School Survival Forums
Do I have ADHD? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Youth Rights (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Do I have ADHD? (/showthread.php?tid=1394)

Do I have ADHD? - thatdope1 - 03-23-2011 12:31 PM

Okay ever since I was little I would always set goals and fail, I would make up my mind of what I wanted to be and changed my mind later the same day. But these problems started getting worse in the 7th grade. It became ridiculous, I had a LARGE imagination, I was creative, but couldn't combine both and make my dreams reality, I fail at life. I use to have episodes where I would get up and run around the house for along time for no reason... Well this year in the 9th grade (My worse year ever) I have Straight F'S, this has NEVER happened, and when I try to bring my grades up, i just get more depressed. i hate school, i need a way out.......

Re: Do I have ADHD? - Prince Rilian - 03-23-2011 12:44 PM

No. You don't.

Re: Do I have ADHD? - Loxor - 03-23-2011 01:46 PM

GET ON PILLZ NOW IT'S THE ONLY WAY.

Any energy is wrong and is definitely ADHD.

It's strange that when children get cooped up all day, people think that then wanting to move is a problem.

Re: Do I have ADHD? - jdecolt - 03-25-2011 01:12 AM

I doubt you have ADHD, and nowadays people have a tebdancy to diagnose kids with it far too quickly. However, you sound like someone who is both creative and has lots of energy, making the monotomy of school the worst possable setting for you to try to learn in. Then again, if you let them diagnose you with ADHD sometimes you get easier assignments and time extensions which can be useful even if you dont have the disorder. The best way I have found to deal with the boredome and subsequent bad grades that come with school is to find a cool creative outlet that takes up my time outside of school. then i can expend energy on the creative outlet and am more able to concentrate on getting good grades. Mine is currently Minecraft btw Biggrin Idk, hope this helps

Re: Do I have ADHD? - Geeksta - 03-31-2011 11:31 AM

Yes, getting diagnosed with a mental disorder does help with extra time and all, but it's not worth it. First of all, all your teachers see it, so they'll form opinions before they meet you (bad!). Also, if you are too succesful, the school might decide to introduce you to all the special needs kids, hoping you can teach them stuff.
And I agree with jdecolt, they diagnose it way to often, way too quickly, and you should look for a creative outlet. For me it is programing or writing, but you'll have to find your own.

Re: Do I have ADHD? - SoulRiser - 03-31-2011 10:32 PM

No, you probably don't actually have ADHD at all... check this:
http://www.school-survival.net/articles ... D_hoax.php

Also, I'm 28 now and I still come up with really epic ideas and goals, and about 90% of them never get completed or even started on. This isn't a mental disorder, it's just that most of them were more interesting to think about than to actually do... so I never did it. No biggie.

Re: Do I have ADHD? - The Desert Fox - 04-01-2011 02:21 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:No, you probably don't actually have ADHD at all... check this:
http://www.school-survival.net/articles ... D_hoax.php

Also, I'm 28 now and I still come up with really epic ideas and goals, and about 90% of them never get completed or even started on. This isn't a mental disorder, it's just that most of them were more interesting to think about than to actually do... so I never did it. No biggie.
28, Soul? I always thought you were closer to 24-25 for some reason.

Re: Do I have ADHD? - Thought Criminal - 04-01-2011 02:25 AM

tl;dr

No

Re: Do I have ADHD? - SoulRiser - 04-01-2011 04:25 AM

The Desert Fox Wrote:28, Soul? I always thought you were closer to 24-25 for some reason.
I was. But then I got older. :troll:

Re: Do I have ADHD? - Thought Criminal - 04-01-2011 04:35 AM

[Image: orly.jpg]

Re: Do I have ADHD? - aaaaaaasd - 04-01-2011 05:17 AM

I have ADH- oooooo shiny

Re: Do I have ADHD? - SciVille - 05-04-2011 11:01 AM

thatdope1 Wrote:Okay ever since I was little I would always set goals and fail, I would make up my mind of what I wanted to be and changed my mind later the same day. But these problems started getting worse in the 7th grade. It became ridiculous, I had a LARGE imagination, I was creative, but couldn't combine both and make my dreams reality, I fail at life. I use to have episodes where I would get up and run around the house for along time for no reason... Well this year in the 9th grade (My worse year ever) I have Straight F'S, this has NEVER happened, and when I try to bring my grades up, i just get more depressed. i hate school, i need a way out.......
Wait, this isn't normal?!

Re: Do I have ADHD? - flann - 05-04-2011 02:17 PM

SciVille Wrote:
thatdope1 Wrote:Okay ever since I was little I would always set goals and fail, I would make up my mind of what I wanted to be and changed my mind later the same day. But these problems started getting worse in the 7th grade. It became ridiculous, I had a LARGE imagination, I was creative, but couldn't combine both and make my dreams reality, I fail at life. I use to have episodes where I would get up and run around the house for along time for no reason... Well this year in the 9th grade (My worse year ever) I have Straight F'S, this has NEVER happened, and when I try to bring my grades up, i just get more depressed. i hate school, i need a way out.......
Wait, this isn't normal?!

IKNORITE

Let me get some 'smart people' quotes for you, for most the world only believes in 'smart people'

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” – Einstein

Strong quote around here. Even in the upper left-hand

And some other quotes to randomly support the bad school system.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."

"Force always attracts men of low morality. " (Say that to a teacher *cough*)

"Information is not knowledge. "

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."

All Einstein.

Also, Mark Twain didn't like the schooling system either. But post ends

HERE

Re: Do I have ADHD? - Phrozen_Soul - 05-25-2011 01:22 PM

No your just the kind of person who has their own ideas and aspirations, and they don't like that. No, you grow up to be a cubicle worker, to make us money, not to become what you want to be, dreams, pshhh.

And this, in a nutshell, is why i hope every goddamn hypocritical bureaucrat they have hired freezes in the deepest ice pit in the 9th circle of Hell for the rest of their miserable regretful eternity.

Re: Do I have ADHD? - TheOmegaJuggalo - 05-25-2011 11:56 PM

Being spontaneous doesn't mean you have ADHD. It just means you have awesome.

Re: Do I have ADHD? - TheCyclingDutchman - 08-04-2011 11:32 PM

Probably not.
And remember, a lot of adults say you have a mental disorder to make you think that something is wrong with you and that you need to change. Change meaning: Go to a facility where they teach you to obey them at all times.

P.S: Yourock

RE: Do I have ADHD? - Stadium - 11-30-2011 10:48 AM

Yes you should begin treatment immediately. Giving children methylphenidate which is basically the same as amphetamine FTW!

RE: Do I have ADHD? - sergeant - 11-30-2011 11:27 AM

Methyphenidate is completely different from amphetamines...

Amphetamines make you a twitchy completely jumpy person while Ritalin makes you shut the fuck up and actually do something

RE: Do I have ADHD? - xydougie - 12-02-2011 03:11 PM

try online or home school bro. Sitting for 7 hours in a building is bad for everyone but people like you are affected the worst.

Just telling you from experience. you have to do something about it. You won't "Grow " outa this or something

RE: Do I have ADHD? - Fractomancer - 12-06-2011 04:46 AM

Propably you're just pretty creative as you said (I hear artists have a crazy amount of ideas all the time but only use the best ones).

Personally, multitasking has helped me the most in concentrating (weird right?) so maybe you should try it. My current cellphone has internet on it and I've been browsing Cracked.com secretly in math class with it (the teacher there is pretty much blind) and that somehow made my grades raise from D's to A's. I mean like do one problem, then read a bit of article, then do another... Drawing pictures in your notebook is easier to hide, though.

Alternatively drink coffee before doing anything. It tends to help as well.

You propably shouldn't go to school after the required years, though. Then again you likely won't anyway since you're here at SS.

RE: Do I have ADHD? - SoulRiser - 12-06-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:My current cellphone has internet on it and I've been browsing Cracked.com secretly in math class with it (the teacher there is pretty much blind) and that somehow made my grades raise from D's to A's. I mean like do one problem, then read a bit of article, then do another...
So THIS is why they ban cellphones in class... because they might accidentally help people lern stuffs. Razz