School Survival Forums
You guys are gonna love this.... - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: You guys are gonna love this.... (/showthread.php?tid=17043)

You guys are gonna love this.... - Cosbydaf - 10-18-2007 10:41 AM

So today I was sitting in 4th period, being bored, when I'm told to go to the library. When I get there, it turns out that they're having a celebration for the people who did Summer Reading.

Now, here's the funny parts:

1. Only 12 people(counting me) in the WHOLE SCHOOL actually did Summer Reading. I suspected it'd be something like that, but I busted out laughing when they actually told me it was true.

2. I didn't even read one of the books I wrote my report on!

And even better I got free pizza and candy out of it too! Not bad, eh?

- Darthmat - 10-18-2007 10:45 AM

Rofl

COOWUL!!!

- Cosbydaf - 10-18-2007 10:49 AM

darthmat Wrote:Rofl

COOWUL!!!

Yeah, I was chuckling to myself the whole time, it was great!

- thewake - 10-18-2007 11:51 AM

I'm loving this! Laugh

- . - 10-18-2007 11:59 AM

HaHaHaHaHa Laugh

School is pathetic, It really is. Laugh

but... Omg Why did you even do it? Razz

- Cosbydaf - 10-18-2007 12:05 PM

Mr.AtomicExplosion Wrote:but... Omg Why did you even do it? Razz

EDIT: Oh, you mean Summer reading.

My mom made me do it, lol.

- . - 10-18-2007 12:18 PM

My mom treats me like an adult, She listens to me but she still defends it, She knows I'm right, I've exposed her to so much stuff. She always says "Well what do you want to do about it" and I suggest Homeschooling and she tells me I'll make no friends and I'll regret not getting my diploma and all the senior stuff like she did when she dropped out and got her G.E.D, She is kinda right in a sense, but working so hard four years in a system I don't believe in, To be a little happier at the end. Its just not for me. Shrug

- Faust - 10-18-2007 12:29 PM

In our school, "Summer Reading" is mandatory. You have to select two books from their shitty list of 15 and do a book report. Naturally, forcing kids to read prescribed, politically correct books is the way to get them to appreciate reading. Wtf

- Cosbydaf - 10-18-2007 01:03 PM

GenKai Wrote:In our school, "Summer Reading" is mandatory. You have to select two books from their shitty list of 15 and do a book report. Naturally, forcing kids to read prescribed, politically correct books is the way to get them to appreciate reading. Wtf

Yeah, I hate summer reading too. I thought it WAS mandatory, that's the only reason I did it!

- . - 10-18-2007 01:16 PM

GenKai Wrote:In our school, "Summer Reading" is mandatory. You have to select two books from their shitty list of 15 and do a book report. Naturally, forcing kids to read prescribed, politically correct books is the way to get them to appreciate reading. Wtf

We had two, and we had to do both of them. We had to do and essay and a test for both. I failed.

Fast food nation and About a boy

- Freak - 10-18-2007 02:31 PM

Well if dumbasses read in the first place we wouldn't need forced summer reading. And we'd also have less sheeple.

- SoulRiser - 10-18-2007 02:40 PM

Oooh, free pizza... yay!

- . - 10-18-2007 04:03 PM

I think School and Pizzaria's are involved in some kind of conspiracy to put Pizzarias in School they seem to be obsessed with Them, No chinise food, No McDonalds, Lets just have some good old Pizza all the time Laugh

Another conspiracy theroy, Run from Mr Atomic hes a THERIST!

- HeartofShadows - 10-19-2007 12:48 AM

Freak-of-nature14 Wrote:Well if dumbasses read in the first place we wouldn't need forced summer reading. And we'd also have less sheeple.

But school gives reading such a bad name with its boring ass books that people don't want to read.

- Specter - 10-21-2007 10:31 AM

Laugh Laugh Laugh
rofl

nice work

- thewake - 10-21-2007 11:24 AM

Heart of shadows Wrote:But school gives reading such a bad name with its boring ass books that people don't want to read.
Most of the stuff we've read so far are considered part of the 100 most challenged books of 1990-2000
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Pigman by Paul Zindel

Not to mention The Rag and Bone Shop by Robert Cormier, that dude has a book on that list.

I think my teacher gets a kick out of making us read controversial books.

- HeartofShadows - 10-23-2007 12:57 AM

We mostly read army books about world war 1 and 2.

- happy fool called Nigel - 10-23-2007 01:12 AM

Haha, that's awesome.

- OmegaWolf747 - 10-23-2007 09:22 AM

Summer reading is gay. I'm glad we never had it when I was in school. I'm glad you got free pizza out of it though.