe they can never hope to understand.

I actually am trying to get involved with the occupy movement, it just that I spend 75% of all of my time in school, eating, or rowing.

Everything you're saying is describing yourself.

Asking someone to shut the fuck up on their own post which you have the choice to ignore says to me that you blatantly look at opportunities to try to put someone down for speaking their mind, because their opinion is different than yours.

Your no different than an arrogant, linear minded, elitist.

Yeah I definitely think I am wasting my time on the internet arguing with people I know will never change,

but I have a Naive hope that I can effect change in the world.

I just do this cause I'm seriously bored,and my life under industrial capitalism is draining and limiting me, forcing me into dead ends.

I agree with nothing you honestly say or any of your points, except the fact that I, like you, am pathetic, because I'm on this shit.

But don't sit here and actually believe I'lll take serious when you whine and complain about the world's problems, distance yourself in apathy, bash any effective attempts at changing the system, like violence, and organizing with the Occupy movement.

You mistake my view on the Occupy movement, I think they are right, but they need to see some different points.

Quote:We will wipe ourselves out and the planet will correct itself, if it comes to that.

Firstly, we will wipe ourselves out, but will take down the majority of the planet.

Every 45 seconds a women i raped, people in Niger are going blind from damns being built, 3/4 of the world is starving.

200 species go extinct because of us each day.

We can actually kill the planet, bacteria can't survive in certain temperatures and if that temperatures get and higher, BOOM the end of all life on earth.

Stop being a millennialist, just because we can eat and live normal lives doesn't mean that the planet, which we depend on, isn't worth saying, or isn't important.

Or the people who are currently suffering for our privileges.

We need to take action, and stop being bystanders in this fucked up system and denying that the earth isn't dying and in pain.

Derichin,Confused

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - 1312 - 02-19-2012 07:24 AM

I'm with Shotgun.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - Aya - 02-19-2012 07:28 AM

(02-19-2012 05:37 AM)SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:  I actually am trying to get involved with the occupy movement, it just that I spend 75% of all of my time in school, eating, or rowing.

All the time you spend yet you still find the time to come online railing against the system and providing no real world solutions. I'm an elitist? Maybe by SS standards. But lets face it shotgun, at least I work towards fixing the problems that you only pretend to care so much about. I contribute both time and money to ecological charities, I'm an active proponent of sustainable living. I'm also an active blood donor and an animal rights activist (sans medical research -- we need that). What the fuck do you do? You go online and talk about how your trying to get involved with the Occupy movement. How hard is it for you to get involved? Buy a bus ticket to New York. Or hitch hike. It's not that hard for you to get involved in the Occupy movement yet you keep coming back to this board screaming nonsense and saying that you're trying to get involved. which is bullshit.

Quote:Asking someone to shut the fuck up on their own post which you have the choice to ignore says to me that you blatantly look at opportunities to try to put someone down for speaking their mind, because their opinion is different than yours.

Shotgun I'm able to respect opinions that are different than mine. Thats' why if you notice, I'm rarely if ever involved in a religion/atheism thread on this site. Because people have different opinions and thats a fight I refuse to get into. But when someone goes in front of me and makes claims with either non-existant or unsubstantial evidence, I'm going to call shit

Quote:Every 45 seconds a women i raped,

what are you doing about it?

Quote:people in Niger are going blind from damns being built, 3/4 of the world is starving.

Again with the unsubstantiated claims. 3/4ths of the world is starving, really? According to worldhunger.org that number is really around 14%. http://www.worldhunger.com. It's the first result from google when you type in "world population in starvation" into google.

RE: Getting through to the Occupy movement - SaintVicious - 02-19-2012 08:34 AM

75% of the world is starving? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh wow