School Survival Forums
Graphics card fucked? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Site & Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Help, Support & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Graphics card fucked? (/showthread.php?tid=23301)

Graphics card fucked? - aaaaaaasd - 12-26-2011 12:53 AM

nvm everything works

RE: Graphics card fucked? - Efs - 12-26-2011 01:00 AM

I've got the 5770 and that plays every game on max graphics. So 6770 must be good.
Problem could be:
-Faulty monitor or graphics card.
-Not enough power supply.
-Somehow install drivers ?
-Corrupt BIOS (boot in safe mode)
-Corrupt OS (probably not)
-Bad Hard drive (probably not)
-Motherboard problems or parts not installed properly.

I probably didn't help much. I'm sorry, but hope all goes well. NOTHING appears on the screen at all? Not one single thing? Does the PC shutdown, reboot, or stay on but just screen stays off?

RE: Graphics card fucked? - aaaaaaasd - 12-26-2011 01:06 AM

(12-26-2011 01:00 AM)Efs Wrote:  I've got the 5770 and that plays every game on max graphics. So 6770 must be good.
Problem could be:

I probably didn't help much. I'm sorry, but hope all goes well. NOTHING appears on the screen at all? Not one single thing? Does the PC shutdown, reboot, or stay on but just screen stays off?
The monitor works fine with the integrated and I got a new PSU for Christmas too, 700W so power shouldn't be a problem. Everything works fine, even with integrated, until I install the card.
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6770_DC2DI1GD5/#overview
for reference

I'm installing the drivers for it now under the vague hope it'll work when I put it back in for the 7th time, should I do the CMOS battery reset thing?

update: I'm updating my BIOS, quite stupid really I didn't think of that before and it's the probably the reason it doesn't work (the card is PCI-E 2.1 but the mobo is 2.0 but apparently they are backwards compatible so yeah) hopefully this will fix the proablem

RE: Graphics card fucked? - Efs - 12-26-2011 01:15 AM

(12-26-2011 01:06 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  
(12-26-2011 01:00 AM)Efs Wrote:  I've got the 5770 and that plays every game on max graphics. So 6770 must be good.
Problem could be:

The monitor works fine with the integrated and I got a new PSU for Christmas too, 700W so power shouldn't be a problem. Everything works fine, even with integrated, until I install the card.
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6770_DC2DI1GD5/#overview
for reference

I'm installing the drivers for it now under the vague hope it'll work when I put it back in for the 7th time, should I do the CMOS battery reset thing?

Ahhh maybe wait for another member's opinion. Try it if you want, maybe try the GPU on another compatible PC? It could be faulty.
Good luck.

RE: Graphics card fucked? - gore goroth - 12-26-2011 07:33 AM

Since I am in a thread about Christmas graphics card rants, let me just say that... MY FUCKING 300$ GRAPHICS CARD IS TOO BIG TO FIT IN THE COMPUTER!!!!![Image: indoctrination_outrage_theater_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg]
The power supply is too big too and I had to move the CD drive forward and make it stick out so it can barely fit. I just know I am going to outrage at bestbuy tommorow, since they were sure everything would fit.

RE: Graphics card fucked? - aaaaaaasd - 12-26-2011 08:34 AM

would it ruin your day even more to announce that now everything works just fine?

RE: Graphics card fucked? - gore goroth - 12-26-2011 10:13 AM

Baron, how big is your PC tower thingy? I only got a 530W power supply and I could barely fit the damn thing in.

RE: Graphics card fucked? - LOON_ATTIC - 12-26-2011 10:35 AM

(12-26-2011 10:13 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  Baron, how big is your PC tower thingy? I only got a 530W power supply and I could barely fit the damn thing in.

buy a megaATX case

RE: Graphics card fucked? - aaaaaaasd - 12-26-2011 10:06 PM

it's a mid tower but it fits my rather long GFXcard in fine

you running some kind of quantum computing operation son?

RE: Graphics card fucked? - gore goroth - 12-27-2011 09:26 AM

UPDATE: So I took the computer box back to best buy and it is a smaller computer tower. Shit isn't going to fit so I got my money back. I'm still going to keep the graphics card and power supply and just go to a computer shop and have them build me a custom computer for cheaper since I still have the graphics card and power supply.