School Survival Forums
times square sucks - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: times square sucks (/showthread.php?tid=16210)

times square sucks - another brick in the wall - 12-08-2007 03:00 PM

i went to times square last weekend and ended up being depressed i felt so alone in a place full of millions of people it was weird or maybe in just weird i felt like everyone was just passing through and not making any connection with anything or anyone

has anyone every felt this way or am i just a weirdo ?

- Happy Camper - 12-08-2007 06:02 PM

So I had to write this poem for chemistry and I figured on a haiku. No matter how ridiculous and silly you make a haiku, it always seems insightful and this one kind of was.

Rush Hour

Atoms bustling
Moving in sync yet detached
Lonely masses.

This may seem like an odd example but I'm being totally serious. I thought of the molecules more like people than anything else. Yes, they're all in close proximity and yes, they interact. But there's never intimacy or anything.

You're not crazy.

- Abandoning Ship - 12-09-2007 12:43 AM

I just dreamed of going to times square..... ._.

Weird coinkydink thar.

- SoulRiser - 12-09-2007 03:45 AM

I get that sort of thing in public places with lots of people too. It's like they're all empty. I normally feel this way when I'm at the supermarket, but the last time I was there, there were these 2 crazy (sane) people there who were laughing hysterically and setting off all the musical christmas decorations. They looked like they were in their 30's. That made my day Smile

- Rebelnerd - 12-09-2007 03:47 AM

yeah, i generally hate big crowded places.

ironically thought, new york city is one of the few places where i DON'T feel that way. especially at night when the wierdos come out.

- another brick in the wall - 12-09-2007 04:51 AM

yeah the city completely changes after about 1 in the morning i pulled an all night-er during the summer my friend and i where offered drugs hookers and say i guy getting whops (hand job) and a drunk white guy dancing with drunk mexicans

- Vatman - 12-09-2007 05:24 AM

I hate the tree at the Rockefeller center....it causes...SOOOO much traffic.

- another brick in the wall - 12-09-2007 08:43 AM

no one from the tri state area ever even pays attention to the tree lighting its just a big as tree thats decorated

- WildFire - 12-09-2007 08:53 AM

I hate South Dakota because no one knows how to drive here. And now thats it's been snowing, that retardedness in driving has multiplied like 20 times.