School Survival Forums
Self-Entitlement - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Self-Entitlement (/showthread.php?tid=24048)

Self-Entitlement - Sapphire Flames - 01-24-2012 08:52 AM

What is it with teachers and self-entitlement? They act like every time they do a tiny "favor", like not giving us homework, they act like they just handed us a reprieve from the firing squad, and like we should brown nose them for life now. Take today for example, I was reading in 8th period and she was droning on about adjectives or something, and she said my name in a stern voice.

"What?"
"While you were reading, I told some people to go get their workbooks."
"Okay"
"Don't worry, I'll let you use a pass."

It wasn't what she said, it was how she said it. She said it with the most annoying tone, like she was doing me some huge favor. They get to go for free and I have to use one of my precious passes, Gee thanks teacher!

I mean, it's bad enough when you act like your homework is the most important thing in our life right now, I can take it when you act like it's a grievous offense to all humanity and things good when we don't do your homework, and I can even take it like the French because my parents tell me to when you make snide, sarcastic, and rude responses to my every action like the bullies you protest.

But when you act like the all-might fucking ruler of my world, because you jack up the consequences of my "mistakes", and act like I should suck your dick for it, you can go fuck off.

RE: Self-Entitlement - aCol - 01-24-2012 08:55 AM

One. True. Post.

RE: Self-Entitlement - UnschoolShqiponjë - 01-24-2012 09:07 AM

Teachers often get the job so they can have power over others. Nothing more to it, just assholes abusing power and thinking they are "helping" you.

RE: Self-Entitlement - UltraRobot - 01-24-2012 12:52 PM

(01-24-2012 09:07 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Teachers often get the job so they can have power over others. Nothing more to it, just assholes abusing power and thinking they are "helping" you.

True that.