School Survival Forums
Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Support & Psychology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Our Ever-Shifting Imaginations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams (/showthread.php?tid=2418)

Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - aaaaaaasd - 12-07-2010 05:52 AM

Seriously, for the past few nights every dream has ended with me sinking very quickly to the bottom of a large mass of water. Does this mean anything?

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - MorikoMisa - 12-07-2010 06:24 AM

Someone's gonna get drowned.

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Cilaos - 12-07-2010 06:38 AM

ben druwned

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - The Desert Fox - 12-07-2010 07:22 AM

U GONNA GET DROWNED

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Vatman - 12-07-2010 07:25 AM

Symbolically of course drowning is kind of straight forward, its almost always a parallel of being overwhelmed in some such way. I suggest trying to find out what the water tastes like, metaphorically speaking.

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Sociopath - 12-07-2010 08:43 AM

Seems like my mind is trying to kill me. Seriously, Drowning is just one of the few ways sleep paralysis always hits in and I almost suffocate to death. An experience just steps in and simulates me dying, and my mind just goes with it, like its ACTUALLY happening, here's a list of how many ways I've almost died:

Drowning in lake
Crushed by boulder
Crushed by falling car
Drowning in water park
Crucifixion, and burning
Gunshot to throat while robbing bank
Throat slit by one of those weird Las Plagas monsters in RE4
Mauled by bear
Mauled by dog
Mauled by wolves
Mauled by oversized housecat
Repeatedly stabbed by tribesman with spears
Beaten to death by construction worker with hammer for trying to set off a bomb at a construction site

Luckily, I pull through just at the end but it takes every ounce of strength, I feel like i have the strength of a kitten, really.

At least I won't have to worry about dying peacefully in my sleep. I need to pick a good date to an hero; I want to see it coming.

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - aaaaaaasd - 12-08-2010 01:50 AM

well gee thanks for clearing my mind of worry you guys

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Aya - 12-08-2010 02:21 AM

Sociopath Wrote:here's a list of how many ways I've almost died [in my dreams]:

Drowning in lake
Crushed by boulder
Crushed by falling car
Drowning in water park
Crucifixion, and burning
Gunshot to throat while robbing bank
Throat slit by one of those weird Las Plagas monsters in RE4
Mauled by bear
Mauled by dog
Mauled by wolves
Mauled by oversized housecat
Repeatedly stabbed by tribesman with spears
Beaten to death by construction worker with hammer for trying to set off a bomb at a construction site

You are one weird mother fucker

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - The Desert Fox - 12-08-2010 04:15 AM

Funny. I've had a dream where I beat a guy to death with a hammer when he was trying to plant a bomb at the site where I was working to construct a new building.

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - యూజర్ పేరు - 12-08-2010 09:00 AM

The only time I ever "died" in a dream was when I jumped out of the third story window at my school. I dreamed that I had tried to do a school shooting, but I used a nail gun that was loaded with thumbtacks. After getting three confirmed injuries, someone switched the police on and I didn't want to get caught so I jumped out a window.

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Vatman - 12-08-2010 10:03 AM

Maybe u like found out u wuz a mermaid or something, idk lulz

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - SuperiorDiplomat - 12-08-2010 01:39 PM

I have something kind of similar. I have a recurring dream about falling. Like every night for a while now, I wake up when I hit the ground. When I hit the ground usually in the dream - I jolt very violently in real life which wakes me up.

Re: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Sociopath - 12-09-2010 11:12 AM

SuperiorDiplomat Wrote:I have something kind of similar. I have a recurring dream about falling. Like every night for a while now, I wake up when I hit the ground. When I hit the ground usually in the dream - I jolt very violently in real life which wakes me up.
Same here. I fall into a black abyss and then jolt awake

RE: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - john2567 - 04-16-2012 12:57 PM

as someone said before the drowning could be simulated by you being overwhelmed in real life. has you been getting alot of work lately or too much is going on? if so change something. find away to clear you schedule up and get some relaxing. if it keeps happening i suggest seeing a therapist as people on this site mostlikly arent legally therapists

Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - EntityCubed - 02-21-2013 06:50 AM

They say if you drown alone that "When you are drowning in your dreams, likely, you feel out of control in real life. You are overwhelmed with your current situation. In fact, you are so overwhelmed that your troubles are figuratively drowning you. You are sinking further into debt, experiencing lack of progression or even depression. Your life is too much for you to handle alone."

One of my drowning dreams/nightmares was much more realistic, I actually held my breath while I was sleeping.

Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - brainiac3397 - 02-21-2013 08:41 AM

YOU'RE THIRSTY FOOL!

RE: Recurring theme of drowning in my dreams - Alucard483 - 02-23-2013 06:09 AM

You have a pissing fetish