School Survival Forums
Doodling in class - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Doodling in class (/showthread.php?tid=1325)

Doodling in class - jdecolt - 03-30-2011 01:34 AM

So, i often doodle in class, it helps me pay attention and usually teachers are able to understand this. Today i was doodling as usual after i had finished the notes in math and my math teacher chose to yell at me about it and call me to her desk after class. She ignored my opinions on the subject and left me with some "things to think about" mostly basic opinions that any moron would have thought of instantly. I should mention i have an A in this class so its obvious i pay attention and understand the material. So i have decided, in response, to print out a few studies online on how doodling is a good thing in school and helps increase brain activity along with a not telling her that i think she might be interested in these. i have already printed the reports and written the note and plan to leave it on her desk next period. I figure she should at least try to listen to my opinion. Has anybody else had trouble with this sort of thing?

Re: Doodling in class - Loxor - 03-30-2011 01:41 AM

She probably sees it as you not paying attention, but that shouldn't be a real reason to call you out. Hm.

Whenever I attempt to doodle I always get a comic strip idea, and those are insane. It's also odd when that happens to be in the grammar book my teacher is taking. Heh.

Re: Doodling in class - Geeksta - 03-31-2011 09:58 AM

I doodle sometimes in class, but I don't get in trouble. I also have at least a 70% in all my classes (B[ish]). But some of my friends doodle in class, and get in so much trouble it is sad. I think it depends on the teacher, and the student (one teacher at my school flips at EVERYTHING Sad but, what can I do? (Don't answer).
Don't get your hopes up jdecolt, those studies might not count as far as your teacher's concerned.

Re: Doodling in class - jdecolt - 04-01-2011 12:59 AM

Actually, surprisingly enough, she listened Biggrin I am now allowed to doodle whenever i want as long as its not something totally interactive. Not perfect i suppose, but certainly a major improvement. Goes to show that sometimes a little resistance can pay off Smile