School Survival Forums
10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job (/showthread.php?tid=14689)

10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - liq3 - 04-11-2008 07:13 PM

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/07/10-reasons-you-should-never-get-a-job/

10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job

And since one of school's main purposes is to train you for a job, some nice anti-school as well.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - Bob Dole - 04-11-2008 08:36 PM

I like the idea of starting my own business. God knows I hate making money for people sitting on their fat asses while I slave away.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - Puchiko - 04-11-2008 08:51 PM

An excellent read. I like the comparison of an emloyee to a pet.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - Eidolon - 04-11-2008 09:38 PM

Yes, I found this a while ago, and I like what is said on there.

I also havethisbookmarked.

Though, it's quite possible that I got these links from another topic... Scratchchin

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - jimmymycrushie - 04-12-2008 12:53 AM

yeah,jobs suck!....one gets only li' money 4 workin' so many hours & 1 doesn't hav time 4 anythin' else!

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - HeartofShadows - 04-12-2008 02:16 AM

straight up truth..
Man my dad wants to help me start my own gig in the name of not working at some shitpool.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - cooltoonist - 04-12-2008 06:21 AM

Code:
3. Lifelong domestication.

Getting a job is like enrolling in a human domestication program.  You learn how to be a good pet.

Look around you.  Really look.  What do you see?  Are these the surroundings of a free human being?  Or are you living in a cage for unconscious animals?  Have you fallen in love with the color beige?

How’s your obedience training coming along?  Does your master reward your good behavior?  Do you get disciplined if you fail to obey your master’s commands?

Is there any spark of free will left inside you?  Or has your conditioning made you a pet for life?

Humans are not meant to be raised in cages.  You poor thing…

LAWL
I should shove this in my form teacher's face who keeps blabbing about "Oh, you will get sacked if you come to work late" as an encouragement to come to school on time.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - SoulRiser - 04-12-2008 11:26 PM

That page always cracks me up Biggrin

Though, getting a job isn't nearly so bad as not ever considering any alternatives. You gotta start somewhere.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - HeartofShadows - 04-13-2008 02:38 AM

Man but I got a job now and I pretty much die inside everyday I go there.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - janesa - 04-13-2008 02:43 PM

Man that was a good read. I would love to have my own business if I could only figure out what it would be.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - SoulRiser - 04-13-2008 11:02 PM

Or do what Steve himself does. Make a blog and get a bazillion people to read it and put ads on it Razz

He makes like $44k per month or something. Just a tiny fraction of that would be enough to live on.

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job - jimmymycrushie - 04-19-2008 05:46 AM

cooltoonist Wrote:
Code:
3. Lifelong domestication.

Getting a job is like enrolling in a human domestication program.  You learn how to be a good pet.

Look around you.  Really look.  What do you see?  Are these the surroundings of a free human being?  Or are you living in a cage for unconscious animals?  Have you fallen in love with the color beige?

How’s your obedience training coming along?  Does your master reward your good behavior?  Do you get disciplined if you fail to obey your master’s commands?

Is there any spark of free will left inside you?  Or has your conditioning made you a pet for life?

Humans are not meant to be raised in cages.  You poor thing…

LAWL
I should shove this in my form teacher's face who keeps blabbing about "Oh, you will get sacked if you come to work late" as an encouragement to come to school on time.

I came 2 skol late ever since i joined skol in july 4 so many months...m surprised how i cum 2 skol on time dese days (only abt 5 days)....i dun care vat people say....i'll cum late again!