School Survival Forums
School fundraising - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: School fundraising (/showthread.php?tid=14450)

School fundraising - Stealth - 04-29-2008 09:36 PM

So I am forced to bring this note back and I am forced to do atleast 15km of running?
I don't know why people even "donate" for this.
They want your money thats all.

Re: School fundraising - liq3 - 04-29-2008 10:49 PM

Don't go? I mean really...

Re: School fundraising - SoulRiser - 04-30-2008 05:29 AM

I never took part in any fundraisers. At least, none that I remember...

Re: School fundraising - NiteRaidah - 04-30-2008 05:38 AM

Other than Jump Rope & Hoops For Heart, I haven't done fundraising. Then again, I suppose those two don't count, seeing as though they aren't for the school.

I considered it back in, I think 6th grade. It was something for magazine subscriptions. The guide promised Great Prizes for the kids who managed to raise the most money. I thought about giving it a go, but laziness & apathy begged to differ. After a few arguments, many tears, and a cloud of dust, laziness & apathy won out. Thus, no school fundraiser for me.

Re: School fundraising - Puchiko - 04-30-2008 06:30 AM

What I really hate is when they tell us to bring cash into school. Officially, it's a voluntary donation. In practice, your home room teacher doesn't tell you it's voluntary, and if you don't bring it in she starts yelling at you.

Why would I want to pay for being forced to go somewhere I don't want to go, and being abused there?

Re: School fundraising - monkey - 04-30-2008 02:35 PM

thats like a slave haveing to pay a fee to be whipped. Cuckoo

Re: School fundraising - happy fool called Nigel - 04-30-2008 02:44 PM

Stealth Wrote:So I am forced to bring this note back and I am forced to do atleast 15km of running?
I don't know why people even "donate" for this.
They want your money thats all.

Play with it. Run in the wrong direction, scream, leave, bring an ipod, bring squirt guns.... The possibilities are endless.

Re: School fundraising - SoulRiser - 04-30-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:thats like a slave haveing to pay a fee to be whipped. Cuckoo

Well put.

Re: School fundraising - sahlie - 06-21-2011 04:22 AM

But we can’t deny that school fundraisers really help schools as well as the students in terms of financial problem. Schools generally undertake fundraising efforts to financially support sports teams, bands, cheerleaders, school trips or even to pay for new structures and buildings to expand the school’s compound.

Re: School fundraising - UnschoolShqiponjë - 06-21-2011 04:38 AM

sahlie Wrote:But we can’t deny that school fundraisers really help schools as well as the students in terms of financial problem. Schools generally undertake fundraising efforts to financially support sports teams, bands, cheerleaders, school trips or even to pay for new structures and buildings to expand the school’s compound.

That's because admins get paid ridiculous amounts of money or they are too busy spending it on bullshit testing materials or nice shiny nameplates for teachers.

Re: School fundraising - Phrozen_Soul - 06-21-2011 01:29 PM

School fundraisers don't do any good in the long haul. Are school system is in a financial minefield. One wrong step or move and there it all goes. Take a look around your school.

My school used to have 10-15 people in a class, now in the 8th grade we're going on 35. There's no room for individual learning. Standards for things like Special Education have also severely dropped. There are two mentally retarted kids in my class that slipped by because of lower standards.

One gets mad by being overloaded with work, which is easy, and the other has trouble rationalizing thoughts and vocalization. Our teachers treat them like regular students, and get angry when they have trouble with test or worksheets.

Don't get me started on school lunches. I watched The Food Revolution last night and about yelled in anger. I watched Jamie Oliver set up an Organic cooking kitchen in L.A., and visit a school with it's own chickens and crops.

I hate my school lunch. My favorite lunch is grilled chicken wraps, which are out 90% of the time we have them, which was 3 or 4 times this year. I can't count on my fingers toes and nails how many times we have pizza.

No way in hell am i eating the salad. Our cooks said people spit in them daily. The best thing i can get for a side is baked chips. We have fries almost every day. Every now and again we will have greasy green beans or corn, stuff i wouldn't feed to cattle.

In fact, this is the shit McDonald's feed their cows instead of hay. Then there's homeroom. I use homeroom to get some of my daily slave labor done, and most of the time i get it done, except every single god damn Wednesday and Friday. That day is cutter day. (Our school team, the cutters, we live in Indiana) They are the days dedicated to reading.

This basically gives me 3x more homework then i would have. Then finally there are the clique's. A clique is a group of people. There are jocks, cool people, and the rest. I am in the rest category. This means i am supposed to bow down and worship the ground they walk on.

When we were talking about Java and coding our game, a jock asked us if he could join. No, he knew nothing about coding, art, or concepts, and he was mad. We were insulted and threatened the rest of the year. I'm like screw you guys and fuck off. Well, they didn't like that. All of a sudden a kid named Mason Mack was saying he beat me up at the highschool,

I have to deal with this shit every time i try to stand up for myself or others, he pulls out that trump card. This cowardly hypocrite never even touched me. He has never gotten close. If he does it at all next year, fuck my reputation, fuck my drivers license, i'm calling him out with the vulgarity and hate i've built up for him.

Re: School fundraising - Efs - 06-21-2011 08:25 PM

Yeah I don't get it either. I did one a while ago. It was like 10km in the city. I fucking killed it, but I don't understand why my mum bothered to pay for it, I can just run with my mum for free :\
Bur yeah anyway...some politician was running in the event. And he got lost while he was running and he was like "Where do I go?" And I was like "PFFFT I don't fkn know.." He gave me that "OMFG WHAT DID U SAY SLUT" look. And then I just sprinted hehe I came in the top 10%. Teehee.

Btw this was fundraiser for the council or some shit.

Re: School fundraising - Rosemary16 - 06-24-2011 06:01 AM

Fundraisers simply give the school funds, but several years ago, I participated in clever fundraisers, because the school's staff was much smarter than any students, that they fell for them. In these clever fundraisers, they have several attractions, like a jail, a bounce house, sock hops, cake walks and even a horse cart.

I found out from the school pyscologist that they had plans for staff-only roller-coaster transport. Isn't that crazy or what? Cuckoo

Next thing you know, the fundrziser will contain several things you find in an amusement park. I don't need to go over the details about it.

Re: School fundraising - Faby - 06-24-2011 06:02 AM

sahlie Wrote:But we can’t deny that school fundraisers really help schools as well as the students in terms of financial problem. Schools generally undertake fundraising efforts to financially support sports teams, bands, cheerleaders, school trips or even to pay for new structures and buildings to expand the school’s compound.

DIE, SPAMBOT

Re: School fundraising - Aya - 06-24-2011 06:20 AM

I didn't know spam bots knew how to use emoticons.

Anyway TRU Story:

The last time I was involved in a fund raiser it was after Hurricane Katrina. There were donation boxes in the cafeteria from the red cross. Anyway the teacher in charge of the fund raising started complaining because kids were throwing loose change in the boxes along with bills. The lazy ho actually got on the intercom and bitched about how it was rude to put in spare change and that she only wanted to see fives tens and twenty's in the jar.

So the next day my friends and I got together and we put $50+ worth of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters in the donation box. In front of her.

Oh she was pissed XD

tl;dr: If you have to donate money, give them a bag of unrolled change. They'll never ask anything from you again.

Re: School fundraising - Efs - 06-24-2011 08:51 PM

It's stupid how the school says something is a "donation" or "not required" but then again if you don't pay or hand in the notes you get in deep shit.

Re: School fundraising - Blobthe15 - 07-02-2011 09:44 AM

BRING THE BAN HAMMER