School Survival Forums
Hi. - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hi. (/showthread.php?tid=241)

Hi. - Anaire - 08-01-2011 06:48 PM

Hello. I'm Anaire. I found this website by searching "School Rebellion" on Google, looking for stories to, I dunno, give me hope? Or something?

A bit about myself:
I despise school and all the teachers and other children there. It's not like I'm stupid-I'm actually top of my class. I'm not lazy and don't want to do the work. My problem is the teachers' ignorance and stupidity, the children's...well, childishness to an unbearable level, the fact that the system is designed to help the lower kids who don't try at ALL and really couldn't care less, while neglecting the kids who are going to be prescribing you medicine to help with your back pain in the future, and because it's basically just a prison to keep kids during the day while using the thin facade of "It helps!". I don't think kids committing suicide and the like because they are bulled by kids and teachers is helpful.
Sorry. Rant over.
Anyways, I'm a bit moody and the mere mention of school can send me into a rant. It doesn't help that in a week I'm going back to school and have to get shots, which sucks because I am absolutely terrified of needles.

Re: Hi. - UnschoolShqiponjë - 08-01-2011 09:59 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Have fun... it's a pretty cool place.

Re: Hi. - thewake - 08-01-2011 10:21 PM

A bit of a warning:

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi, talking about School-Survival.Net.

Re: Hi. - IllusoryDeath - 08-02-2011 12:28 AM

Welcome to S-S. Really...feel free to rant; that's what it is here for. We can all align with what you are feeling on this subject, at least.

Also, shots for school? Ugh - just ugh.

Re: Hi. - thewake - 08-02-2011 12:29 AM

IllusoryDeath Wrote:Also, shots for school? Ugh - just ugh.
Cry me a river. If shots were the only thing bad about school I'd be happy to go. Mostly because shots don't bother me all that much.

Public health and all that.

Re: Hi. - Blobthe15 - 08-02-2011 01:34 AM

Weswammy Wrote:
Cry me a river. If shots were the only thing bad about school I'd be happy to go. Mostly because shots don't bother me all that much.

Unless the shots has some bad side effects.
Good to have you here.

Re: Hi. - SaintVicious - 08-02-2011 01:49 AM

Dragonair is weak son.

Re: Hi. - The Desert Fox - 08-02-2011 04:04 AM

Weswammy Wrote:

Fuck you. Being poked with needles are on my top ten list of things I've experienced in life that I hate.

Oh, and welcome to the forums Anaire.

Re: Hi. - thewake - 08-02-2011 05:03 AM

The Desert Fox Wrote:
Weswammy Wrote:

Fuck you. Being poked with needles are on my top ten list of things I've experienced in life that I hate.
I'm not a big needle fan either, but I really hate polio, chicken pox, and meningitis.

Re: Hi. - Phrozen_Soul - 08-02-2011 10:34 AM

Weswammy Wrote:I'm not a big needle fan either, but I really hate polio, chicken pox, and meningitis.

Bitch please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis

Although around 90% of polio infections cause no symptoms at all, affected individuals can exhibit a range of symptoms if the virus enters the blood stream.[3] In about 1% of cases the virus enters the central nervous system, preferentially infecting and destroying motor neurons, leading to muscle weakness and acute flaccid paralysis

Re: Hi. - thewake - 08-02-2011 10:42 AM

Phrozen_Soul Wrote:
Weswammy Wrote:I'm not a big needle fan either, but I really hate polio, chicken pox, and meningitis.

Bitch please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis

Although around 90% of polio infections cause no symptoms at all, affected individuals can exhibit a range of symptoms if the virus enters the blood stream.[3] In about 1% of cases the virus enters the central nervous system, preferentially infecting and destroying motor neurons, leading to muscle weakness and acute flaccid paralysis
There are many people who have suffered with polio. Presidents, actors, etc. And don't forget all the average people that have had it. There are polio epidemics. They do hurt people. It is a public health risk.

Re: Hi. - batboy138 - 08-02-2011 01:57 PM

FRESH MEAT!

Re: Hi. - Anaire - 08-03-2011 12:04 AM

My mom just took me to get shots. The worst part? She didn't even tell me. I thought I was going to go to horse riding lessons, then go home like usual. But no. Unknown to my knowledge, she took me to riding lessons, and then, without even telling me on the ride there, took me to the health clinic to get a fucking Tetnis shot.

Re: Hi. - thewake - 08-03-2011 12:17 AM

Anaire Wrote:My mom just took me to get shots. The worst part? She didn't even tell me. I thought I was going to go to horse riding lessons, then go home like usual. But no. Unknown to my knowledge, she took me to riding lessons, and then, without even telling me on the ride there, took me to the health clinic to get a fucking Tetnis shot.
Look on the bright side, at least now you won't get Tetanus. The disease is worse than the shots.

Re: Hi. - SoulRiser - 08-03-2011 04:34 AM

I don't remember ever getting shots for stuff... and I've never had chicken pox or measles or whatever else all those other common things are that everybody is supposed to get once in their life. Confused

Also, welcome. We don't bite... unless you want us to. Razz

Re: Hi. - thewake - 08-03-2011 04:40 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:I don't remember ever getting shots for stuff... and I've never had chicken pox or measles or whatever else all those other common things are that everybody is supposed to get once in their life. Confused
You live in South Africa, so maybe there aren't laws requiring that stuff there.

Which is stupid, because Africa is an epidemic waiting to happen.

Re: Hi. - UnschoolShqiponjë - 08-03-2011 05:36 AM

Anaire Wrote:My mom just took me to get shots. The worst part? She didn't even tell me. I thought I was going to go to horse riding lessons, then go home like usual. But no. Unknown to my knowledge, she took me to riding lessons, and then, without even telling me on the ride there, took me to the health clinic to get a fucking Tetnis shot.

That sux... too bad she lied to you. My mom would always get me McDonalds after a needle haha so I never cared too much... now needles don't even bother me I get them myself when needed.

Re: Hi. - IllusoryDeath - 08-03-2011 07:13 AM

batboy138 Wrote:FRESH MEAT!

Rolleyes

Re: Hi. - Phrozen_Soul - 08-03-2011 08:42 AM

Ouch. Isn't Tetnis something you get by getting an infected wound? Anyway that sucks. I love horses. And horse riding. Also, welcome!

Re: Hi. - Unwilling_Authority - 08-03-2011 09:31 AM

Welcome to the forums , I'm quite new myself.

Btw , I love your use of vocabulary , its so hard to find people who use it anymore.

Re: Hi. - The Desert Fox - 08-03-2011 10:07 AM

Phrozen_Soul Wrote:

Ouch. Isn't Tetnis something you get by getting an infected wound? Anyway that sucks. I love horses. And horse riding. Also, welcome!
You can get tetanus by basically cutting yourself on rusted metal. Something about the bacteria in rust, if I remember correctly.

Speaking of which, I remember at OP: Proud Warrior II one of the guys got a puncture wound on his knee when he accidentally kneeled down on some rusted barbed wire during the night ops. He was OK since he had a tetanus shot a couple years prior and went to the doctor the next day after everything wound down, but still.

Re: Hi. - batboy138 - 08-03-2011 10:26 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:I don't remember ever getting shots for stuff... and I've never had chicken pox or measles or whatever else all those other common things are that everybody is supposed to get once in their life. Confused

Also, welcome. We don't bite... unless you want us to. Razz
That's a lie, we'll bite whether you want us to or not. :troll:

Second, you didn't get Chicken Pox? Or a shot for it? Not only are you at risk, but you could also get Shingles. I'm at risk of getting Shingles because I had Chicken Pox.

Re: Hi. - Anaire - 08-04-2011 12:14 PM

Nah, I already got Chicken Pox shots about two years earlier.

Re: Hi. - HeartofShadows - 08-04-2011 12:28 PM

Welcome to SS.
Hope you enjoy your stay. Welcome

Re: Hi. - UnschoolShqiponjë - 08-04-2011 12:36 PM

Anaire Wrote:Nah, I already got Chicken Pox shots about two years earlier.

*Hobbles over using a cane for balance* Back in my day our parents let us catch the chicken pox! After the first case it never re-appears! Kids and their vaccinations these days! *Grumbles incoherently and walks off*

Re: Hi. - SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT - 08-04-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:My problem is the teachers' ignorance and stupidity, the children's...well, childishness to an unbearable level, the fact that the system is designed to help the lower kids who don't try at ALL and really couldn't care less, while neglecting the kids who are going to be prescribing you medicine to help with your back pain in the future, and because it's basically just a prison to keep kids during the day while using the thin facade of "It helps!". I don't think kids committing suicide and the like because they are bulled by kids and teachers is helpful.

Actually the failure kids and the cocksucking kids get equally as much attention. It's just the kids that don't want to be there get negative attention and the straight asses get opportunities.