School Survival Forums
people or truth? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: people or truth? (/showthread.php?tid=15328)

people or truth? - HeartofShadows - 02-13-2008 09:34 AM

I often got into arguments with my mom about her form of respect. She kissed everybodies ass and all that and
She often told me about how people will not want to be around me if I don't act a certain way...
I often acted when I was younger the way people wanted and was never true to myself in order for people to be around me... I understand being fake at a job but...

To shorten this... would you rather be something completely different then you to have people be near you and embrace you as normal or would you rather be true to yourself but people not want to be near you?

I know most of you are yourselves and people tolerate you but what if you were stuck to this choice what would you do?

Re: people or truth? - Eidolon - 02-13-2008 09:37 AM

I would try to do a bit of both, though I would probably lean more towards the truth side.

Re: people or truth? - KittyKatBlack - 02-13-2008 09:40 AM

I ,too, would try to be both. Telling the truth doesn't mean being an asshole about it.

Re: people or truth? - Suicidal-kun - 02-13-2008 02:58 PM

I would like to say that I'd be myself, but I've found myself to be somewhat fake every now and then so people don't judge me. But, that's mostly just to make highschool barable, and I hate myself every time I do it. And if I had to choose, I'd prefer to be myself rather then be fake and have friends any day.

Re: people or truth? - SoulRiser - 02-13-2008 09:49 PM

I'd just be myself, even if I end up being alone because of it. Not that that will happen, because there ARE intelligent lifeforms out there who can appreciate real people. I'd rather have real friends than fake ones. Being myself is an easy way to tell them apart.

Re: people or truth? - Darthmat - 02-13-2008 10:44 PM

SoulRiser Wrote:I'd just be myself, even if I end up being alone because of it. Not that that will happen, because there ARE intelligent lifeforms out there who can appreciate real people. I'd rather have real friends than fake ones. Being myself is an easy way to tell them apart.

We really need to formalize this quote of the year thing we have going on.