School Survival Forums
D:< - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: D:< (/showthread.php?tid=14642)

D:< - Darthmat - 04-15-2008 07:32 AM

Code:
Dear Parents,

The following letter was sent to all parents of **** students by the administration; we would like to make you aware of its contents as well.

All yeshivot share a common concern for the health and safety of our students and our community. With this in mind we are writing to inform you that we have today been made aware of an alleged internet predator who poses a potentially serious threat to students enrolled in Jewish day schools and yeshivot.

It has come to our attention that a young man (who uses the names "David Newman" and "David Goldman") has allegedly been befriending Orthodox young men and women on Facebook. We are told that he often claims to be a NYU student but it is our understanding that he is not. He has reportedly attempted to meet with young men, coerce them into physical contact and threatens them if they rebuff his advances. We are told that he has allegedly approached women on Facebook as well.

Please be alert to anyone fitting this general profile and advise your students to exercise caution in using Facebook or other online communication systems. If you have any questions contact Assistant District Attorney **** at ****.

Best wishes for a Happy, Kosher and SAFE Pesach,

***,  MS Principal

****,  MS Director of Student Life

***, MS School Psychologist

Oh. My. God.

Then today, she went on a whole rant about how any adult who befriends kids has alternate motives. Brickwall

Re: D:< - youvebeenthunderstruck - 04-15-2008 07:34 AM

Well, if he's actually being threatening, there's reason for concern.

Re: D:< - Darthmat - 04-15-2008 07:37 AM

Code:
[17:33]    <Darthmatrocks>    http://www.school-survival.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7993
[17:33]    <Darthmatrocks>    D:<
[17:34]    <Ahab>    hola
[17:34]    <Alucard483>    hi
[17:34]    <Freak>    ITS VATMAN D=
[17:34]    <Freak>    hahahaha
[17:35]    <Darthmatrocks>    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Re: D:< - Puchiko - 04-15-2008 07:39 AM

To begin with, there's nothing wrong with consensual relationships.

But more to the point-ahem?! Teens aren't stupid. If somebody says "HEY, YOU'RE HOT. WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?" I know what to do. I know when to block a person, or leave a chat room. I know better than to provide enough personal information for somebody to find out my real life identity.

Re: D:< - youvebeenthunderstruck - 04-15-2008 07:43 AM

No, but I don't think your school is being stupid. Maybe it was a bit much to tell the parents, but threatening students isn't a good thing.

Re: D:< - Darthmat - 04-15-2008 07:48 AM

They were. They went on to rant about how awful it was to be on facebook, and that it was all so very dangerous for us, and we should all not use it because of our age blablablablablabla.

Re: D:< - Ahab - 04-15-2008 07:52 AM

Ewww, who would want to hook up with preteens, let alone jewish preteens?

Re: D:< - Abandoning Ship - 04-15-2008 08:35 AM

Puchiko Wrote:But more to the point-ahem?! Teens aren't stupid. If somebody says "HEY, YOU'RE HOT. WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?" I know what to do. I know when to block a person, or leave a chat room. I know better than to provide enough personal information for somebody to find out my real life identity.

Yeah, that's what I always tell teachers and parents and the sort. Even the most retarded internetgoer knows not to give out their number to some random fuckwit on Yahoo.

Re: D:< - SoulRiser - 04-15-2008 09:16 AM

Let's simplify this.

Myspace and Facebook don't stalk teens, people stalk teens. Let's spell that out. P-E-O-P-L-E. Say it with me. Yes. That's good. You're getting there. See? It's not the internet's fault. It's STUPID PEOPLE'S FAULT! STUPID PEOPLE! Must I spell that out too? No? Good.