School Survival Forums
Jesus Camp (Full) - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Movies/TV/Videos/Books (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Jesus Camp (Full) (/showthread.php?tid=19673)

Jesus Camp (Full) - Abandoning Ship - 12-25-2006 12:40 PM

http://www.atheistnation.net/video.php?p=37

Wow...that first part just shocked me behind words....my mouth hung open while I watched the part when they were chanting..

- Freak - 12-25-2006 01:25 PM

I refuse to submit myself to such terror

- Guest - 12-25-2006 02:16 PM

That was a waste of ten minutes. My response... meh. There are many paths up the mountain of enlightenment. Not to say the path shown in the video is a good one. There are many mountains, including those of ignorance.

Holy shit. I had a feeling of deja vu for a feeling of deja vu for writing this post. Woah... too much eggnog.

- Doc Johnson - 12-26-2006 02:49 AM

I don't believe that they are less than human. True believers like those have a tendency to treat the non-believer as less than human. I don't want a world free of them, but they want a world free of me and people like me. So, tell me again why I shouldn't be scared of these people.

- Guest - 12-26-2006 02:11 PM

I feel a more important question is what are they willing to do to get a homogeneous world. There are many people, lifestyles, and beliefs that I believe should be wiped from the face of the Earth. But I would never get kill them for that reason. If they believe I am less than human I would try to persuade them I am a person. If our beliefs conflicted and they responded to this conflict with violence, I would defend myself, violently if I need to.

Only be scared when there is serious talk about getting rid of people.

- Doc Johnson - 12-27-2006 12:41 AM

You remember that Left Behind video game I posted about? There's the dress rehearsal. Scared yet?

- Guest - 12-27-2006 11:41 AM

Fear is an irrational emotion and I'm not scared yet. I'm still worried though.

- Rebelnerd - 12-27-2006 11:44 AM

what? fear is probably the most rational and useful emotion of them all, it helps you know what to do in a potentially dangerous situation. without fear, how would you know if there was a threat? in a situation like this fear is good, because it can serve as a warning.

- Guest - 12-27-2006 11:57 AM

I fully understand the importance of emotions. I meant that fear isn't something you make a conscious decision about. I recognize that this situation is bad but I am not afraid of it.

- Doc Johnson - 12-27-2006 03:35 PM

Fear is different than anxiety, which I think Kirby means.

- Guest - 12-27-2006 03:38 PM

I mean that people do not always get the emotions suited for a situation.

- 0bliiVioN - 01-12-2007 10:27 PM

I saw this on late night news.The priestess or leader or whatever the fuck you want to call her was calling a little girl a non-believer and a heathen and some other things I can't remember,and the girl was crying.I just wanted to hug her and tell it was okay.You don't tell children,let alone anyone,that their God wants them to rage war against countries that don't have the same faith.

- Rebelnerd - 04-10-2007 05:04 AM

wow. i just saw the whole thing...HOLY FUCKING SHIT. jesus is rolling over in his grave cause of these people, they had a fucking cardboard cutout of Bush and were praying for it! and those kids all dressed in camo chanting and calling themselves "God's Army," that was just scary. one thing though, in the part where the little girl, Rachael or whatever her name was, was bowling and prays to Jesus for a strike before she rolls, if you look closely over her shoulder afterwards you can see she got a gutterball. Laugh

- youvebeenthunderstruck - 04-10-2007 07:18 AM

the truly ironic thing is that jesus christ himself (and i do believe he probably existed, just like any philosopher who went against his or her, though mostly his, time) was a saint (no pun intended)

- Rebelnerd - 04-10-2007 07:53 AM

yeah. he preached PEACE, i mean come on! if he saw this shit he'd have a goddamn seizure. if he is really god's son then the reason he's probably never come back is because he's so pissed at these people that he's too embarassed.

- Guest - 04-10-2007 08:07 AM

[Image: p7jze4jggsxmthjojlxrszagy8.gif]

- Rebelnerd - 04-10-2007 08:17 AM

AHM TEH HOLY SPIRIT MUTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Dark Soul X - 04-11-2007 04:34 AM

Kirby Wrote:[Image: p7jze4jggsxmthjojlxrszagy8.gif]
So it was Jesus who killed Tony Montana....WHY!?