School Survival Forums
Hair dye rules - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Hair dye rules (/showthread.php?tid=23515)

Pages: 1 2

Hair dye rules - RammsteinFearFactory - 01-07-2012 07:48 AM

I don't get it, it's hair dye for God's sake, not a permanent tattoo of a bad partner's name or dope or something.

RE: Hair dye rules - Stadium - 01-07-2012 09:09 AM

I would never dye my hair because I couldn't give less of a fuck how I look...but if you like dyeing you hair, more to power to you!! Fuck the haters!

RE: Hair dye rules - Prince Rilian - 01-07-2012 09:11 AM

Are you talking about in school? Like how they say you can't dye your hair "unnatural" colors? In my school, no one actually paid attention to that stupid rule. But, like, they said it was because "weird" hair is a distraction.

RE: Hair dye rules - Miller0700 - 01-07-2012 09:11 AM

Where is all this coming from.

RE: Hair dye rules - RammsteinFearFactory - 01-07-2012 10:23 AM

(01-07-2012 09:09 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  I would never dye my hair because I couldn't give less of a fuck how I look...but if you like dyeing you hair, more to power to you!! Fuck the haters!

I don't dye my hair.

(01-07-2012 09:11 AM)Derchin Wrote:  Where is all this coming from.

One of my internet friends wanted to dye their hair red, but school didn't let them.

RE: Hair dye rules - Elfy - 01-07-2012 10:39 AM

Lol, my old school was strict on this. College = can go rainbow if you want.

I've got a friend who wants to dye my fringe pink. I wouldn't mind trying neon green though.

RE: Hair dye rules - Efs - 01-07-2012 11:18 AM

Our school has restrictions on hairstyles. Not as strict as others, but at my school "extreme" hairstyles are forbidden...lol
It shouldn't even matter o.O

RE: Hair dye rules - Efs - 01-07-2012 11:18 AM

Our school has restrictions on hairstyles. Not as strict as others, but at my school "extreme" hairstyles are forbidden...lol

RE: Hair dye rules - LOON_ATTIC - 01-07-2012 11:29 AM

Had to cut my hair all the time in Venezuela. Some guy got pretty pissed that they wanted him to cut his hair and I supported him...

Supposedly in a school one of my friends goes to males can have mohawks but not long hair.

RE: Hair dye rules - Elfy - 01-07-2012 11:40 AM

So I'm getting my fringe done neon green tomorrow, should be interesting.

RE: Hair dye rules - aCol - 01-07-2012 11:50 AM

(01-07-2012 09:11 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  Are you talking about in school? Like how they say you can't dye your hair "unnatural" colors? In my school, no one actually paid attention to that stupid rule. But, like, they said it was because "weird" hair is a distraction.

How short sighted they are. Its only "weird" in the begining, nobodys gonna give a fuck later on. Whats with personal freedom? How stupid are they?Noo

RE: Hair dye rules - Prince Rilian - 01-07-2012 01:07 PM

(01-07-2012 11:50 AM)aCol Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 09:11 AM)Prince Rilian Wrote:  Are you talking about in school? Like how they say you can't dye your hair "unnatural" colors? In my school, no one actually paid attention to that stupid rule. But, like, they said it was because "weird" hair is a distraction.

How short sighted they are. Its only "weird" in the begining, nobodys gonna give a fuck later on. Whats with personal freedom? How stupid are they?Noo

Yeah, there was a guy in my high school who had a mohawk and then he cut it off and that was a distraction.

RE: Hair dye rules - Phrozen_Soul - 01-07-2012 02:59 PM

(01-07-2012 11:40 AM)Elfy Wrote:  So I'm getting my fringe done neon green tomorrow, should be interesting.

That will be ah... crap you already said interesting.

My school when I was in 6th Grade was much more lenient. I loved it. It's where cruel bastards like me could prosper.

OT: One of my favorite memories, was the agenda passes. My school operates with 9 passes in the back of your agenda for each quarter, now what I picked up on, was that you could buy agendas in the office for $10. God that year was amazing. I pretty much never had a shortage of customers, once kids figured they could just get more, they started getting looser with their passes.

There were two best parts, one when the office had a small... ah... shortage. They charged $10 for every agenda then, so I charged $20, business was down quite a bit, but the $5 increase in profit meant I could stock up on them, an agenda for every one sold, where as before it was every two sold. Amazing year. In 6th grade there was an underground market for the students, the teachers never found out, I ran a pretty good front, those were the days.

RE: Hair dye rules - fish20 - 01-09-2012 02:42 PM

STUDENTS: OMG LOOK AT YOUR HAIR OMG I WONT DO MY WORK CAUSE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!O_O_O_O_O!

TEACHER: OMG WOULD YOU PLEASE NOT DYE YOUR HAIR GREEN IT IS TOO DISTRACTING.

(From School Boards' Mind)

RE: Hair dye rules - RammsteinFearFactory - 01-10-2012 05:23 AM

(01-09-2012 02:42 PM)fish20 Wrote:  STUDENTS: OMG LOOK AT YOUR HAIR OMG I WONT DO MY WORK CAUSE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!O_O_O_O_O!

TEACHER: OMG WOULD YOU PLEASE NOT DYE YOUR HAIR GREEN IT IS TOO DISTRACTING.

(From School Boards' Mind)

RE: Hair dye rules - geek - 01-10-2012 05:31 AM

To be fair, when I dyed my hair blonde everyone in my class was like "OMG! Have you dyed your hair!!!"

No, it changes colour randomly -.-

But by lunch time no one really cared, teachers cant seem to realize after a day no one really give shit what some has done to their hair.

It is not like every day I still get people asking about my hair :/

RE: Hair dye rules - RammsteinFearFactory - 01-10-2012 05:37 AM

(01-10-2012 05:31 AM)geek Wrote:  To be fair, when I dyed my hair blonde everyone in my class was like "OMG! Have you dyed your hair!!!"

But by lunch time no one really cared, teachers cant seem to realize after a day no one really give shit what some has done to their hair.

OMG DID YOU DYE YOUR HAIR OR DID A UFO KIDNAP YOU AND PUT SOME CHEMICALS SO IT ILLUMINATERS A MYSTERIOUS SHINY BLONDE OMG THE CURIOSITY KILLS ME IT PUTS ME OFF WORK

RE: Hair dye rules - geek - 01-10-2012 08:21 AM

(01-10-2012 05:37 AM)Waterlootube97 Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 05:31 AM)geek Wrote:  To be fair, when I dyed my hair blonde everyone in my class was like "OMG! Have you dyed your hair!!!"

OMG DID YOU DYE YOUR HAIR OR DID A UFO KIDNAP YOU AND PUT SOME CHEMICALS SO IT ILLUMINATERS A MYSTERIOUS SHINY BLONDE OMG THE CURIOSITY KILLS ME IT PUTS ME OFF WORK

2 days later...

OMG DID YOU DYE YOUR HAIR... NO... YOU CUT IT..YOU ARE WEARING EXTENSION- SOMETHING HAS BEEN DONE TO YOUR HAIR! SORRY TEACHER I WILL NEVER WORK UNTIL I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT GEEK DID TO HER HAIR!!!

RE: Hair dye rules - Stadium - 01-11-2012 03:26 AM

Ohh! You met hair dye rules, not like it rules the world, but the specific rules related to hair dye. I just got that.

RE: Hair dye rules - The Shadowman - 01-11-2012 04:41 AM

You can dye your hair freely in my school, and you can get whatever hairstyle you want. But, if it isn't a popular hairstyle or a strange colour of dye, prepare for a bollocking by the students and mocking comments by the teachers.

RE: Hair dye rules - aCol - 01-11-2012 06:16 AM

Mocking comments of the teachers aren't bad if you know to counter them - they can't mock you and then punish you if you give them a sarcastic answer.

RE: Hair dye rules - McGee! - 01-11-2012 06:44 AM

(01-07-2012 11:50 AM)aCol Wrote:  

Mostly it just refers to colors that you can't be born with, or can't actually grow, but we'll see what genetic engineering does to that. At some point.

RE: Hair dye rules - Marlena403 - 02-03-2017 02:02 AM

(01-07-2012 11:18 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our school has restrictions on hairstyles. Not as strict as others, but at my school "extreme" hairstyles are forbidden...lol

In my school extreme hairstyles are forbidden too. Unnatural hair colours are also not allowed, but people don't care about this rule and teachers would only punish students for unnatural hair colours if they're in Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. Year 12's and Year 13's aren't allowed to have unnatural hair colours either, but for some reason they don't get punished.

Hair dye rules - Geicosuave - 02-03-2017 09:38 AM

In my middle school one of my friends was told they had to ndye their hair and said ok, then never did it and they didnt notice.
In that middle school, unnatural hair colors weren't allowed but that was never enforced
In my high school it's allowed

Hair dye rules - The Unleasher - 02-09-2017 08:21 AM

I'm personally happy with my natural hair colour and I find no need to change it. People can dye it if they want. It's just if they dye it some extreme colour where I am, they're assumed to be some sort of SJW or goth.

Hair dye rules - Rule_BreakerXVIII - 02-09-2017 04:56 PM

I was born with "weird" hair; in a sea of black-haired kids, I stood out b/c my hair is naturally light brown. School didn't make much of a fuss over it, apart from the "Is that your natural hair color?" questions at the start of every year.

Hair dye rules - magok - 02-12-2017 09:38 PM

why does anyone wants to look like cotton candy anyway ?

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/08/sugar/img/03-cotton-candy-580v.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JKlzGIsCO2g/hqdefault.jpg

RE: Hair dye rules - The man - 02-19-2017 01:51 AM

(02-12-2017 09:38 PM)magok Wrote:  why does anyone wants to look like cotton candy anyway ?

Do you really care?

RE: Hair dye rules - the Analogist - 02-19-2017 02:09 AM

I feel like people with purposely different hair are a tad more likely to be cool to talk to.

Hair dye rules - Rule_BreakerXVIII - 03-14-2017 02:12 AM

IMO it's another way to exercise control and dominance over young people; just like uniforms, cell phone rules and so on. A reasonable dress code can be useful, or even beneficial, but school rules are rarely reasonable.