School Survival Forums
Birth... (if you could choose, would you have been born?) - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Philosophy, Politics & History (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Birth... (if you could choose, would you have been born?) (/showthread.php?tid=15118)

Pages: 1 2

Birth... (if you could choose, would you have been born?) - HeartofShadows - 02-29-2008 01:15 AM

I was talking to a guy in school about his family and it got to the point where he pretty much told me he was a accident and how his dad pulled that crap out of his ass about giving him life. I asked him if he would have wanted to be born if he had a choice and his answer surprised me.
I never expected a super positive person like him to say no to being born.. I predicted the whole conversation and I expected him to say yes but..

In a nutshell this post asks if you knew what you knew now then would you choose to be born in this world if you had a choice?

Re: Birth... - HeartofShadows - 02-29-2008 01:24 AM

Its kinda hard to answer my own question.

The pros of birth- Being born has allowed me to play video games, see beautiful things of nature and meet people who are decent in their own way. I learned the feelings of Happiness, love, and trust and I also have eaten great food.

Cons- I was introduced to religions, controllers, death, awareness, Pain, sadness, etc(you get it).

I would answer more on this but my head kinda hurts now..

Re: Birth... - NiteRaidah - 02-29-2008 03:23 AM

Yes, I would.

True, I've experienced some, erm, less than exemplary moments. Yes, there are some things I wouldn't mind changing. I've also been introduced to things I would have rather not have known about, if I could help it. But at the end of the day (or night, depending where I am), the pros of birth outweigh the cons.

Re: Birth... - Eidolon - 02-29-2008 04:10 AM

I enjoy being alive.

Re: Birth... - Guest - 02-29-2008 05:55 AM

But you did choose to be here.

Re: Birth... - HeartofShadows - 02-29-2008 07:34 AM

Kirby Wrote:But you did choose to be here.

No I didn't...

My mom and dad had jungle fever when they were young and the end result was me.. they didn't ask me Hey you wanna be born little man.. no they had sex and months later I became aware..

Re: Birth... - Freak - 02-29-2008 08:22 AM

One perfect day is worth a million bad ones.

Re: Birth... - Suicidal-kun - 02-29-2008 11:40 AM

Yeah, I would choose to live. My life's good now and I wouldn't want to give it up.

Re: Birth... - Double - 02-29-2008 07:26 PM

I'd rather chose experience in living than not living anything at all. Even though life is bad at times, yeah, but eventually it all goes away so what's the care.

Re: Birth... - SoulRiser - 03-01-2008 02:03 AM

I'm glad I'm alive. I'd choose it over nothingness any day.

Quote:One perfect day is worth a million bad ones.

Quite true Smile

This reminds me of something I was thinking the other day... you can't bring a person into the world for their own sake. You can adopt one for their own sake, to make their life better than it was before and stuff, but that doesn't apply to spawning a new one, because they didn't exist before that. They get no say in the matter at all... and they get very little say in just about anything for years after they're born too. When you put it that way, it's no wonder so many people are depressed...

Re: Birth... - Cilaos - 03-01-2008 02:28 AM

Edit: I really don't know.
A year later, this is still bullshit.

Re: Birth... - Jackass McAwesome - 03-01-2008 09:18 AM

Well ah.

I wouldn't say I was happy to be born. My life is mostly shit with my paranoid Mom and Dad who disappears a lot.

I suppose I should stay alive to help you guys cope with your Anti-school furies =D

Re: Birth... - Colin - 03-04-2008 01:40 PM

A heroic person would say their glad to be alive if only for the chance to save others. I'd like to be like that, but I'd also like to be Hero of Time. Frankly, if I do something really awesome, like save the Hero of Time, then die as a result, living up to that moment would be worth it. So yes. I'll be born, for a chance at doing heroic stuff sometime.

Re: Birth... - Ariadnae Basilisk - 03-04-2008 09:23 PM

If I knew what I know now, I'd still choose life, but I'd make different choices.

Re: Birth... - SoulRiser - 03-04-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:A heroic person would say their glad to be alive if only for the chance to save others. I'd like to be like that, but I'd also like to be Hero of Time. Frankly, if I do something really awesome, like save the Hero of Time, then die as a result, living up to that moment would be worth it. So yes. I'll be born, for a chance at doing heroic stuff sometime.

I like the way you think. Yes

Re: Birth... - thoughtmaker - 03-05-2008 01:00 AM

Ariadnae Basilisk Wrote:If I knew what I know now, I'd still choose life, but I'd make different choices.

as funny as this sounds... i did understand everything when i got older Laugh

Re: Birth... - HeartofShadows - 03-13-2008 05:35 PM

eww heroic...
Laugh

Re: Birth... - liq3 - 03-13-2008 05:48 PM

Kirby Wrote:But you did choose to be here.
I have to agree.

And, to answer the first post, yes, I would still choose to be here.

Re: Birth... - cryptevah72 - 03-16-2008 02:14 PM

your all seeing this as "live or not live," but wasnt the question "would you want to be born now? or where you are?

well, i do enjoy many things about my life now, but if i could think about this as like, i wouldnt actually be missing anything, it'd just be differant, i would so not choose to be born human, no offense to you humans, but it sux. maybe another plain of existance, or maybe i'd just wait till we finally blow ourselves up and then start a new, or a hawk, thatd be great, or even maybe i'd choose to be born as a mutant, kinda human, but still better....

hmmmmmmmmmmm........

Re: Birth... - HeartofShadows - 03-18-2008 02:37 PM

nice thinking cryps...

If I could choose what to be born in this world I would be born a wolf or hawk or bird..

I always liked wolfs because they were animals that symbolized strength and freedom to me..
Birds on the other hand I would see them soaring in the sky and I wold look toward the sky while thinking of how neat it would be to soar in the air untamed.

Ehh those are my thoughts.

Re: Birth... - Sanjuro - 03-19-2008 10:32 AM

As Mulla Nasraduine said "where we go before were born and where we go after must be very bad. After all we arrive sceaming and leave crying and reluctently"! So to answer yes I'd still like to be born if not because of that because of all the good I've done at my school.

Shickamaru-kun

Re: Birth... - AWOL - 04-26-2008 09:54 PM

My purpose in life is to protect those I love, or die trying. So yes I choose to be born, if only to fulfill my purpose. Also just to clear it up, my mother and father don't count. They are sick, twisted, cruel ageist fuckers. They are the people who fucked up my life! Rocket Ranting Grindteeth Shooting Stabhead Tripleevil Thunder

Re: Birth... - cp - 05-06-2008 10:52 AM

yeah i would live. sure theres lots of bad shit in the world but lots of other people have lived through it so why cant i? its all about surviving and being happy (if you can).

Re: Birth... - Sunbourn - 03-11-2009 05:21 AM

Bump because this topic deserves it.

I would definitly choose to be born. Yes, there is lots of negative stuff in my life, such as school and my parents always arguing, but there's always something positive that makes everything else worth it.

And this > Nothingness.

Re: Birth... - classclown - 03-11-2009 07:12 AM

Zherneboh Wrote:
Bullshit.

i agree thats bullshit.

id choose to be born. not for my self but for those who need me.

Re: Birth... - chibichibibear - 03-11-2009 02:13 PM

This is a really interesting question, and I automatically know my answer: no.

Because A) had I not been born, I wouldn't really care because I never would have existed. B) my family is really poor, and probably should have had two less kids(at least, if not no kids at all...) They'd all benefit had I not existed C) I'm not that great a person, so not like I'd be depriving the world of an amazing brain or talent had I not existed(not like if, say, DaVinci or Edison had never existed, although it could be argued someone else would have come up with those things, just later)

So nah. Sure, life is fun..sometimes...but what's there to miss if I haven't ever experienced it?

Re: Birth... - SoulRiser - 03-12-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:I'm not that great a person, so not like I'd be depriving the world of an amazing brain or talent had I not existed
Everyone has at least one thing they add to the world that nobody else can do, or do quite as well. You just haven't figured out what that is yet Smile

Re: Birth... - HeartofShadows - 03-13-2009 08:14 AM

Wow its been a while since I made this post(How time flies). Thanks for bumping me 5.

I'm alot more strengthened since I first made this topic but I guess my answer still remains the same currently at what I know.

The only things I got now that comfort me are the personal possessions I own and I have no great goals I desire to do. right now all I care about doing is getting through life and reaching the goal.

Maybe I'll change in the future or something but Now I would rather not have been born from my Mom and Dads wrestling fun.

Why struggle through life if I never had to do it to begin with..

RE: Birth... (if you could choose, would you have been born?) - Stadium - 11-15-2011 03:24 AM

No, I wish I had never been born, because now that I'm here there are things I like too much to allow me to kill myself.

RE: Birth... (if you could choose, would you have been born?) - Aya - 11-15-2011 03:49 AM

necrobump.jpg