School Survival Forums
Next Harry Potter movie held back - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Movies/TV/Videos/Books (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Next Harry Potter movie held back (/showthread.php?tid=12990)

Next Harry Potter movie held back - aaaaaaasd - 08-20-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:HARRY POTTER fans will miss out on a Christmas treat with the release of the sixth movie being delayed until next July.

The new film, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, was due in US and UK cinemas on November 21.

But Warner Bros have now postponed the release to July 17, 2009.

The move was made to take advantage of an open weekend in Hollywood's busy summer season, said Alan Horn, Warner Bros president.

The change was not due to any production snags, he said.

"The picture is absolutely 100% on schedule. There were no delays," Mr Horn said. "I've seen it. It's fabulous. We would have been perfectly able to have it out in November."

The switch will mean a two-year lag between the film versions of books five and six in JK Rowling's series.
Greedy bastards.

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Abandoning Ship - 08-21-2008 02:39 AM

Those poor fangirls.

But this does suck. :/

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - SoulRiser - 08-21-2008 03:07 AM

Most likely someone will leak it out on the internet, everyone will see it, and nobody will bother once it gets released. Laugh

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Alucard483 - 08-21-2008 05:16 AM

Oh for sure. Somone will look to make a quick buck, jack the movie or just sell it off. the shit leaks and the movie company facepalms at not seeing what they had brought down upon themselves. Then the lawsuits. Cant forget about those

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - youvebeenthunderstruck - 08-21-2008 05:21 AM

Nobody here knows why the movie was postponed. It doesn't say anything in the article.

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Sunbourn - 08-21-2008 05:22 AM

Good. I never want to see another harry potter movie.

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Bob Dole - 08-21-2008 05:36 AM

T'was postpwned because of Radcliffe's involvement in Equus. They don't want horse secks and naked horse riding to somehow stain the image of the movie.

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Alucard483 - 08-21-2008 05:48 AM

LOL, now why cant we get emma watson in the buff just ONCE! Thats all I ask

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - chibichibibear - 08-21-2008 08:50 AM

What? That's insane!! And this one was going to be really good!(and not just because I think Tom Riddle is cute or something...) It's my favorite book! Dammit.

This seems like a really big gap though. 8 months? Ummm, what?
Are they that afraid of Twilight? XD

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Darthmat - 08-21-2008 09:27 PM

Scooby Snacks Wrote:T'was postpwned because of Radcliffe's involvement in Equus. They don't want horse secks and naked horse riding to somehow stain the image of the movie.
xD

Fucking fail.

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Double - 08-22-2008 04:22 AM

Personal Theory: The movie was postponed because it wouldn't have made a lot at the box office, considering the fact that the new Bond: Quantum of Solace (shoelace Laugh ) premieres in early November as well.

That, and of course Scooby Snack's theory.

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Faby - 08-24-2008 04:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh well. :|
We got bitchslapped first-hand with the Deathly Hallows in two parts.. wasn't enough, I see.

I'll just have to wait to see how Dumbledore gets blown up another time, I guess.

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - random_name - 08-24-2008 08:52 PM

the deathly hallows will be in 2 parts????????????????? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

for fucks sake!! my life is ruined!!

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - chibichibibear - 08-26-2008 03:16 PM

It'll be way better in two parts, unless you want them to cram all of that shit into 2 hours? I personally would rather they do it that way!!

And I've heard that the main reason they postponed HPB was because with The Dark Knight being freaking awesome and making all that money, they decided they didn't need the money this year, but next year they'll need a big movie to get them lots of money.
It was only Fox News that made up the bullshit about them not wanting Dan's involvement in Equus to mess with the "image." or whatever

Re: Next Harry Potter movie held back - Hanny - 08-27-2008 05:33 AM

It's because there was some sort of strike earlier in the year, meaning a lot of development was postponed. And also because of the competition. They've casted the Cedric Diggory actor for Edward in the Twilight movie, too, did anyone notice?