School Survival Forums
Reformation of SS leadership? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Site & Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Help, Support & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Reformation of SS leadership? (/showthread.php?tid=13616)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 10:02 AM

I am aware that I might make enemies from this idea SS is constantly degenerating from what it used to be and I wish to make a serrious attempt to fix it.

Due to the unecessary amount of mods and admins on School-Survival the title of mod/admin is more of a metiphorical american eagle/abercrobi/hollister shirt and comes currently with very little responsibility and I beleive that there needs to be a demodification of current all mods and admins with the exception of Soulriser and Lifeischeese. Then a election open to all users could be held to vote 10(ten) active users of SS into mods then another election to vote 3(three) of these elected mods into admins. I also beleive that Admins and Mods can be demoded and replaced at any time through a public vote though admins can only be users who are allready mods.

I hope this is clear and hope this comes to effect.

-Maxwell

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 10:29 AM

Please add ideas if you have any.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Bob Dole - 06-24-2008 10:48 AM

Eh. On one hand I could see where you're coming from. But personally, I like having a large number of mods/admins on a site. Especially this one. Got trolls gafuckinglore now. And the spammers are really starting to work. Plus if we have another raid hit a low raider to admin ratio would be nice. And I too am afraid it'll become a popularity contest.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 10:49 AM

How many raids have their been in SS history?

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 10:51 AM

I think that Rebel should be added to the do not demod list, he has been here since...forever. I like my modship, I got it in this way and I dont feel like giving it up but I guess Im in.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 10:53 AM

I can understand you not wanting to lose your power alucard but thank you for your support.

And the do not demod list and this whole ordeal is really up to Soulriser.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - youvebeenthunderstruck - 06-24-2008 10:57 AM

I don't think the number is unncessary. It's what Soul chose to begin with. Even so, even if you think the forum is suffering a decline, it's not because of the number of mods or admins.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 10:59 AM

Aylinia (SP?) should also go on the do not unmod list. We should have Soul, Rebel and cheese on the admins list and Aylinia, Will and Camper on the do not unmod list

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 10:59 AM

Mods and Admins are in leadership positions and are (for lack of better term) "role models" for some users.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:01 AM

Will even though he is a genius and deserving of mod powers, rarely comes on and will I assume he will be very busy with university soon. And isn't Ayliania in Iraq or training or something?

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 11:06 AM

To place to be voted in as admin you need to have at least three succsesive (in a row)terms as mod as well as activly moderate. To be voted in as mod you should exibit intelligence in your posts, as well as being around for at least 6 months.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 11:07 AM

Maxwell Wrote:Will even though he is a genius and deserving of mod powers, rarely comes on and will I assume he will be very busy with university soon. And isn't Ayliania in Iraq or training or something?
Ayliania is a founder (?) and thus deserving of perminant power

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:07 AM

I wasnt thinking about terms I just thought people could be voted out/in at any time due to lack/increase of activity/leadership/inteligence/ect.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - youvebeenthunderstruck - 06-24-2008 11:08 AM

I really, really don't think that the fact the "forums are declining" is because of number of mods or admins. How do you string that logic together?

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 11:09 AM

Hmmmm, I was thinking that every 6 months we would all vote or somthing. If terms is a bad idea then one should serve as a mod for at least one year befor being admin.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:10 AM

But then how do we decide on our first admins without having a low number for a certain period of time?

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 11:10 AM

Mabey it would be a good idea to place each mod a specific forum to mod. So somone would get welcome, the next politics and so on

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:11 AM

I asked that a while ago but it didnt go over well.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - youvebeenthunderstruck - 06-24-2008 11:11 AM

Or we could leave the entire thing the way it is... Noo

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Darthmat - 06-24-2008 11:15 AM

It's better to have more, for security measures, IMO.

But I think if a mod/admin is idle for a long time, the mod/admin should be de-modded/adminned, and reinstated when he/she comes back.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - youvebeenthunderstruck - 06-24-2008 11:16 AM

That would be up to Soul.

And anyway, SoulRiser made all of the mods and admins to begin with. It should all come down to her.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:17 AM

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:That would be up to Soul.

And anyway, SoulRiser made all of the mods and admins to begin with. It should all come down to her.

I beleive I already stated that.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - youvebeenthunderstruck - 06-24-2008 11:18 AM

What I mean is that if she chose them in the first place she must have a reason for choosing them. Getting rid of them because "the forums are in decline" sounds like a pretty shitty reason.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:20 AM

But I'm hoping strong leaders may prevent the forums from declining.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 11:20 AM

Befor it was like the idea posted, popular sovernty....without the demod option

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - youvebeenthunderstruck - 06-24-2008 11:21 AM

Administrators and moderators aren't "leaders". We just have the ability to do certain forum functions, but we're not "leaders". We don't set a "good example" just because we're that.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:21 AM

How many active users do we have?

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Bob Dole - 06-24-2008 11:22 AM

Maxwell Wrote:How many raids have their been in SS history?
One fairly large scale raid. But we have script kiddies and trolls coming in from somewhere. And they're more dangerous than the raiders.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Albatross - 06-24-2008 11:24 AM

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:Administrators and moderators aren't "leaders". We just have the ability to do certain forum functions, but we're not "leaders". We don't set a "good example" just because we're that.

But I find with the power and responsibility you guys are leaders. You decide on issues that the rest of us have no power over and as far as "good examples" I was a retard when I first came on here but through examples such as Kirby, Wolf and even yourself Thunder I have became more intelligent.

Re: Reformation of SS leadership? - Alucard483 - 06-24-2008 11:24 AM

a few small ones and one big one