School Survival Forums
Banner contest - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Banner contest (/showthread.php?tid=15714)

Banner contest - ChickenLeg - 01-21-2008 04:06 PM

Since my school's banners that hang on the light posts on the main street on the block it's on are getting old, they made a contest for a redesign.

I decided to enter. But not because I love the school. I despise it with every fiber of my being. Rather, I'm using the opportunity so, if I happen to win and my design be in banner form for a few years, I can use this to my advantage later. Sounds cold, but seeing as I don't plan on college, I will need something to prove myself should I try to get an artistic job. And since we're limited to only two or three colors, I don't have to worry about shading or anything, mostly. Since it's line art.

Anyway, I'm stuck between what color scheme I should go with, and after that what improvements can be made to the head.

Since it's a banner, it will need words, and this is only the graphic design for it. I'm still stuck on its size relative to the rest of the banner. I'm pretty settled on what I should put down as words.

Anyway, the prospective schemes:
[Image: contest(2).PNG]
[Image: contestinverse(2).PNG]

- Alucard483 - 01-22-2008 01:28 AM

I like the green with white pig

- Darthmat - 01-22-2008 01:29 AM

bottom
^

(if that made any sense, lawl. I like the top one more)

- ChickenLeg - 01-22-2008 04:39 AM

Alucard483 Wrote:I like the green with white pig

Horse.

- SoulRiser - 01-22-2008 04:55 AM

I also like the top one more. Is the whole thing going to be a huge head though?

- ChickenLeg - 01-22-2008 05:00 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:I also like the top one more. Is the whole thing going to be a huge head though?

No. Like I said, it will only be the graphic for the banner. I'm expecting it to take about a fourth to a half of the total size with enough room for the words.

To be honest, guys, at least there's SOME use of that education we get. Art/visual crap.

- Darthmat - 01-22-2008 06:10 AM

Everything anyone ever learns has some use.

- SoulRiser - 01-22-2008 06:38 AM

Only if you remember it Razz

- WildFire - 01-22-2008 08:17 AM

I actually like both of them. But if I had to choose, I'd go with the white horse on the green background. Well, at least your mascot isnt that difficult, ours is a cobbler leaning on some kind of box that has the letters R and C on them.

- ChickenLeg - 01-29-2008 08:33 AM

While I am trying to adjust the nose area, it just isn't going so well, in my opinion.

Anyway, I got the banner ready for the graphic, only to realize that I had a ton of space left over, requiring not only large text and a copy of current graphic, but another mustang for middle filler. It actually turned out good, except someone said it looked like a cow when I made the sketch. After getting the graphic in and shrinking it to 90% its original size (Protip: MSPaint is good for that) I saved as a new 16-color bitmap, did some color replacement work, then saved in PNG. I will revert to its normal colors when I'm done, but here's what I have:

[Image: banneralfin.PNG]

The irony is that we happen to be good at everything except football, which is what many people might first think of when they see said horse.

- Darthmat - 01-29-2008 08:37 AM

Laugh

Oh, and good job.

- The One - 01-29-2008 08:52 AM

You should draw a picture of a Ford Mustang, I'd vote for it.

- happy fool called Nigel - 01-29-2008 09:25 AM

WildFire Wrote:I actually like both of them. But if I had to choose, I'd go with the white horse on the green background. Well, at least your mascot isnt that difficult, ours is a cobbler leaning on some kind of box that has the letters R and C on them.

My mascot is racist against me.

- monkey - 01-29-2008 10:29 AM

Looks like one third pig one third cow and one third horse.